PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hiking partner in/around Asheville, NC

Chris_Asheville
10-26-2006, 10:57
Hey everyone,

I moved to Asheville about four months ago and have been doing quite a bit of hiking the last few months. I would like to meet some people in and around the NC/TN area to hike with. I can pretty much get out anytime after 4:30pm and on the weekends. I am single and I have a puppy, so my weekend responsibilities are pretty minimal. If anyone from the Raliegh/Triad area are heading this way for a long weekend out on the trail, let me know and we can all get together.

Fall hiking is the best.

Chris

Phreak
10-26-2006, 11:49
Hey Chris,
I live in Atlanta but do a lot of hiking in your area. I'm laid up with leg surgery for the remainder of the year, but will be getting up to your area just about every Saturday -> Tuesday starting in January. You're welcome to join us on any of our trips. We do a lot of hiking in Pisgah and Joyce Kilmer areas.

Brian

unl1988
10-26-2006, 12:19
Chris

I am from Fayetteville, but hike out that way a lot. Most of the federal holidays, I head either out west, or up to the Shenandoah NP. If your available on holidays, I would be up for it.

Fritz

Gaiter
10-26-2006, 13:00
Hey, there is TriadHikers on Yahoo Groups, (yeah i know the yahoo thing is annoying, but its simple) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/triadhikers/ Simply post available weekends using the poll and trip ideas, and then decide as a group from there where and when to go. A few of us might go on a trip one weekend and others on another. This group is open to anyone.