PDA

View Full Version : Farting in the shelters....

longshank
10-27-2006, 10:07
I hiked the Long trail this past summer and I shared a shelter with a couple of guys who blew the dorrs off of the place...Has anyone any funny stories to share on this topic? How about opinions on letting lose around other hikers, be they strangers or not?

Lone Wolf
10-27-2006, 10:09
You ever force a fart and draw mud? I hate when that happens.

Just Jeff
10-27-2006, 10:10
Search the archives for "fart baseball."

mrc237
10-27-2006, 10:11
Do you know why farts stink?

Just Jeff
So deaf people can have fun, too.

mrc237
So deaf people can enjoy them as well!---:)

Outlaw
10-27-2006, 10:12

Oh, please enlighten us.

mrc237
10-27-2006, 10:12
Very good JJ ya beat me to the PL

longshank
10-27-2006, 10:17
Ever try to lay cable and get nothing but fart. Disappointing.

Just Jeff
10-27-2006, 10:18
Yeah, but sometimes you get a pretty good fart out of it, and that's fun too.

Almost There
10-27-2006, 10:24
Hiked with a guy named Vapor Trail once....on the first uphill I learned how he got his name!

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 10:32
Farts serve a useful purpose. Like when you get in the sleeping bag and it is still cold. Fart in it a few times to warm it up. That is why the sleeping bag is known as a fart sack in the military.

MOWGLI
10-27-2006, 10:43
My wife doesn't appreciate my flatulence in the house. That's one of the great things about the trail. I can let 'er rip pretty much anywhere - anytime.

Funny story. Last weekend I was in Iowa. I got on the elevator, and halfway to the lobby the doors opened. In walked a cute young couple who had attended a wedding the night before. The cute little 20-something young lady lets one rip as she gets into the elevator. Well, the two of them laughed and I simply smiled.

I guess you had to be there.

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 10:45
==============================

I'm told that is called a "SHART"

'Slogger

Almost There
10-27-2006, 10:47
My wife and I have fart and belching competitions...salt of the earth I know, but hey farts are funny!!! Her grandmother always told her if you keep them in you'll get sick. BTW, this is the same grandmother who used to hangout with Deadheads when they would come to Alpine Valley(Wisconsin) when they would come through for shows, she was a very cool lady!!! And man could she rip!!!

highway
10-27-2006, 11:20
Naw, if you hold them in too long it gives you a headache:D

highway
10-27-2006, 11:21
.....and makes you sterile!

Outlaw
10-27-2006, 12:16
All that extra gas in your system can give you the bends.:D

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 12:21
All that extra gas in your system can give you the bends.:D
==================================

...but only if you sit up too quickly !!

'Slogger

wilderness bob
10-27-2006, 12:37
On the trail in 05, Maine I believe, while hiking with the three remaining members of "Team Hustle" (Protieus, Buttah and Levi). With yours truly in the lead and about 150 yards separating the group, I was able to get a review on my release all the way down the trail as each person went through the "Kill Zone". A personal best.

VictoriaM
10-27-2006, 13:22
So this is the sort of behavior and talk I have to look forward to next year? :rolleyes:

;)

rhjanes
10-27-2006, 13:23
http://www.ladyskylar.com/swffiles/Brocolli.swf

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 13:23
[quote=VictoriaM;262013]So this is the sort of behavior and talk I have to look forward to next year? :rolleyes:

=================================

Absolutely not ...it's FAR worse when you're actually ON the trail.

'Slogger

neo
10-27-2006, 13:26

:D ok why:cool: neo

peter_pan
10-27-2006, 13:30
Broccoli is to heavy to carry.

Pan

neo
10-27-2006, 13:40

Pan

:D we dont worry about fartin in shelters do we pan:cool: neo

bfitz
10-27-2006, 14:21
Sometimes you're trying to let one out and realize you have a "peeper". You try to close back up on a peeper and create a "shaver".

My father says that he doesn't trust his farts anymore.

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 14:27
How about the SBD's ...or is that another thread all together ??

'Slogger

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 14:27
You mean a turtle pokin' cotton?

StarLyte
10-27-2006, 14:38
thanks ladies.....make me go first.....yes it's all men here.......

I can't believe there's a thread on this either. GEEZUS.

A friend of mine today said that the "turtle's head" is poking thru and I didn't know what he was talking about. :D :D :D

Just Jeff
10-27-2006, 14:40
For the airborne types..."I got jumpers in the door!"

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 14:42

A friend of mine today said that the "turtle's head" is poking thru and I didn't know what he was talking about. :D :D :D

And if it wasn't for this thread you may have thought it was something dirty.

Wait a sec...:eek:

Lone Wolf
10-27-2006, 14:43
"gotta go release some brown trout"
"gotta drop off the kids at the pool"
"gotta back out a cinncinatti steamer"

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 14:45
====================================

...and the light is flickering between red and green !!

All the Way ...

'Slogger

Webs
10-27-2006, 14:46
yes!n this is the best thread ever! i couldn't stop laughing! :clap

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 14:47
Be honest. You like the tip of using farts to warm up your sleeping bag. ;)

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 14:48
Be honest. You like the tip of using farts to warm up your sleeping bag. ;)
================================

Just keep that pucker string tight around your neck !!

'Slogger

bfitz
10-27-2006, 14:49
Even more fun is warming up someone else's bag with your fart!

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 14:50
Even more fun is warming up someone else's bag with your fart!
===========================

Can't quite get a visual on that one ...

'Slogger

bfitz
While they're getting water or something.

Footslogger
While they're getting water or something.
========================

Ahhh ...thanks for that added detail.

'Slogger

bfitz
The look of surprise on their face when they get in the fart incubator is priceless.

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 14:52
So it while they are in it. Wait until the get all zipped up and tight in there, then they leave that little hole open for breathing. When you do it, they will either play hell getting out to beat your ass or just sit there and suck it up. Like a hiker Dutch Oven.

bfitz
10-27-2006, 14:54
The dutch oven is my all-time favorite.

MOWGLI
10-27-2006, 15:03
"gotta go release some brown trout"
"gotta drop off the kids at the pool"
"gotta back out a cinncinatti steamer"

A Veteran I worked with at Verizon used to say "I gotta take a Captain." Took me a few years to figure that one out.

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 15:04
More like an LT

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 15:11
More like an LT
=====================

Why not a Private ...can't get much LOWER than that.

'Slogger

DipDog
10-27-2006, 15:18

Locally known as prarie doggin!

Blissful
10-27-2006, 15:20
My great aunts used to say (as they tooted away during card games, the great Germans they are)...

Better to let it out and bear the shame
then keep it in and bear the pain.

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 15:21
=====================

'Slogger

Naw, LTs are known for being a bigger pain in the ass.

Is it me, or does tonight seem extra silly on WhiteBlaze?

Lone Wolf
10-27-2006, 15:25
Naw, LTs are known for being a bigger pain in the ass.

Tonight? It's 3:20 in the afternoon. What's it around 11:20 there? You think it's silly now wait till I get back from Dot's later tonite.:D

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 15:27
LOL

I will have to read about it later. I have a patrol in the morning and need to get some crew rest before hitting the road in the morning.

Y'all keep up the good work.

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 15:40
======================================

Nah ...not you.

Just a thread that appeals to the knuckle dragger in all of us.

'Slogger

Mother Nature
10-27-2006, 15:41
:banana Smokestack and I belonged to a hiking club when we were still dating. We weren't at that nice comfortable stage in our relationship where you could just let one rip. A nice pretty little blonde 20 something in a cute matching t-shirt and shorts asked if she could car pool with us.

The hike was too much for old cutey pie and she fell into a deep drooling sleep almost as soon as we got in the car and headed home. Suddenly the air in the car turned blue. Neither Smokestack or myself said anything at first each assuming the other had cut a silent bomb. But when the air turned blue the third time I said, Is that you? He grinned and said, No I thought it was you. About that time cutey cut another in her sleep this time with a rather loud accompaniment which woke her up. She gave us the nastiest look and said, Geez guys. One of you guys has a real problem!

Mother Nature

Footslogger
10-27-2006, 15:46
:banana Smokestack and I belonged to a hiking club when we were still dating. We weren't at that nice comfortable stage in our relationship where you could just let one rip. A nice pretty little blonde 20 something in a cute matching t-shirt and shorts asked if she could car pool with us.

The hike was too much for old cutey pie and she fell into a deep drooling sleep almost as soon as we got in the car and headed home. Suddenly the air in the car turned blue. Neither Smokestack or myself said anything at first each assuming the other had cut a silent bomb. But when the air turned blue the third time I said, Is that you? He grinned and said, No I thought it was you. About that time cutey cut another in her sleep this time with a rather loud accompaniment which woke her up. She gave us the nastiest look and said, Geez guys. One of you guys has a real problem!

Mother Nature
==================================

I gotta remember that one so that I can pull it on the wife ...

'Slogger

mdionne
10-27-2006, 16:18
I used to hike with a guy named Turtlehead. It wasn't too long after he adopted his trail name before someone clued him in. He kept it though!:D

Just Jeff
10-27-2006, 16:19
A Veteran I worked with at Verizon used to say "I gotta take a Captain." Took me a few years to figure that one out.

Hey - I resemble that remark!! Less than a year to go, though...then I'll be a MAJOR pain in the ass!:jump

Paul Bunyan
10-27-2006, 17:23
I am really suprised this isn't int he humor forume, but what the heck.

My personal favorites were said by my great grandpa and some of my friends.

Grandpa: I just went and shot a bar. (he meant bear.)

Friends (after a loud one): Man, their must be some Arkansas barking spiders out here.

:) :D :)

Heater
10-27-2006, 17:42
Midgets hate farts.

mweinstone
10-27-2006, 17:48
i do not enjoy this thread.

Heater
10-27-2006, 17:51

Droppin' the kids off at the pool.

Brown Donkey kicking at the Barn door.

Skidsteer
10-27-2006, 18:36
From that bastion of intellectualism known as "South Park"

-Mud Monkey
-Fudge Dragon
and
-Chocolate Hotdog

:)

wilderness bob
10-27-2006, 19:21
Butt mud, a personal favorite.

Have you ever heard of the "Strategically Released Fart"?

An example: your hiking buddy is doing his best at a local drinking hole trying to link up with a female patron. You walk past doing a little "crop dusting" knowing it will stink. Then come back when it has fermented and deliver a good line. "DANG DUDE, not again" This totally blocks his action and can lead you into conversation with the person he was talking to like, "lets go get some fresh air" or, "he does this all the time". Yes I know it's not cool to do so, so save it for the right moment. A little pay back perhaps. Remember, buddy is only half a word.

woodsy
10-27-2006, 20:00
=====================

'Slogger

LT's are lower(on the common sense scale) than privates

Spock
10-27-2006, 20:42
Anyone remember this one?

I brush my teeth with the river's sand
Comb my hair with a tree
Wash my face whenever it rains
And let my wind blow free.

From Backpacking One Step at a Time

StarLyte
10-27-2006, 20:59
OMG - this thread is still in the top 5 threads? This is too funny.

stickman
10-27-2006, 21:21
What is the instinct wives have about a fart? My wife can't hear me half the time when I'm standing right beside, but if I'm two floors removed and rip off a good one, she hears it instantly.

Stickman

BTW, liver and onions makes a pretty deadly gas, but for me the all time worst is turkey. With Thanksgiving coming up, I have to think about that one.

Heater
10-27-2006, 21:58
Techie one: "where's Carl"?
Techie two: "Dropping Packets".

:D

Hammock Hanger
10-28-2006, 08:21
OMG - this thread is still in the top 5 threads? This is too funny.
CAn you believe that there are 67 responses to "good farting". We all need to get out and hike.:rolleyes:

highway
10-28-2006, 08:40
That just goes to show you what an essential bodily function it is to so many-smelly as it is

ocourse
10-28-2006, 09:09
Could someone direct me to the adult discussions?

MOWGLI
10-28-2006, 09:16
Could someone direct me to the adult discussions?

Trailplace.com (http://www.trailplace.com)

Footslogger
10-28-2006, 10:21
CAn you believe that there are 67 responses to "good farting". We all need to get out and hike.:rolleyes:
====================================

...and let off a little steam ??

'Slogger

longshank
10-28-2006, 10:26
i do not enjoy this thread.
So?:confused:

ShakeyLeggs
10-28-2006, 11:29
Got a good one not hiking related but;

Years ago when my wife was pregnant with our first son. With me being a lowly private in the army we had to walk everywhere. We were returning fron a resturant called What A Burger when I let a good one rip. When she got wind of it she gagged and puked all the way home about a half a block.

As my grandfather used to say
Beans, Beans
The magical fruit
The more you eat
The more you toot
The more you toot the better you feel
So eat those beans for every meal

Speak O Thoothless Wonder

You a-hole is talkin skat behind your back again huh?
(Not in those words)

Hammock Hanger
10-28-2006, 11:44
Trailplace.com (http://www.trailplace.com)
:D :D LMAO...

rtfi
10-28-2006, 14:40
Farting in shelters? I thought that was why they only had 3 sides!

MOWGLI
10-28-2006, 15:02
I hiked behind another hiker in 2000 for a 20+ mile day in VT. Throughout the day - I would smell bad gas from time to time. At the end of the day I said, "Dude, that was some seriously bad gas you had today." He looked at me and said (with a serious look on his face), "I haven't had gas all day. What are you talking about?" :eek:

I still don't know what that was all about. :-?

greentick
10-28-2006, 17:04

don't forget to wipe the colonel

greentick
10-28-2006, 17:26
Butt mud, a personal favorite.

Have you ever heard of the "Strategically Released Fart"?

An example: your hiking buddy is doing his best at a local drinking hole trying to link up with a female patron. You walk past doing a little "crop dusting" knowing it will stink. Then come back when it has fermented and deliver a good line. "DANG DUDE, not again" This totally blocks his action and can lead you into conversation with the person he was talking to like, "lets go get some fresh air" or, "he does this all the time". Yes I know it's not cool to do so, so save it for the right moment. A little pay back perhaps. Remember, buddy is only half a word.

"Crop dusting" is several sequential farts layed out in a linear pattern for mass enjoyment.

It's more lethal and local brother is known as a "Daisy cutter." This type "blows the doors off."

Gaiter
10-28-2006, 17:34
I've never heard the turtle's head or prarie doggin, but i have heard of groundhogging.

And for a fart story: I went on a group trip w/ an outfitters, who cooked us a dinner of bean & rice tortias. Well every time i woke up that night, i heard a fart coming from a different direction.

Just Jeff
10-28-2006, 17:44
Post deleted because it was too stupid.

mdionne
10-28-2006, 17:59
i had just got done eating an all you can eat out of waynesboro. all the way up the next hill i farted with every step i took.. rip, rip, rip, rip, rip rip, rip, rip, rip, rip.:D

my friends made me hike behind them. :o

Topcat
10-28-2006, 18:38
You ever notice that when someone farts in the shelter, you can always tell who it is? 5 people will be climbing over each other, screaming, trying to escape and one lone soul will be sittign in the middle breathing in deeply with a self satisfied smile on his face, just enjoying the moment.....

saimyoji
10-28-2006, 20:50
I've shared this elsewhere:

I was between two thruhikers in a shelter last summer, a group of 4 college kids were on the other side playing cards, getting ready to sleep. I couldn't sleep because I had serious gas, but didn't want to disturb anyone, so I tried to slowly release it, real quiet like. Problem was it just didn't let up. So I gave up and let one rip. It was quite impressive. So much so that it rattled the floor boards. Those kids couldn't stop laughing. Just when they had managed to calm down, they'd start cracking up again. I don't think they ever finished their game. They were still asleep when I left the shelter the next morning. I don't know if they knew it was me, I don't care. Just glad I could give them something to remember and laugh about later.

Good times. :banana

Webs
10-28-2006, 21:27
another version of the song goes:
Beans, beans, good for your heart;
the more you eat, the more you fart;
the more you fart, the better you feel,
so eat some beans at every meal!:rolleyes:

MOWGLI
10-28-2006, 21:33
So I'm in my tent on the JMT just north of Forester Pass this past August. My partner Jeff Brewer and I shared a tent to save weight. Up to this point we had been pretty respectful of one another in our shared space.

Well, I'm lying there finishing my book when I start to feel a little windy. It's pretty cold and windy outside because we're over 11,000' - and Jeff looked like he was sleeping. I sized up the situation. Plan A: Get out of my sleeping bag and go outside and do what I gotta do. Or... Plan B: Let it go and hope I don't wake Jeff. I listened to Jeff's breathing. It was steady and rhythmic, so I let it fly.

About a minute later Jeff stirs, rolls over and says, "What the hell smells like raw sewage?" All I could say was "Sorry dude. I thought you were asleep." :o

nchiker467
10-28-2006, 21:42
lol great thread :)

halftime
10-28-2006, 23:16
Check out this website. Its a hoot (or should I say toot)!

http://www.fart-sounds.net/

atraildreamer
10-29-2006, 00:56

Pan

Dehydrate it! :o

general
10-29-2006, 18:54
ramps will really gas up your tank

K0OPG
10-30-2006, 09:23
red hair...must be a NC thing...I was going to add that term.

Lying in bed one night with the wife and dog (bandit-blue heeler) when all of a sudden bandit farted so loudly (which he never did before) and it scared him so badly that he jumped up and ran out of the room.

Maybe he knew something we didn't, because we followed him soon afterward. Had to open the windows and it was winter!!!

Gaiter
10-30-2006, 09:49
lol, its amazing how our best friends can clear a room, I aways take my dog with me when I go home to visit my parents, and when I went back around this time last year, me and my mom went out shopping, got back found a note from my dad, that he had taken my dog for a walk (he likes her better than his dogs, she's well trained) Well little did i know that the walk included stoping at a Chilli Festival, where he let her clean the bowls!!! The whole way home i had to have the windows down, she kept on farting, oh it was sooo bad.

ps heard that term from a texan

halftime
10-30-2006, 12:27
Check out this website. Its a hoot (or should I say toot)!

http://www.fart-sounds.net/

Should have warned everyone. If you are in an open office environment when opening this link, you should have the sound muted on your computer and/or wear headphones.

TommyJohn
10-30-2006, 12:47
If you fart in the woods and no one is around to smell it, does it still stink?

jlb2012
10-30-2006, 12:51
If you light a fart in polypro briefs, do they melt?

K0OPG
10-30-2006, 13:35
TommyJohn - the answer is yes. Unless you're an officer in the military then even your s--- doesn't stink.

Hog on Ice - the answer is no. don't ask!

Just Jeff
10-30-2006, 13:44
HOI - no, but sometimes it's better if you melt them as soon as you get to a campfire.

Lobo
10-30-2006, 14:13
Farts are nothing more but methane gas created by the bacteria in your large intestine. If you don't like the stink, I suggest that you light them with a match. My fraternity would do this while sitting around in the dark in their underwear eating potato chips and drinking beer. They make a nice blue flame. CAUTION! You must wear at least underwear.

Just Jeff
10-30-2006, 14:55
CAUTION! You must wear at least underwear.

Not gonna ask how you know that.

It also depends on what you eat. Chili farts light real well. Broccoli farts not so well. But with the right mix and a good push, you combine sheer volume with flammability and...well, it's downright impressive.

Journeys of a mispent youth.

atraildreamer
10-30-2006, 15:04
lol, its amazing how our best friends can clear a room, I aways take my dog with me when I go home to visit my parents, and when I went back around this time last year, me and my mom went out shopping, got back found a note from my dad, that he had taken my dog for a walk (he likes her better than his dogs, she's well trained) Well little did i know that the walk included stoping at a Chilli Festival, where he let her clean the bowls!!! The whole way home i had to have the windows down, she kept on farting, oh it was sooo bad.

ps heard that term from a texan

I had 5 Mexican red chili peppers(the super hot type) given to me. I placed them in a bowl, on top of the microwave oven, to allow them to dry out and develop maximum potency. :eek:

Our dog managed to jump up and eat them! About 4 seconds after ingestion, the pooch proceeded to go nuts, ran into the bathroom and drank about 1/2 gallon of water from the bowl. :banana

We had to walk the dog for 1 1/2 hours before she stopped going! She then proceeded to stink out the house all night with her anal eruptions. :mad:

In retrospect, it's a funny story now, but not so enjoyable when it happened! :D

Lobo
10-30-2006, 15:27
Not gonna ask how you know that.

It also depends on what you eat. Chili farts light real well. Broccoli farts not so well. But with the right mix and a good push, you combine sheer volume with flammability and...well, it's downright impressive.

You can also light cow farts. In 1871 someone lit one in O'Leary's cowshed in Chicago and it ended up burning down the entire town!!

Footslogger
10-30-2006, 15:39
You can also light cow farts. In 1871 someone lit one in O'Leary's cowshed in Chicago and it ended up burning down the entire town!!

===================================

Yeah ...but was the cow OK ??

'Slogger

Lobo
10-30-2006, 16:01
Better than O. K.! GREAT on a crunchy roll with hot sauce and a cold beer!

Gaiter
10-30-2006, 16:17
okay i think this thread needs to be closed, when ya start talking about what farts light better, your done, way tooooo far over the line. lol

bfitz
10-30-2006, 16:32
I have a feeling this thread will run for a long long time. We may finally have found a topic more compelling than Minnesota Smith.

Lobo
10-30-2006, 16:40
Better out than in.

SteveJ
10-30-2006, 19:08
clip But with the right mix and a good push

I thought you were about to say something else!:eek:

SteveJ
10-30-2006, 19:19
I had 5 Mexican red chili peppers(the super hot type) given to me. I placed them in a bowl, on top of the microwave oven, to allow them to dry out and develop maximum potency. :eek:

Our dog managed to jump up and eat them! clip

reminds me of one of my most memorable camping stories with my sons. When the oldest was 13, we did a 10 day canoe trip in the Boundary Waters Wilderness Area, through the BSA High Adventure Camp. There were 3 adults and 4 boys in our crew. Both the other adults loved hot peppers. One grew his own, and had brought several bags of dried peppers (forget the name - but it's the pepper that you grind up to make cayenne pepper). One afternoon the kids were getting everything out to cook, and Charlie lay one of his bags of peppers by the food for the evening. My son, who does like hot stuff, grabbed one of the peppers out of the bag, popped it in his mouth, chewed down a couple of times, said, "not bad!" and grabbed another to pop in. In about 10 seconds his entire body turned red, and he began spitting, drinking water, spitting more, running around camp - would go from the water bucket to the latrine..... Our interpreter (guide) made milk from powder - he drank that - don't think it stayed down long, tho! Once we determined that he wasn't actually going to die, we laughed the entire hour (he took a walk to get away from us, so couldn't hear us...) it took for him to get back to some degree of normalcy! He declined the offer of peppers for his freeze-dried meals the rest of the week.....

longshank
10-31-2006, 09:51
I have a lab/cattle dog cross pup (4 mos.) that clears the room when he gets going. It's never just one, either. He falls aslep next to me and starts crackin' em. The worst I've EVER smelled.

Just Jeff
10-31-2006, 10:58
We had to give our chocolate lab a special diet when she was pregnant. Her farts would clear the entire downstairs - we'd go up to our bedrooms or just leave the house (doors open). No human can come close.

D'Artagnan
10-31-2006, 12:31
Remember this classic film scene?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs

Cracks me up everytime I watch it.

Footslogger
10-31-2006, 12:36
Cheech and Chong had a pretty good scene in one of their movies as I recall. They were being smuggled into a drive-in movie in the trunk of a car and someone let one fly.

What was it Cheech said ..."Fragone ...fugicapesta" ...or something to that effect.

'Slogger

Jaybird
10-31-2006, 12:49
I hiked the Long trail this past summer and I shared a shelter with a couple of guys who blew the dorrs off of the place...Has anyone any funny stories to share on this topic? How about opinions on letting lose around other hikers, be they strangers or not?

don't stand near the campfire!:D

SGT Rock
10-31-2006, 13:28
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rq-BrPhNSjY

sherrill
10-31-2006, 13:45
Slogger, it was C&C, however it was on the Los Chochinos album (vinyl, remember that?). Pedro and the Man at the Drive In.

"Fujii Capesta, oh man, my eyes are burning!"

Remember Basketball Jones?

Footslogger
10-31-2006, 13:51
Slogger, it was C&C, however it was on the Los Chochinos album (vinyl, remember that?). Pedro and the Man at the Drive In.

"Fujii Capesta, oh man, my eyes are burning!"

Remember Basketball Jones?

=================================

How could I ever forget that one ...

Oh yeah ...and then there was Officer Studanko, but that is for another thread on haircuts.

'Slogger

tha
11-11-2006, 14:17
LOL

I will have to read about it later. I have a patrol in the morning and need to get some crew rest before hitting the road in the morning.

Y'all keep up the good work.

Sarge: My full appreciation to you and all the Blazers who are now wearing the uniform or have in the past. This day is to honor you guys.

"If you can read, thank a teacher;
If you can read in English, thank a veteran".

Thanks guys/gals.

DawnTreader
11-11-2006, 14:36
anyone ever had a good motercycle fart... you know, when your sitting down, and you let er' rip, don't give yer' ass no space... sounds like a harley fire'in up... I think my personal record for this technique is about 45 seconds of continous reeking havok .... check yer' pants when your done, this is a dangerous procedure, don't want to die with dirty undies on....

Happy Vets Day, I just ripped one for our boys overseas, and at home...

SGT Rock
11-12-2006, 02:23
Sarge: My full appreciation to you and all the Blazers who are now wearing the uniform or have in the past. This day is to honor you guys.

"If you can read, thank a teacher;
If you can read in English, thank a veteran".

Thanks guys/gals.

Your welcome. Thanks for being there for us.

fishinfred
11-12-2006, 03:01
Lucky for me the first Thru HIKER I met at Long Creek Falls (03) warned me about the" BURPIN, FARTIN , SNORING, SNEEZIN SHACKS" up the trail ..........
I avoid them unless the weather forces me !
but if thats what ur into..............more power to ya !
Above ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN!
FF

copythat
11-12-2006, 20:01
1 small box of raisins, 99 cents.
1 lipton pasta side, $2.79.
an entire thread about passing gas: priceless.

Jim Adams
11-13-2006, 09:47
dehydrated onions--CAUTION: you can start forest fires lighting these farts!
geek

Newb
12-05-2007, 16:54
It's been a while since anyone resurrected a thread...I hereby grant the fart thread new life!!!!

kayak karl
12-05-2007, 17:46
When my dad stepps outside the VFW to check the weather, dont walk behind him. i know he's going to read this :)

warraghiyagey
12-05-2007, 17:49
It's been a while since anyone resurrected a thread...I hereby grant the fart thread new life!!!!
And I now hereby consign it back to oblivion. . . please.
:eek: :mad:

Footslogger
12-05-2007, 17:50
I had an uncle who raised pidgeons. He used to tell us he was going out back to "Let One Fly" ...and we always thought he meant a pidgeon.

Ah ...the innocence of youth !!

'Slogger

Thoughtful Owl
12-06-2007, 10:35
What is the instinct wives have about a fart? My wife can't hear me half the time when I'm standing right beside, but if I'm two floors removed and rip off a good one, she hears it instantly.

Stickman

BTW, liver and onions makes a pretty deadly gas, but for me the all time worst is turkey. With Thanksgiving coming up, I have to think about that one.

How about a grilled Pastrami Ruben with sauerkraut and thousiland dressing?

Whew!!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-06-2007, 10:43
I think we should move the AT because of farting in shelters (this should assure this becomes the longest fart thread ever :D)

nitewalker
12-06-2007, 10:43
my dad and i used to hike and evertime we went we would talk about most anything. he always led the way and everytime we were done the days hike he would always say to me your a fart smeller. naive as i was i thought he was just being funny and calling me a smart fella.. "now i understand"...i guess i was the butt of his joke.........