PDA

View Full Version : Billville gets polled (OUCH!)!

Jester2000
10-29-2006, 12:34
As always happens, the question "what is Billville" came up a number of times at the Gathering. Then again, so did that Subway footlong tuna sub.

TJ aka Teej
10-29-2006, 12:56
No 'all of the above'?
:D

max patch
10-29-2006, 13:04
none of the above

Jester2000
10-29-2006, 13:13
No 'all of the above'?

Was thinking of including that, but realized Billville is no place for the wishy-washy.

There's a certain amount of wishy going on, but very little washy.

Gaiter
10-29-2006, 14:16
so umm, for those of us who don't know, what is billville, i've seen it mentioned several times but couldn't ever find an answer as to what it is?

Jester2000
10-29-2006, 15:04
So far it appears to be the best cheese-flavored spread ever.

Sly
10-29-2006, 16:56
It's totally frickin' awesome and then some!

Topcat
10-29-2006, 17:01
mmmmmmm.....cheeeeesssseeeeee

VictoriaM
10-29-2006, 17:09
Never eat anything made with mayo at Subway. Tuna, seafood salad, what have you. I used to manage one, so trust me on this.

freefall
10-29-2006, 18:14
Never eat anything made with mayo at Subway. Tuna, seafood salad, what have you. I used to manage one, so trust me on this.

:eek:Guess there goes my foot long BMT w/ everything.

Jester2000
10-29-2006, 18:19
Never eat anything made with mayo . . . Tuna, seafood salad, what have you.

I will brook no anti-mayo slander in the comment section of this very important poll!

thickredhair -- don't know if this'll work, but a fairly accurate, though outdated, description of Billville can be found here:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8920&highlight=Billville

Anyway, if it doesn't work, just go to advanced search here on WB and keyword "Billville." "Don't Flame Me, But What Is Billville?" is what to look for (try to not look for the photo of me with the bra).

Red Hat
10-29-2006, 18:23
ThickRedHair, Billville is a group of hikers/hikertrash that "get it". Not sure where or when it started, but somehow a bunch of guys showed up with matching advertising T-shirts from some business that had "Bill" or "Billville" on them. The rest is history.

Jester2000
10-29-2006, 18:26
Billville is a group of hikers/hikertrash that "get it".

Some of us get it more than others.

Sly
10-29-2006, 18:37

It's been awhile since I got it. :(;):D:p

VictoriaM
10-29-2006, 18:44
:eek:Guess there goes my foot long BMT w/ everything.

No, your BMT is safe. Just no chicken/tuna/seafood salad or anything of that sort that is made by mixing the ingredients with mayo.

Lone Wolf
10-29-2006, 18:51

some been known to put out.

Sly
10-29-2006, 18:52
No, your BMT is safe. Just no chicken/tuna/seafood salad or anything of that sort that is made by mixing the ingredients with mayo.

I can only guess. :mad:

Sly
10-29-2006, 18:52
some been known to put out.

And then complain about it later!

Wonder
10-29-2006, 19:00
I think that the dome tent may be seen visible from outer space......

StarLyte
10-29-2006, 19:49
Billville members are good people. Their pets are even better (Otto's dog and Rio), and their moms are exceptional ;) you know who you are.

What happened to the Billville leaf blowing demonstration pics on backcountry-PaRuck03? Are they sub-albumed Chomp?

When I saw those pics, I knew I had to have me some Billville. UMMMMHUMMM :banana

Sly
10-29-2006, 19:57
I think that the dome tent may be seen visible from outer space......

Yeah, and Jester plays Truman Burbank.

Moxie00
10-29-2006, 20:00
Billville is a religion. Everyone knows there was once a Bill. No one has ever seen Bill. We know he lived because his shirts live. Billville was founded in Damascus by six deciples of Bill who wore his shirts and said"Verially unto Bill" and crap like that. We can only stand in awe and someday wait for the return of Bill. Many worshipers of Bill communicate to him through his spiritual leader here on earth, Pope Jester or if you prefer Saint Jester. Until Bill returns and walks the earth among us we can only look to Pope Jester for guidance to follow the proper path to salvation. All followers of Billville know that a better life awaits us when we can sit at the right hand of Bill. While we are in this life we can look to his son Jester for salvation.

MOWGLI
10-29-2006, 20:26
Billville is a religion. Everyone knows there was once a Bill. No one has ever seen Bill.

Bill W? Is that who we're talking about?

Jester2000
10-29-2006, 20:47
Bill W? Is that who we're talking about?

Are you trying to bait me?
To quote from the Blue Book:
"So, Billville is a bunch of hikers who are in AA?"
"Oh, you are so off the mark."

StarLyte
10-29-2006, 20:50
Well, is Mowgli that clever?........yep.

Jester2000
10-29-2006, 21:07
How come there are over 300 views of the poll but only 30 votes? Should there have been more choices? What would they be?

fishinfred
10-29-2006, 22:22
Best spread out there ! I love the big orange dome container it comes in !
Fishinfred

bfitz
10-29-2006, 22:33
I'm pretty sure I can make out the big white thing from up here.

Rancid
10-29-2006, 22:41
I have a Billville bumper sticker, BVL, on the back of my van and twice I've been asked " how did you like Little Rock?" ??? Must be another Billville !!

Disney
10-30-2006, 03:14
Here's another poll option. Completely unaware of what anyone is doing at all times.

Or

Animals, Vegetables, and minerals.

Advance Scouts for the new hiker based Oligopoly (viva la revolution)

I can relate Rancid's bumper sticker confusion. I myself have a BSR sticker which draws alot of questions and strange looks in the real world.

SGT Rock
10-30-2006, 06:52
You forgot:

Innovative new gear manufacturer soon to an outfitter near you.

and

Still trying to figure out how to make copies of their trail guide

Two Speed
10-30-2006, 07:08
Yeah, Sarge, but have you seen some of those new copiers these days? The other day I tried to make a copy of a one page memo and almost got fired when that loco piece of crap e-mailed the religous works of the world to the County commissioners and their staff. I think the works themselves would have been OK but some of the commentary in the annotations was pretty nasty stuff. :eek:

Anyway, I've been banned from the copy room and my restroom priveleges have been severely curtailed. I suspect Billville may have had something to do with this. :-?

SGT Rock
10-30-2006, 07:37
Well if you have seen the billville hiker guide, they will first have to perfect human cloning before they can start selling the editions.

mweinstone
10-30-2006, 08:01
wonder, the lady in your avatar looks like you.

Blister
10-30-2006, 08:35
Lets see how many "Bill's" we are surrounded with and didn't really notice:

Theres the Bills that come in the mail - (they are the Evil Bill's)
The Bill of Rights
The $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 dollar Bill's (Anything bigger doesn't belong to our class of Trash)
A Bill of Sale
I could keep going and going with a Billion more examples......
:dance :dance :dance

Sly
10-30-2006, 08:42
Here's a question that came up on another forum. If you're a member, are you a Billvillian or Billvillain?

Lone Wolf
10-30-2006, 08:49
Who are the original members from 2000? All others are just wannabes and associates.

The Old Fhart
10-30-2006, 08:53
Sly-"Here's a question that came up on another forum. If you're a member, are you a Billvillian or Billvillain?"I thought the real question was whether one was a member of Billville, or a member (membrum virile).;)

Blister
10-30-2006, 09:07
Let's see if I can remember....

Jester
Homegrown
Madd Hatter
Still Hippie
Moose
Frogger
Poster Nutbag (aka Professor Nutbag in '05')
(That should be it)

we havn't heard from Still Hippie, Moose or Frogger from 2000, but I am in great contact with the remainder of the Bills. If anyone has any info on the MIA's let us know, there membership is in need of renewal.

The Old Fhart
10-30-2006, 09:28
Blister-"Let's see if I can remember....

Jester
Homegrown
Madd Hatter
Still Hippie
Moose
Frogger
Poster Nutbag (aka Professor Nutbag in '05')
(That should be it)"An extremely rare photo of the original Bills (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=13666&original=1&c=6) at their public coming out appearance at the 2000 Trail Days parade has just been found! This photo was stored in an un-named federal agency's vault right between the photos of Bigfoot and the gunman on the grassy knoll. The person who took this photo is now in the federal witness protection program for fear of being "polled".

Sly
10-30-2006, 09:44
If I'm not mistaken Hickory was an original Bill, but some **** went down and he gave up his shirt to another.

Lone Wolf
10-30-2006, 09:49
Hobocentral started in 1993. There were about 10 original members but Sawman, Gecko Goat and myself are the only active "members" in recent years.

The Old Fhart
10-30-2006, 10:04
Blister-"Let's see if I can remember...."A second rare photo of the original Bills has been discovered! This photo (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=13667&original=1&c=512) shows Blister smoozing with the Bills and trying to hide behind the man in the black "Trash Tour 2000" shirt.

Wonder
10-30-2006, 10:47
wonder, the lady in your avatar looks like you.

Minus the skirt, bandana and knee braces...........:sun

warren doyle
10-30-2006, 14:39
Fortunately, there are no 'Billvilles' in the contradance subculture.

Lone Wolf
10-30-2006, 14:41
Doh!:eek: :D

bfitz
10-30-2006, 14:51
I'm trying to imagine the "contra-dance subculture". I wonder if it's anything like the Amish rave-party subculture. Because I've heard those guys are a lot of fun!

The Old Fhart
10-30-2006, 14:52
Warren Doyle-"Fortunately, there are no 'Billvilles' in the contradance subculture."Fortunately, there is no 'contradance subculture' in Billville! :D

chomp
10-30-2006, 15:01

Is that a challange? Because I think you said just about the exact same thing in reference to ALDHA a few years ago. And we all know how that turned out for you.

MOWGLI
10-30-2006, 15:04
Why don't Billvillians Contra Dance? Is being a wallflower a prereq for admission into Billville?

Lone Wolf
10-30-2006, 15:05
Why don't Billvillians Contra Dance? Is being a wallflower a prereq for admission into Billville?

They don't cuz Warren DOES.

The Old Fhart
10-30-2006, 15:07
MOWGLI16-"Why don't Billvillians Contra Dance? Is being a wallflower a prereq for admission into Billville?"No, Its because of our accent when calling the dance, no one can understand our contra diction. ;)

Lone Wolf
10-30-2006, 15:13
No, Its because of our accent when calling the dance, no one can understand our contra diction. ;)

dat's some funny chit right there!:D

MOWGLI
10-30-2006, 15:22
No, Its because of our accent when calling the dance, no one can understand our contra diction. ;)

Say again? :-?

And by the way. What exactly does Pepperidge Farm Remember?

Disney
10-30-2006, 15:37
Well if you have seen the billville hiker guide, they will first have to perfect human cloning before they can start selling the editions.

When it first debuted, we were told a lighter model was in the works. No word yet on the success of that particular endeavor.

The Old Fhart
10-30-2006, 15:37
MOWGLI16-"Say again?"No, Its because of our accent when calling the dance, no one can understand our contra diction. ;)

You did ask.

Wonder
10-30-2006, 17:53
I'm Billville, and I line dance......... and,(gulp) I've been to square dances.....do I get kicked out now?

Jimmers
10-30-2006, 18:29
Oh no, you don't get out that easy. As far as I'm aware Billville is like being Catholic. NOBODY leaves. Besides, square dancing isn't nearly as offensive.;)

And on another note, whoever referred to Jester as "Saint Jester" is using the term rather loosely. I know, I used to work with him!:)

Jack Tarlin
10-30-2006, 18:33
Actually, Mowgli, being a wallflower has nothing to do with the Billvillian non-prediliction against contra dancing.

Nor does it have anything to do with the long-felt suspicion by some of our more conservative members that in supporting "Contra" dancing and Contras, we would be expressing solidarity with Commie Nicaraguan peasants, who ain't really our cup of tea. The Contras, of course, are now in history's dustbin, so perhaps our concern over the company we kept was not incorrect.

No, it's actually something else: You see, contra dances frequently occur at great distances from where Billville is located; we also like to travel together which would require a larger vehicle than most of us posess.

It would appear then, that owning, or travelling consistently with a van or helpful car support might encourage more contra-dancing by Billvillians, but at present that isn't quite our style, either on the Trail or off of it.

However, being open minded people, that may someday change.

In the meantime, best wishes to the contra dancers, one and all.

The Old Fhart
10-30-2006, 18:33
Jimmers-"I know, I used to work with him!:)"Our heartfelt condolences go out to you!;)

MOWGLI
10-30-2006, 18:57
Actually, Mowgli, being a wallflower has nothing to do with the Billvillian non-prediliction against contra dancing.

Tell us the truth Jack. You just don't like holding a woman in your arms. Isn't that true? ;)

Now, promenade!

Jack Tarlin
10-30-2006, 19:06
Especially if she happens to be a Yankee, fan, Mowgli.

Those gals carry stuff that scares the bejeezus outta pencillin. There ain't enough hand sanitizer in the world to do the job once you've torn up the floor with one of them.

I hear they catch it from their menfolk, Mowgli. Any truth to it? :-?

In any case, yet one more reason to avoid Contra dances!!

MOWGLI
10-30-2006, 19:16
Ha! I'd still rather hike (and Contra Dance) with Basement Bertha over Ann Coulter any day!

Jack Tarlin
10-30-2006, 19:50
Which only proves what I just said about Yankee fans and their womenfolk!

Actually, Mowgli, Ms. Coulter engages in quite a lot of indoor and outdoor athletic activities that you might be interested in.

Don't rule anything out.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-coultershooting.htm

Just be careful to stay back of the firing line.

WalkinHome
10-30-2006, 20:46
On a saner note, Moxie had it pretty good but left out our house of worship is the Doyle Hotel in Duncannon and Pat and Vicky are our spiritual guides when Billville is in the house. BTW, Lone Wolf, when Billville started it was as you say, a small list but it has morphed into a state of mind or concept of a bunch of us riding on Jester's coat tails and having fun with old, current and future hikers.

Two Speed
10-30-2006, 20:59
Well if you have seen the billville hiker guide, they will first have to perfect human cloning before they can start selling the editions.I just may be able to help here. After that last episode with that gee-whiz double clutching piece of crap copier I could have sworn I saw myself going around a corner. :D

SGT Rock
10-31-2006, 06:49
Which only proves what I just said about Yankee fans and their womenfolk!

Actually, Mowgli, Ms. Coulter engages in quite a lot of indoor and outdoor athletic activities that you might be interested in.

Don't rule anything out.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-coultershooting.htm

Just be careful to stay back of the firing line.

Her feet are too close together, she isn't holding her arms right, and she needs eye protection.

Actually it looks fake. The shadows on her head are wrong. My guess is she actually can shoot.

Blister
10-31-2006, 10:18

Why be such a jerk? Any respect I have had remaining for you is beginning to dwindle, oops I just checked, no - ALL the respect is gone, sorry. You have offended more than just your usual rivals here.
Hail to Billville! At least our organization has a sense of humor and an open mind.

Lone Wolf
10-31-2006, 10:21
How many hundreds of times have folks slammed Warren on here about contra dancing, etc. and he says one little comment about Billville and you get all serious about it? :)

SGT Rock
10-31-2006, 10:42
Yes. I mean their are no Billvillians in the Army that I know of either. We get along fine. Unless I got an honorary membership ;) I do have the t-shirt LOL.

The Old Fhart
10-31-2006, 10:59
Lone Wolf-"How many hundreds of times have folks slammed Warren on here about contra dancing........"You seem to be confused, slam dancing is a far different style of dancing than contra dancing. Somehow I just can't picture Warren in a mosh pit.:D

Blister
10-31-2006, 11:19
Yes. I mean their are no Billvillians in the Army that I know of either. We get along fine. Unless I got an honorary membership ;) I do have the t-shirt LOL.

Actually there is a Billvillian enlisted in the army, currently training other future recruits down south as a drill sergant. We arn't stupid here at Billville, we'll have our own army in place before you know it.......;)

Jack Tarlin
10-31-2006, 16:28
And don't forget our own "Walkin Home" either.

Lots of our friends have served in uniform, and no matter what John Kerry thinks, they didn't do it because they were stupid, either!

And yeah, Rock, you do indeed have an honorary membership, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it!

MOWGLI
10-31-2006, 16:37
I think my father was an original member of Billville back during the Korean conflict. He injured himself at an Air Base in New Mexico. He cut his thumb opening a can of beer - and needed stiches.

The next year he was shot by a bowhunter (in the arm) while hunting deer in Maine. Despite the fact that my father wore blaze orange, the guy who shot him said, "Sorry, I thought you were a deer." No doubt the guy who shot my Dad was an original Billvillian.

True story... When the cop & ambulance came to investigate the shooting, the cop asked my Fathers name. My Dad responded "A Hunter." The cop asked him again, and my Dad again responded, "A Hunter." By now the cop was annoyed, and asked my father his name again. He replied, "I'm trying to tell you - A Hunter. The A stands for Alan." :D

That's my Old Man for ya!

bfitz
10-31-2006, 17:48
Lots of our friends have served in uniform, and no matter what John Kerry thinks, they didn't do it because they were stupid, either!He said "uneducated", not stupid. Of course he is well educated and stupid.

Jester2000
10-31-2006, 22:45
So now that at this moment "Frickin' Awesome" has overtaken "Best cheese-flavored spread ever" in the poll I thought I'd post a thought or two.

First, original Bills:
Jester, Madhatter, Drifter, Still Hippie, Moose, Poster (aka Poster Nutbag, aka Professor), Homegrown, and Raindog. Hickory was, in fact, an original Bill, but gave up his shirt to Homegrown after busting his ankle and getting off the trail.

I am compiling a current list of Billville citizens, and Rock is on the list whether he wants to be or not, because, well, we like him too much.

Both Billvillian AND Billvillain are correct, depending on what we're doing. "Billvilles," a common but incorrect name, suggests that there is more than one Billville, which there is not (except for the one in Indiana).

As for whether being in Billville requires that one be a wallflower, and this other comment:

I will say this:
Have, over my lifetime, learned, participated in, and (occasionally and informally) taught:
CONTRA, ceili, square dance, two-step, all forms of ballroom including latin dances, swing (west, east, and lindy) and the hokey-pokey.
Father was an All-Ireland Champion dancer and Mother was an Irish step dance teacher, so maybe it's in the blood.

Which, I think, tells me three things:
Just because you don't SEE it happening, doesn't mean it's not there. AND
Sometimes intelligent people appear foolish when they pretend to know more about something than they actually do. AND
Baptists discourage premarital sex because it might lead to dancing.

P.S. to Lone Wolf: There's very little that I take seriously.

bfitz
11-01-2006, 04:04
I will say this:
Have, over my lifetime, learned, participated in, and (occasionally and informally) taught:
CONTRA, ceili, square dance, two-step, all forms of ballroom including latin dances, swing (west, east, and lindy) and the hokey-pokey.

Why am I not surprised?

chomp
11-01-2006, 09:33
I am compiling a current list of Billville citizens, and Rock is on the list whether he wants to be or not, because, well, we like him too much.

See, this is why I vote democrat. Damn government agencies tracking me, putting me on lists...

Jester2000
11-01-2006, 22:45
See, this is why I vote democrat. Damn government agencies tracking me, putting me on lists...

It's for the official Billville census, which takes place every six years, six months, and six days. Which is just sort of an accident of timing and has nothing to do with satanism, or it's close relative, the "contradance subculture."

Jester2000
11-01-2006, 22:47
Why am I not surprised?

'Cause you're one of the few people I know whom I can imagine never being surprised, ever?

Jester2000
11-01-2006, 22:52
I think my father was an original member of Billville back during the Korean conflict. He injured himself at an Air Base in New Mexico. He cut his thumb opening a can of beer - and needed stiches.

The next year he was shot by a bowhunter (in the arm) while hunting deer in Maine. Despite the fact that my father wore blaze orange, the guy who shot him said, "Sorry, I thought you were a deer." No doubt the guy who shot my Dad was an original Billvillian.

True story... When the cop & ambulance came to investigate the shooting, the cop asked my Fathers name. My Dad responded "A Hunter." The cop asked him again, and my Dad again responded, "A Hunter." By now the cop was annoyed, and asked my father his name again. He replied, "I'm trying to tell you - A Hunter. The A stands for Alan." :D

That's my Old Man for ya!

Sounds like a Billvillain to me.

And by the by to Blister: I think you may have been thinking of Monsterfrog as a Bill. While a close FOB, he never wore the shirt, and didn't go completely nuts until we shaved his head into a Mohawk for your run into Damascus from Kincora. He was Army, though, and by his own admission, the worst scout ever.

Jimmers
11-02-2006, 02:57
Perhaps this is just the Democrat in me, but has anyone else been slightly disturbed that in third place is "available for children's parties?" Not to say that the kids wouldn't have a grand ole time, but the parents might be just a wee bit traumatized. (unless of course they're hikers):banana

RAT
11-02-2006, 03:07
My kids have been around Billville since its conception and they are ok ! huh uh huh uh huh uh huh lol

RAT

Blister
11-02-2006, 10:28
My kids have been around Billville since its conception and they are ok ! huh uh huh uh huh uh huh lol

RAT

Considering their history started around the blue blazers aka hobocentral, I do not think Billville can do anything to shock those youngsters! Hey, we all are good people deep down no matter what we look like or call ourselves. Luv ya Brotha!