PDA

View Full Version : New member

Tramper Al
05-10-2003, 10:00
Hey there:
My primary hiking goal is to section hike the AT northbound in New England from the NY/CT line to Baxter Peak. To date, I have completed 381 of 733 miles. My remaining miles are all of CT, VT from just south of Killington to Norwich, the NH Mahoosucs, and ME from Saddleback north. My next section hike (ME) will be in early June.
Along the way, I have done some peakbagging (in progress NH 4K Winter, 100 Highest, NE County highpoints), and some other trails (NH Wapack, MA MST and RI NST (not complete yet)).
I am a white blaze purist and insist on hiking all on trail (and near trail) peaks first on my AT route. So, I have been to Katahdin, but won't summit Baxter until all 733 miles are done.
Anyway, I am glad I have found this site as it seems to be a great resource for information and advice.

Sparky!
05-10-2003, 16:18
Welcome Tramper Al, You will find a lot of interesting folks here with lots of good information to share. Welcome to the campfire!

Spark

MedicineMan
05-11-2003, 02:09
You have truly found an AT home. Welcome.

DebW
05-11-2003, 14:52
Tramper Al, I've seen your posts on VFTT (that's Views from the Top, for you non-New Englanders). You're sure an active hiker. Glad to have you aboard here.

Tramper Al
05-11-2003, 15:04
Hey, thanks for the welcome.
I find that very few in the VFTT crowd really have the white blaze fever, so I am looking forward to comparing notes with folks here. Here in New England, in addition to our AT sections, we have several other (shorter) long distance trails, ranging from like 20 to 280 miles, so some people do get quite interested in those as well.