PDA

View Full Version : Miss Janet's Turkey Day

spittinpigeon
10-30-2006, 11:41
Myself, and possibly a couple other hikers will be in southern VA around Thanksgiving. Anybody passing through with room in their vehicle, and some air fresheners?

Lone Wolf
10-30-2006, 11:43
I live in Damascus. I might be going. Depends if I get an invite. Check back when turkey day gets closer.

DawnTreader
10-30-2006, 11:45
Sup Beater....Hows the hike going????
I envy you from my computer desk.....hehehe
any Buddah sightings? lost contact with him in New Jersy..

spittinpigeon
10-30-2006, 11:52
I've been hiking with Buddha for a couple of weeks now. A few of us stopped at Bear's Den Hostel to check it out upon suggestion, but Buddha moved on, his loss. We cut the day short on account of this place being so nice. We're all meetin up in Front Royal on Halloween anyway, so when I catch him I'll tell him to email you.

DawnTreader
10-30-2006, 12:07
Thanks beater ..
again, happy hiking and take care of yourself... I'm pullin' for you guys
PEACE
Dude

Miss Janet
10-30-2006, 21:57
I thought you knew it was a standing invitation... silly Wolf! You and Gypsy are family.

It looks like it will be a record setting number of guests this Thanksgiving. There will be lots of SoBo's in the area and I have already heard from several "alumni" that they will be coming... some with thier families. Everyone just brings a fav dish to share and this year we will have plenty of inside room for the meal thanks to the Methodist Church next door.

I am really looking forward to our Thanksgiving celebration very much this year. It has been a very busy year with lots of wonderful people and plenty to be thankful for. But it has been a personally very difficult summer and fall. I am looking forward to seeing lots of friendly smiling faces. Let me know if any of you want to join us.

Lone Wolf
10-31-2006, 08:17
Yes I know we are always welcome.:) Just joshin' you. Gypsy is going to her family and I'll come to yours.

mweinstone
10-31-2006, 08:26
did someone mention my name? sorry,....thaught i heard , " hey matthewski, turkys on!" must have been, " hay, my horse needs hay!pile it on." hay , turkey,.. its all good. ill eat most grasses.

TOW
10-31-2006, 16:00
Yes I know we are always welcome.:) Just joshin' you. Gypsy is going to her family and I'll come to yours.
Am I invited?

StarLyte
11-03-2006, 20:32
Okay, here's the scoop........I'm looking to car pool to Janet's for Thanksgiving, me driving of course :D

I'm leaving OUT of Harpers Ferry on Tuesday morning November 21, let's say around 11:00 a.m., Erwin is about 7 hours. Ten hours if you want to stop at Dots first :)

Then I am LEAVING Erwin on Saturday morning around noon, November 25th to RETURN to Harpers Ferry.

There is space for 4 people. One front seat, 3 in the back of a Jeep Liberty.

Yes, you help pay gas. Whatever you can pitch in.

Wanna take a ride ?

Contact me at: [email protected]