PDA

View Full Version : these guys are NO Outfitters!

Jaybird
10-31-2006, 13:08
OKAY, i'm normally a patient person.....i've given these guys almost a year to make an order right...& they havent stood by their WORD (even after several attempts to talk to them & a friend of theirs, a WB member)..the Outfitters @ HF are just NOT very good @ dealing with orders...

the problem: i ordered a Shirt from O@HF & have talked to them several times to get satisfaction....NO RESULTS!

SPREAD THE WORD!

If U order from OHF U might not get the goods!

BUYER BEWARE!

Almost There
10-31-2006, 13:25
:eek: UH-OH!!! HERE WE GO!!!

I did order from them as well, the order came wrong based on what was advertised on ebay, but after an email, they sent the correct item asap, so personally I can't complain.

Tabasco
10-31-2006, 13:28
I just like the fact that their WB ad states the "The Oufitters 10!"

*** is an " oufitter " ?

RockyTrail
10-31-2006, 13:33
Oklahoma University Fitter?

Jaybird
10-31-2006, 13:44
I just like the fact that their WB ad states the "The Oufitters 10!"*** is an " oufitter " ?

Yea.....& i notice their LINK was DOWN half of the day.......

problems????

Just Jeff
10-31-2006, 14:47
I bought my Speed pack from them on eBay a few years ago. They sent me the wrong color. They offered to exchange it but I didn't bother.

Jack Tarlin
10-31-2006, 16:19
Spread the word?

The word, Jaybird, is these folks have been in business for a decade, and have a terrific reputation.

They are, in fact, universally recognized as being one of the three or four best, most thru-hiker friendly stores on the Trail.

In the course of dealing with thousands of customers over the years, it's inevitable that there will be someone who's unhappy with the level of service they received.

I'm sorry you evidently had problems getting a tee shirt.

But to imply that these folks are no good or that we need to "spread the word" about them is a ridiculous thing to suggest. If these people were no good, then the long-distance hiking community would've known about this a decade ago.

P.S. If you're going to go on a public Internet forum and try to get people to boycott a business, you might want to put your real name on your complaint, unless you want to look like a complete candyass. Laura Wright at the Outfitters in Harpers Ferry is one of the finest people I know, and she deserves better than this. I'm sorry your T-shirt is late, but going on the Internet and telling people not to do business with these folks is a really chicken**** thing to do. Laura and Ron have helped more hikers in any given season than you've done in your entire life.

If the biggest problem in your life is that your T-shirt is late, well you've actually got it pretty easy.

Smile
10-31-2006, 16:53
The word, Jaybird, is these folks have been in business for a decade, and have a terrific reputation.
They are, in fact, universally recognized as being one of the three or four best, most thru-hiker friendly stores on the Trail.

Actually, their reputation is per each individual and as far as "universal", ???
I have supported their business several times. Had one great experience, and one bad experience in getting a refund for product never sent to me. Just because a business is around a long time doesn't mean they have great customer service.

So Jaybird is a bit upset with his service, no harm in sharing that with the board regardless of the size of his expenditure.

Hope you both have a beautiful day ;)

The Weasel
10-31-2006, 17:15
Well, I think Jack may have gone a bit over-the-top here. Jay's plaint is that after most of a year, and several contacts, he hasn't gotten what he (presumably) paid for. That's the kind of information about a mail order operation I don't mind knowing, and "spreading the word" about lax sales practices isn't exactly calling for a "boycott;" if it were, Consumers Reports would be in a world of pain. So Jay, thanks for the info. And thank you, others, for your stories, too; sounds as if Jay wasn't alone totally. As for them being one of the best 3 stores on the trail, well, let's see: If Walasi-Yi and MRO are beloved enough to be two of them, does that mean there is no top outfitter (or oufitter, as the case may be) north of Virginia? Oh, woe!

By the way, I don't think you're particularly "chicken****," Mr. Swafford. And I don't mind that it took me about 8 seconds to get your name by looking at your profile, but that led me to take another 9 seconds to see what you look like, too. If that's your wife in the pictures, you're luckier than she is! So don't bother signing future posts, since now Jack can see how to get someone's name.

Glad you're thick skinned. Or at least your profile says you are!

The Weasel

Newb
10-31-2006, 17:18
I have dealt with the HF outfitters on several occassions. I always look forward to visiting their store when I go to Harpers Ferry and have never had a complaint about their service. Their store is an oasis for thru hikers and I always find a good deal on something when I'm there. I like them. The store has a spring flowing thru it for God's sake.

Lone Wolf
10-31-2006, 17:25
Some folks can do absolutely no wrong in Jack's eyes.

Phreak
10-31-2006, 17:29

Amen to that.

Jack Tarlin
10-31-2006, 17:29
Actually, Wolf, that's simply not true.

But I think going on the Internet to "spread the word" about a business that has compiled a really great reputation with hikers over the years is simply over the top.

These are really good people that Jaybird is slamming.

If he's had a problem with his order, I sympathize, but to villify and condemn a fine business run by fine people seems to more than what is called for.

The vast majority of folks who do business with the Outfitter at Harpers Ferry speak of them in glowing terms, and with good reason.

Ewker
10-31-2006, 17:31
being treated bad or unfairly travels faster than being treated good by an outfitter!!

Peaks
10-31-2006, 17:33
If Walasi-Yi and MRO are beloved enough to be two of them, does that mean there is no top outfitter (or oufitter, as the case may be) north of Virginia? Oh, woe!

The Weasel

Rest assured there are plenty of good outfitters north of the Mason-Dixon line. However, I don't recall any within sight of the AT like MRO, Mountain Crossings, and O@HF are.

Lone Wolf
10-31-2006, 17:34
Bluff Mtn. Outfitter.

the goat
10-31-2006, 17:42
laura & ron are two of the finest people i've met on the entire trail, let alone being my favorite outfitter. great service from two great people, who have bent over backwards to accomodate, not only me, but hundreds of thru-hikers every season. thanks to ron & laura for all you do!!!

MOWGLI
10-31-2006, 17:44
He said "shirt" Jack, not t-shirt. Do you have some knowledge we don't have? Some shirts can be quite expensive.

Lone Wolf
10-31-2006, 17:48
Well Jack if you're great friends with them, then give them a call and make them aware of this thread. Jaybird is a good guy too. Obviously there's a communication problem between buyer and seller.

The Weasel
10-31-2006, 17:49
Rest assured there are plenty of good outfitters north of the Mason-Dixon line. However, I don't recall any within sight of the AT like MRO, Mountain Crossings, and O@HF are.

Bill Irwin is the only thru-hiker I have ever heard of who might say that Walasi-Yi isn't "within sight of the AT." But then....

The Weasel

Frosty
10-31-2006, 17:55
I think it is a good thing for people to be able to talk about their good experiences and bad here on WB. We do it in person when we meet and the talk comes around to buying gear, don't we?

We all have different experiences, even good businesses make mistakes and bad businesses sometimes are very nice to deal with. The key (in my opinion) is for everyone to share their experiences and let the results sort themselves out.

If one guy complains all the time and never stops yapping and carping about everything under the sun, then people will just naturally tune him out. But I don't think Jaybird is this sort. He had a bad experience and I think it is a good thing for him to say so. Others may have had different experiences, but his is still valid.

As someone already said, each of us has our own experiences with places, and they are our experiences.

Lilred
10-31-2006, 18:47
OKAY, i'm normally a patient person.....i've given these guys almost a year to make an order right...& they havent stood by their WORD (even after several attempts to talk to them & a friend of theirs, a WB member)..the Outfitters @ HF are just NOT very good @ dealing with orders...

the problem: i ordered a Shirt from O@HF & have talked to them several times to get satisfaction....NO RESULTS!

SPREAD THE WORD!

If U order from OHF U might not get the goods!

BUYER BEWARE!

Umm I sure don't see this outfitter being 'villified'. What I see is a situation being reported to people who just might be interested. My husband has had two bad experiences with ordering things from Sam Ash. Did he tell other musicians about the problem? You bet he did, cause other musicians would want to know. Same thing here. I appreciate the heads up Jaybird. I don't know these folks from Adam and Eve, but something is amiss if it takes a year and still no shirt. I'm sure they're fine people like Jack says and I don't doubt they've helped 1000's of thru-hikers, but something is amiss if it takes a year and still no shirt.

Just Jeff
10-31-2006, 18:52
I don't know these folks from Adam and Eve

You can probably tell by the clothes.

Jaybird, if you've let this go on for a year you have a LOT more patience than I have. Did you bluntly ask for a refund?

khaynie
10-31-2006, 19:01
[quote=Just Jeff;264105]You can probably tell by the clothes.
[quote]

That, and neither one of them had belly buttons...:-?

Just Jeff
10-31-2006, 19:08
But ironically, they both had great haircuts.

khaynie
10-31-2006, 19:11
Very stylish indeed.

Topcat
10-31-2006, 19:32
ok, so here is the deal. In College, you get an 'A' for getting it right 99% of the time. In business you get 99 'A's and 1 'F' for the same results. The opportunity for error increases with every step you introduce into a business process. Because of this, mail is harder than in store.

Lets say there is a 10 step business process. If i told you that the business did each one of those steps successfully 95% of the time would that be good enough for non life or death decisions? Most people would say yes. In fact though with that process and those results a customer will get through the process with no problems only 59% of the time. That means with those processes, 4 customers out of 10 will have a dissappointing experience.

Add to that Murphy's law that when something goes bad with a customer, it will keep going bad and you get situations like this. Hopefully, Jay can get it worked out with O @ HF. I love their store and feel they provide a good service, but mistakes can happen in any business.

A-Train
11-01-2006, 00:28
I work in an outfitter and we mess up from time to time. Ok, well more frequently than that. There are over 20 employees and it's a busy place in the heart of lower Manhattan. Sometimes things aren't shipped on time. Sometimes things get overlooked for a couple days. Sometimes misinformation is given by an employee. Things happen. The real test is how the shop, or business reacts. Do they refund your money? Apologize and throw in a free shirt or gift certificate? Do they do their best to make things right and speed up the process? People are entitled to making mistakes, it happens to all. To me it's how the business reacts and what they do to mitigate the problem or ensure it won't happen in the future, that is important. Sounds like these guys didn't do that, if this lasted for a year. But then again, I don't know the full story. Sounds fishy.

Jester2000
11-01-2006, 01:04
Well, I know I'll never shop there!

'Cause you live in Boston?
Have had many great experiences with the Outfitter at Harper's Ferry, regardless of how they spell their name (and for anyone on this site to mock spelling is, well. . .).

Always stop there if I'm in the neighborhood (as I did on my way back from the Gathering), and usually find something I want.

Admittedly, I've never ordered anything from them to be shipped. But then again, there are two sides to every story, and I've heard one.
Having worked retail, I can't tell you how many times I've heard customers tell a manager that I was rude to them, cursed at them, blah, blah, blah, and that they were shocked at the treatment they had received, and weren't going to shop at my store again. Many times it was because I, for example, wouldn't stop helping a customer on the phone in order to listen to them. Their perception was that I wasn't paying atttention to them. And then they started making crap up, because they were angry at me.

So I've heard one side of the story. Thank God none of my managers made Boston-like snap decisions and decided to can me.

Always had a great experience there. Now I'm done.

ShakeyLeggs
11-01-2006, 03:34
I ordered from them once. But will order again if they have what I need at the price I am willing to pay.

I was just starting to order thru Ebay and was a bit leery. So I wanted to test the waters by ordering something small and inexpensive. And was not really up to speed on how the bidding thing worked. So I bid on a Nalgene from them. Which I won. I never did receive it so I emailed them. Within 2 days the replacement was sitting on my kitchen table. Only one problem I have with it is that it is the new fugly green. I still have my firefly yellow one from 2001 which I really really like. Plus they included a bunch of stickers with the Nalgene. So yes I will order from them again and almost did they had a pack which included hiking poles for a dirt cheap price but seeing as I have my Leki's and decided to spend an ungodly amount of money for an Osprey I did not order that pack.

Mountain Dew
11-01-2006, 04:03
Well, I know I'll never shop there!

You shopping there is akin to me buying a space suit from NASA ... ;)

Jaybird... I'm sorry to hear that your experience with them wasn't a good one. I'm sure there is another side to this story as well. ALL of my experiences with Ron and Laura aka Chore Boy and Cootie Queen have been good ones. They are two of the nicest, most intelligent, and giving people on the entire A.T. This is the first time I've ever heard of a complaint about them. There is a reason why so many people list them near the top when they talk about the best outfitters on the entire A.T. you know....

BlackCloud
11-01-2006, 11:41
No complaints here about the O@HF. Always very friendly when I stop in.....

Lone Wolf
11-01-2006, 14:25
You shopping there is akin to me buying a space suit from NASA ... ;)

Jaybird... I'm sorry to hear that your experience with them wasn't a good one. I'm sure there is another side to this story as well. ALL of my experiences with Ron and Laura aka Chore Boy and Cootie Queen have been good ones. They are two of the nicest, most intelligent, and giving people on the entire A.T. This is the first time I've ever heard of a complaint about them. There is a reason why so many people list them near the top when they talk about the best outfitters on the entire A.T. you know....

So Dew, explain to me the PM you sent me asking "why I feel a need to take a cheap shot at someone I call a friend (Jack Tarlin)" I see no cheap shot in any of the 3 posts I made on this thread. You also say "I've stabbed so many friends in the back with petty inflammatory comments". That's pretty funny coming from you. Go back and check out the majority of YOUR posts.:D Back to the topic, if Ron and Laura are great friends of yours then you too should call them and make them aware of this thread. Oh, and Jack is a big boy. He doesn't need you getting his back. He sure can dish it out and he can take it.:)

Almost There
11-01-2006, 14:37
Everyone has a right to say what they want to say...and although never intentional it is easier to let internet orders slide than when a customer is in your face important. I don't know what happened but maybe it was simply a one in a hundred bad experience...either way people should be aware it can happen, and friends are more than welcome to come out and defend them. I have yet to meet them in person, but having ordered I simply put down my experience which was a quick response and solution to the problem.

I will say this, Jack, you are certainly loyal to your friends...not a bad quality in a person today....but I didn't see it as a "personal" attack, merely a heads up to a customer experience. I wouldn't worry, I don't think it will hurt their business.

StarLyte
11-01-2006, 14:39
So Dew, explain to me the PM you sent me asking "why I feel a need to take a cheap shot at someone I call a friend (Jack Tarlin)" I see no cheap shot in any of the 3 posts I made on this thread. You also say "I've stabbed so many friends in the back with petty inflammatory comments". That's pretty funny coming from you. Go back and check out the majority of YOUR posts.:D Back to the topic, if Ron and Laura are great friends of yours then you too should call them and make them aware of this thread. Oh, and Jack is a big boy. He doesn't need you getting his back. He sure can dish it out and he can take it.:)

Jack is a big boy. He can dish it out and he most definitely can take it. Got a hand it to him. I can't do that :o

You're a big boy too Lone Wolf.... and loved.

.....all right enough mushy crap...back to the thread......

Hammerhead
11-01-2006, 15:21
Like sands through and hourglass, so are the days of our lives.....

Smile
11-01-2006, 16:21
If the shirt falls off a hikers pack while he's hiking in the woods but he's moving so fast that he never hears it.....does it make a sound?

BlackCloud
11-01-2006, 16:43
Like sands through and hourglass, so are the days of our lives.....

No more peote for you....................

Philip Jones
11-01-2006, 16:52
Laura's been great to deal with the two times I've been there.

Jack Tarlin
11-01-2006, 19:39
1. Wolf, you're right. I'm pretty thick skinned and can take criticism.
2. You're wrong. Personal correspondence and messages should stay
personal. What Dew said to you privately shoud've remained private.
3. The only comment of Wolf's I object to on this thread is where he said
that some folks can do no wrong in my eyes, and this is nonsense. Every-
one makes mistakes, and there are always problems and
misunderstandings. This is why I agree with Jester. I've also worked in
retail (including Outdoor Retail) and you can never make everyone happy.
I'm very sorry Jaybird, who is a fine person, had a problem getting his
order filled. I have no idea why this happened. All I was saying is that it
seems extreme to go on the Internet and blast a business that has been
taking care of hikers for a decade, has enjoyed a sterling reputation, and
is considered to be one of the premier Outfitters on the Trail. (And Geez,
this doesn't begin to include feeding or crashing out hundreds of thru-
hikers over the years, many of whom didn't spend ten cents in the their
store).
4. I hope this gets resolved soon. I.e., I hope Jaybird gets his shirt and an
explanation for the delay, and I hope people continue to patronize one of
the finest businesses on the A.T.
5. Hey, Boston. Sorry you feel this way. But somehow, I think Ron and
Laura will get by without having enjoyed the pleasure of your visiting.

Lone Wolf
11-01-2006, 19:53
2. BS. Who the frig is he to lecture me?
3. you're notorius for sticking up for people you like and relentless on folks you don't.
cheers:banana

Jack Tarlin
11-01-2006, 20:05
You know, Wolf, if I die tonight, and they say on my tombstone that I was "notorious" for always sticking up for my friends and people I like.....well, ya know what?

I can rest easy with that.

I could be guilty of lots worse.

In truth, I think it's one of the things I'm proudest of.

And I'm sure you'll understand if I tell you that ain't about to change.

Are you familiar with the phrase "Amicus semper fidelis?"

Something tells me, you've heard most of this phrase before.

The "amicus" means "to my friends."

Lone Wolf
11-01-2006, 20:12
Yes Jack. Very admirable but Jaybird never slammed Ron and Laura. His reality was his. He paid for something and ain't got it for a year now. Maybe Ron and Laura don't handle mail orders. You're such a great friend and protector then call them right now and let them know. You're a pompous ass at times.

Jack Tarlin
11-01-2006, 20:19
Gee, so now acknowledging that I'm proud to speak well of my friends makes me a pompous ass.

Thanks, pal, but I'll keep doing it.....even if the person being slammed happens to be you! :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you think getting on the Internet vowing to "spread the word" about a Trailside business isn't "slamming" them, I'd sure hate to see what you consider a compliment!

Blissful
11-01-2006, 20:24
If the shirt falls off a hikers pack while he's hiking in the woods but he's moving so fast that he never hears it.....does it make a sound?

I know this has nothing to do with the thread - but the comment alerted me - my dh Skipper did lose his beloved grey polypro short sleeve shirt on our hike this past weekend. Had it on the pack and it dropped out. He didn't notice it missing until we were five miles gone. The thing didn't even alert us. Man he was bummed and so was I since I bought it for him. :(

Jack Tarlin
11-01-2006, 20:29
Well, hell, he can always order a new one from the folks in Harpers Ferry.

Especially if he has a year to kill.

Ummm, that a joke, folks! :D

The Weasel
11-02-2006, 02:06
Jack and Wolfie....

Why don't you guys take this discussion for a walk away from the shelter, huh? The rest of us are trying to sleep in here. OK?

The Weasel

Lone Wolf
11-02-2006, 07:07
You mind your own business and read other threads, OK Weasie?

Jaybird
11-02-2006, 07:09
Spread the word?
.....In the course of dealing with thousands of customers over the years, it's inevitable that there will be someone who's unhappy with the level of service they received.I'm sorry you evidently had problems getting a tee shirt.
But to imply that these folks are no good or that we need to "spread the word" about them is a ridiculous thing to suggest. .....etc,etc,etc,.............. I'm sorry your T-shirt is late, ......etc,.........If the biggest problem in your life is that your T-shirt is late, well you've actually got it pretty easy.

Damn, Jack!

No need to go all Rush Limbaugh on me!

Nowhere did i say YOUR buds, the O @ HF are "NO GOOD".

I simply make a statement of fact....

i ORDERED...
they TOOK my money (via VISA card)
& after a year or MORE...still NO T-shirt.
(& to date, NO refund on my Visa)

I guess i'll just chalk this one up as a LOSS.

AND....Yes, I AM Blessed with a Very NICE Life!:D

p.s. if anyone needs to know my "real" name...
its listed on my WB public profile...twice!

The Weasel
11-02-2006, 12:28
You mind your own business and read other threads, OK Weasie?

Wolfie...

Maybe it's time for you and Jack to calm down a little.

By the way, I'm not "Weasie." I'm "THE Weasie."

The Weasel

Lone Wolf
11-02-2006, 12:35
What're you gonna do? Put us in time out?

The Weasel
11-02-2006, 12:56
Not up to me how you act; it up to you two. But I doubt I'm alone in wishing you both would dial it down a bit.

The Weasel (or, for those who prefer, "The Weasie")

TOW
11-02-2006, 16:36
Bluff Mtn. Outfitter.
I second that motion!

TOW
11-02-2006, 16:40
Well, I know I'll never shop there!yea, and you'll probably never set your foot on the trail either........

BlackCloud
11-02-2006, 17:22
Jack and Wolfie....

Why don't you guys take this discussion for a walk away from the shelter, huh? The rest of us are trying to sleep in here. OK?

The Weasel

They're both just trying to up their respective # of posts.........

Skyline
11-02-2006, 18:12

And some people can do no right.

Lone Wolf
11-02-2006, 19:20
Vert true Mr. Skyline.

LostInSpace
11-02-2006, 21:43
You is what you is,
'Cause if you ain't what you is,
You is what you ain't!

Just Jeff
11-03-2006, 01:07
And is you is or is you ain't my constituency?

SGT Rock
11-03-2006, 02:48
I've bought from them at Trail Days and been to the store in Harper's Ferry. They always seem to be great people and are honestly trying to be a good outfitter for folks. I plan to use them in the future if I need something they have. I also plan to stop in and at least say hi when hiking through there.

That said, I have never ordered anything on-line. Not everyone that has a great retail store is cut out for on-line and mail order.

Mountain Dew
11-03-2006, 05:09
I smell alcohol on your breath wolf...

I'd pay money for a breathalyzer to be placed on your computer. Alcohol on your breath and no computer access on WB. You'd have to change your trail name from "lonewolf" to the "MUTE wolf"... :D

And to answer your last post to me.... wolf "Some folks can do absolutely no wrong in Jack's eyes." ---You are a well known instigator and back stabber... especially to your "friends". You should obviously know what you said isn't true, but said it anyways. I used the term "should" loosely with you. We never know when we are getting the drunk wolf or the sober wolf on WB.

wolf, " BS. Who the frig is he to lecture me?" --- It's called freedom of speech and having enough RESPECT for you to say what I did in a PRIVATE MESSAGE and NOT on this thread. That concept must be very foreign to you.

wolf, "you're notorious for sticking up for people you like and relentless on folks you don't." --- You said that to Jack like it was a bad thing. lmao.. Are you kidding us ? You paid the man a compliment. ATLEAST he's not known for stabbing people he likes in the back like you are. I'm not just talking about on this thread either wolf. You have the reputation for that throughout the trail community. People always say.. Wolfs a good guy, a drunk, a great hiker, a blue blazer, a hater/jealous, a back stabber, a biker, etc.... People just don't trust you. Atleast when Jack dies his friends will mention his good qualities with the bad and most likely laugh at his bad habits/qualitys. With you....they will mention the good, the bad, and i'm sure each and everyone of your friends will quietly remember atleast once when you stabbed them in the back.

You told me to go back and check out the majority of my posts about back stabbing a friend. Well, I challenge you to find just one where i did. You can't and won't. If I disagree with a friend I speak my mind without slamming them or I talk to them in person, on a private message etc. You wouldn't know anyhting about that sort of thing though.

wolf, "Oh, and Jack is a big boy. He doesn't need you getting his back. He sure can dish it out and he can take it" --- It's called being a friend. You should try that concept out for once...

This is where I do my best lone wolf impression....

Wolf... can't you find better things to do besides get drunk and type... LIKE.. go kiss warrens ass more than you already do ? You two just might enjoy slackpacking together sometime....from road...to road...to road...to road.... etc. :banana

Lone Wolf
11-03-2006, 07:50
So did you call your friends and make them aware of this thread, little boy?:)

MOWGLI
11-03-2006, 08:02
When is it ok to slack pack? And when is it not OK? I need guidelines.

After spending 4 years here reading posts pro & con slackpacking, I guess its OK for me since the first initial of my first name is J. ;) Good thing my name isn't Winchester. :D

Now... what were we talking about again? :-?

StarLyte
11-03-2006, 08:41
When is it ok to slack pack? And when is it not OK? I need guidelines.

After spending 4 years here reading posts pro & con slackpacking, I guess its OK for me since the first initial of my first name is J. ;) Good thing my name isn't Winchester. :D

Now... what were we talking about again? :-?

We were talking about THAT IT'S OKAY TO BE HUMAN.....it's okay to make mistakes.......the world didn't stop here...and that we are hikers.......and hikers are good people. Even the ones that piss out of shelters.......

We all don't agree sometimes, but we all do agree on one thing.....that this umbrella we sit under here is only a tiny portion of goodness that we project in our AT experience(s), and if we must argue and disagree then so be it, but let's also remember that we CAN forgive and that we will see one another again, so let's change the subject, and drop this thread, as we are ONLY hearing one side of an argument, and I am most positive that intentions were not purposely set out to initially hurt anyone. The longer this thread exists, the more hostility will occur.

Switch on over to the dog thread will ya.

Keep moving folks....nuthin to see here.......

MOWGLI
11-03-2006, 09:19
We were talking about THAT IT'S OKAY TO BE HUMAN.....it's okay to make mistakes.......the world didn't stop here...and that we are hikers.......and hikers are good people. Even the ones that piss out of shelters.......

Agreed! And if to err is human, I'll cop that plea. Although I have yet to pee out of a shelter. Behind one? Maybe... :-? But I'll never tell! :sun

Winchester (in my Cathedral)

Alligator
11-03-2006, 10:35
And some people can do no right.And some people can do no left:banana .

Skyline
11-03-2006, 11:48
And some people can do no left:banana .

I pity those people.

Just Jeff
11-03-2006, 11:49
Yeah - with no bad stuff to compare, how do they how good they have it over there on the right?!

attroll
11-03-2006, 14:37
The point was posted by Jaybird in his first post. He has had a bad experience with this outfitter and there may others who haver never had a problem. I do not know the circumstances or the details. We have only heard Jaybirds side of it.

What I am trying to say is that Jaybird said his piece of mind and it is done and over with. I feel the bashing has gone on longer then it should have. You can get mad at me for closing this thread if you want, but I am closing it.