PDA

View Full Version : im new here

StillPond
10-31-2006, 14:08
hello all

cant wait to get to know all of you and read some of the wicked crazy stories there are.

has anyone done the FT? its my playground

much love to all

MOWGLI
10-31-2006, 14:16
has anyone done the FT?

:welcome I have only hiked some at Eglin Air Force Base and along the Suwannee River.

Check out my photo gallery for some pics of the FT in Eglin.

Others here have hiked all or part of the FT. Hammock Hanger and Stumpknocker are two that come to mind.

StarLyte
10-31-2006, 14:20
hello all

cant wait to get to know all of you and read some of the wicked crazy stories there are.

much love to all

Hey there!

I'm about to hike some of it......

there's LOTS of Floridians on this site.......and FT thrus.

Lone Wolf
10-31-2006, 14:23
I've hiked the Ocala NF portion. Some serious climbs in there! Had to do low mile days.

StillPond
10-31-2006, 14:25
Check out my photo gallery for some pics of the FT in Eglin.

sweet bro, i really like the ocala nat for, ther is a place called juniper springs.....ahhhh, beaut.

once i learn how to post pics ill show ya

StillPond
10-31-2006, 14:33

yeah alot of people are heading down. ive hiked the whole state about 40 times and not all ft. we tried to kyak jacksonville (little talbot island) to daytona, tu hahahahahaha dont try it. ive biked it several times. im really bored with palmettos, sugar sand, swamps...hey look at that palmetto....wow another palmetto

jk
pleasure to meet you StarLyte

much love to all

StillPond
10-31-2006, 14:35
I've hiked the Ocala NF portion. Some serious climbs in there! Had to do low mile days.

ahhhhahah

i hear ya . .

though it will test you in mid august, night hike?

Gray Blazer
10-31-2006, 14:56
Only seems like serious climbs if you've been drinking a lot of beer. Then it becomes serious just climbing out of your chair. There is a place on the Suwanee River called Devil's Mountain which is 100 feet above the river. Some nice springs south of there. Nice ravines around Gold Head Branch. I've seen some bears in the Ocala Nat Forest part and some wild boar and turkey, etc.. Pretty nice for FL, but, nothing like the AT. :welcome to WB. Amigi wants to hike the whole FT. Get in touch with him. Amigi's Last Stand is his trail name here AT WB.

StillPond
10-31-2006, 15:03
Only seems like serious climbs if you've been drinking a lot of beer. Then it becomes serious just climbing out of your chair. There is a place on the Suwanee River called Devil's Mountain which is 100 feet above the river. Some nice springs south of there. Nice ravines around Gold Head Branch. I've seen some bears in the Ocala Nat Forest part and some wild boar and turkey, etc.. Pretty nice for FL, but, nothing like the AT. :welcome to WB. Amigi wants to hike the whole FT. Get in touch with him. Amigi's Last Stand is his trail name here AT WB.

amigi you say? thnx

devils millhopper is the most exhilirating hiking ever!;)

progress park in alachua is pretty nice and not far from you, watch out for the bikers!

got lost in san falasco ended up "hitch" hiking on 75 hee hee

much love to all

Gray Blazer
10-31-2006, 15:09
Devil's Millhopper is a good place to train for the AT. Just walk up and down about 10 times everytime you go there. I've heard of people getting lost at Oleno and ending up on I-75 and having to use those stranded motorist boxes to be rescued. There's some nice hiking down by Inverness in the Holder Mine Wilderness.

StillPond
10-31-2006, 15:14
Devil's Millhopper is a good place to train for the AT. Just walk up and down about 10 times everytime you go there. I've heard of people getting lost at Oleno and ending up on I-75 and having to use those stranded motorist boxes to be rescued. There's some nice hiking down by Inverness in the Holder Mine Wilderness.

heh heh cool oleno reminds me of high springs which reminds me of bevs better burgers, do they still have that place?

inverness is pretty

much love

Gray Blazer
10-31-2006, 15:21
Not sure about Bev's. They have that oldtyme diner. Haven't been out that way much lately. Nice talkin' to ya. Signing off for today.

StarLyte
10-31-2006, 15:21
Hey Stillpond......

I also want to bike the east coast of Florida all the way down to Key West.

That's another thread eh?

Gray Blazer
10-31-2006, 15:24
Hey there!

there's LOTS of Floridians on this site.......and FT thrus.Starlyte, when are you coming to FL? We'll get the Floridiots together and hike with ya.

StarLyte
10-31-2006, 15:27
Starlyte, when are you coming to FL? We'll get the Floridiots together and hike with ya.

ha ha ha ha I love it.

Oh you'll be hearing from me! I was planning on emailing a few folks on this site.

I'm going down in December and again in February.

I was supposed to thru-hike it but changed my mind, now I could kick myself for it.

StillPond
10-31-2006, 15:27
Hey Stillpond......

I also want to bike the east coast of Florida all the way down to Key West.

That's another thread eh?

its fun, flat and quick 20-40 days

havent started a thread on it, do yo know of one?

StillPond
10-31-2006, 15:28
Not sure about Bev's. They have that oldtyme diner. Haven't been out that way much lately. Nice talkin' to ya. Signing off for today.

peace gray

Blue Jay
10-31-2006, 16:00
I get it, it's Halloween. You dropped the fake Zen costume and put on the Surfer Dude one.

Roland
10-31-2006, 20:19
~~~

much love to all

I've tramped around Richloam, Withlacoochee, Floral City, Inverness, etc. It's a very different world than northern NH; the hiking much less arduous and with fewer scenic vistas. Yet as I get older, I've learned to appreciate diversity...and the flat terrain makes me feel like I'm 20 years old again. ;)

RAT
10-31-2006, 20:24
Welcome to WhiteBlaze StillPond !

RAT (blue blazing hobo hiker trash from hell)

Boat Drinks
10-31-2006, 21:20
I live in Panama City Beach and will be hiking the portions of the FT near here for some shakedown hikes between now and March if anyone wants to join me.

StillPond
11-03-2006, 13:52
I live in Panama City Beach and will be hiking the portions of the FT near here for some shakedown hikes between now and March if anyone wants to join me.

let me know your dates and time, if they dont clash w/ my schedule, i'm up for it. i'm just south of g'ville, so lemme know:D

much love to all