PDA

View Full Version : My ALDHA CD can't seem to run it

DavidNH
11-01-2006, 10:39
I recently received my copy of ALDHA 25 CD. It says on the label run tme :57 minutes 4:3 aspect ratio.

I put it in drive but it doesn't run. What am I doing wrong? It doesn't start automatically. So do I need to type run and setup exe or something like that? Could someone help me out here?

also what the heck does 4:3 aspect ratio mean?

David

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-01-2006, 12:57
David, it is an audio-visual DVD -- play it in a DVD player or computer DVD drive.

Jack Tarlin
11-01-2006, 20:47
David:

Perhaps you inadvertently received a copy intended for a Southbound thru-hiker.

I'm sure if you play the disc in the wrong direction, it'll work just fine. :D

(Plus the cool added feature where it tells you why it's tougher, more challenging, and more meaningful than any NOBO's disc!!)

StarLyte
11-01-2006, 21:40
I'm sure Weathercarrot will see this and help you.

Sit tight.

If your DVD is bad, you'll get a new one.

Jester2000
11-01-2006, 21:47
David --Aspect ratio refers to the ratio of the width to the height of the frame. The aspect ratio for this DVD fits perfectly on your average television. The aspect ratio would be different if it were set for one of the many widescreen options. In other words, don't worry about that at all if you're viewing the DVD on a "regular" TV.

As to why it won't run, you may have it in your computer instead of your DVD player. If that's not the case, and the DVD is defective, it'll get sorted out.

weathercarrot
11-02-2006, 11:12
if it doesn't start automatically in the computer, it could simply mean that you have to first open DVD viewing software (such as windows media player, etc), and open it from there. Or go into "my computer", look for the DVD drive, and double click on it. It could also be a problem with the computer itself or the DVD itself. Try it in a regular DVD player. If it works there, then the computer has glitch or a compatibility problem.