PDA

View Full Version : Mary Janes?

Gaiter
11-02-2006, 00:17
Don't worry, i'm not starting a thread about the green mary jane, or the mary jane from spiderman. Mary Janes the shoe made by crocs, has anyone tried them, are the comforable like regular crocs, lite as regular crocs?

here's a link http://shop.crocs.com/pc-34-4-mary-janes.aspx?reqid=34&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

Hanna

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-02-2006, 09:56
Haven't tried the Croc Mary Jane, but I have to wear dress shoes with no heel that won't slip off easily and own Mary Jane style shoes in six colors. The strap across the top of the arch rubs my foot / ankle on some pairs if I do much walking in them and I can imagine this could be a problem with the Croc Mary Jane if worn without socks.

bfitz
11-09-2006, 21:27
Don't worry, i'm not starting a thread about the green mary jane, or the mary jane from spiderman.
Those are my favorite Mary Janes! I figured Mary Jane Watson from spiderman would be yours...you know, cuzza the red hairs! Which grows on both types of Mary Janes mentioned. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Anyway back to your footwear discussion. Just trying to keep myself busy till next tuesday night.

Gaiter
11-10-2006, 00:17
No, I don't care for the Spiderman's mary jane at all, i'm partial to the green one. My band director from high school, was so obsessed w/ spiderman that his daughter is named mary jane.

Its kinda boring w/o the political threads, have you checked out the hammock math thread, thats quite amusing.

bfitz
11-10-2006, 00:47
[QUOTE]No, I don't care for the Spiderman's mary jane at all, i'm partial to the green one.
MJ Watson is just misunderstood. She's been through a lot and has a lot of emotional defense mechanisms, but she's kicked a lot of butt over the years, and being spiderman's wife is no picnic. Green Goblin had her baby kidnapped for cryin' out loud! I'm with ya on the other thing.:p

My band director from high school, was so obsessed w/ spiderman that his daughter is named mary jane.Wow! Cool! I was going to name my daughter Dejah Thoris.....

Its kinda boring w/o the political threads, have you checked out the hammock math thread, thats quite amusing.
No doubt. There's a battle royale brewing on the bad houseguests thread.

Gaiter
11-10-2006, 00:52
No doubt. There's a battle royale brewing on the bad houseguests thread.

Yeah, noticed that one as well, i'm going to stay away from that one.

mambo_tango
11-10-2006, 02:55
Do people wear regular crocs a lot on the trail? How do they hold up?

Gaiter
11-10-2006, 03:37
mostly they are used as camp shoes, they are really light, dry quickly and hold up well. but the best thing of all is that they feel good.
if you pull on the back strap to put them on, the rivet will eventually break, but just contact crocs and they will send you replacment rivets for free. mine went about 400 miles as camp/town shoes and i wear them all the time now, and they are starting to wear down on the bottom, but still my most comfortable shoe.
I meet a sobo doing half the trail that hikes in just his crocs, he uses tennis shoes as his camp shoes.