PDA

View Full Version : Steapandcheap alerts

adh24
11-02-2006, 11:05
Was wondering if anyone here uses their alert system? They will send an e-mail at midnight when a new item is posted. Was wonder if they send you an e-mail for the bottomless sac days every time something new is posted. They don't really say unless I missed it.

The midnight alert would be useless to me

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-02-2006, 11:12
I get the midnight alert and have been trying to stop it for weeks. Doing what the email says does not get you removed from the list. They have aother notification options at this page: http://www.steepandcheap.com/steepcheap/fuel_your_addiction.html

ShakeyLeggs
11-02-2006, 11:15
This is what I use for Steep & Cheap

http://sacattack.com/

max patch
11-02-2006, 11:16
I used to get the midnight alert. You only get the first item; you don't get the other items on bottomless sac days.

Now I'm signed up for the RSS feed. Anytime a new item is posted I get an alert on my home page which I can choose to read or ignore. Added the same feature for w00t.

hammock engineer
11-02-2006, 11:20
I thought about adding the cell phone alerts for a week or so each month (I get 100 free web alerts with my cell phone plan). I seem to his all the good wool shirts. For some reason they start with 10 mens shirts vs a 100 or so womens.

Lanthar Mandragoran
11-02-2006, 12:04
I used to get the midnight alert. You only get the first item; you don't get the other items on bottomless sac days.

Now I'm signed up for the RSS feed. Anytime a new item is posted I get an alert on my home page which I can choose to read or ignore. Added the same feature for w00t.

Hmmm... my RSS seems to be one or two deals behind...

refreeman
11-02-2006, 12:05
There’s a trick to hedging your chance of being ready for a product before it is on steepandcheap.com. As proof, I predict: Some time soon (within a week) SmartWool Saratoga Zip - Women's will be sold on steepandcheap.com. My guess is between 61% and 65% off, so about $30. I want to see a men’s smartwool, but no indication for that yet.

saimyoji
11-02-2006, 12:25
Recently picked this up.
http://www.sacattack.com/items/253

refreeman
11-04-2006, 12:38
Yee haa it only took 2 days for me to be right about steepandcheap selling the SmartWool Saratoga Zip - Women's!! My method of predicting SAC works great! Sorry can't reveal how, SAC might prevent it. :sun

aroth87
11-04-2006, 12:49
refreeman, if I had your 'talent' I would probably be an even poorer college student. Still, I'm intrigued, please reveal your secrets to us. I won't tell SAC, I promise :D.

Adam

orangebug
11-04-2006, 13:07
I get the midnight alert, which is pretty useless unless you happen to be up on Mountain Time Zone. What works better is an alert button that goes on your system's tool bar and lets you know each new item. RSS is slow.

MisterSweetie
11-06-2006, 22:36
I use their notification by Instant Message.. if I'm home, I'm usually signed in to instant messager... if they post a new item, I get instant notification. Literally instant.. there are usually very few sold by the time I get there.