PDA

View Full Version : Backpacking Partner(s) Wanted!

Takoda
11-03-2006, 16:16
Greetings!
<O:p</O:p
I need to hook up with someone who enjoys backpacking in all seasons! My hiking buddy recently bailed out on a great trip in Wouthwest VA due to cool temperatures! Bah!! I usually try to make 4 trips a year; one each quarter. Anyone in the Raleigh-Durham area or anyone anywhere who wants a dependable partner and who enjoys backpacking in any season, then PLEASE respond or PM me and perhaps we coordinate schedules. I would like to go backpacking sometime in March in either GA, NC, TN or VA.

Gaiter
11-03-2006, 17:49
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/triadhikers/ not limited to people from the triad

shuffle
11-07-2006, 20:31
I live in near Henderson NC and love to hike. Hiked the AT in 2004.

H2O_Buffalo
11-07-2006, 21:12
I am interested in a group in this area. I live in Northeast Raleigh. I will be laid up until spring tho as I am having foot surgery on Thursday to fix a bad bunion. I should be good to go by March or April tho. Of course I am going to Paris with my spouse in March so I best not make hiking plans then.

Keep me posted.

H2O

Just Jeff
11-07-2006, 21:27
I'm moving to Fayetteville next month...don't have my new work schedule yet but I'll be ready for some hiking after I get settled.

LeeF
11-07-2006, 23:14
It sounds like we may be able to get together a crew for the Uwharrie Trail next spring. Its great being able to mow the grass Saturday morning, then eat breakfast and still be able to drive to the trailhead by noon! I'm in Raleigh.

little bear
11-08-2006, 00:00
Im in Dunn(I-95 & I-40) I am intrested in any week long trips, weekend trips or day trips with any of you fellow Carolinians. Just let me know.
Happy Hikes

Chaco Taco
12-08-2006, 18:01
I live in Cahpel Hill and am doing the GSMNP March 9-18 if anyone wants to join.

Takoda
12-09-2006, 13:30
Lowspark, I am interested in joining you March 9th - 18th. I think Little Bear would also be interested. Keep Little Bear and me posted.

Flying Monkey
12-11-2006, 05:46
I know it's outside of your area, but I'll be starting at Springer Dec 22nd. I'll be going until Jan 19th or so. With great fortune, and luck, I'll pull into damascus just as my time runs out. Would love the company at any point along the trail if you're interested.

brancher
12-19-2006, 18:42
I'm in OBX, planning on a Jan 2006 trip to Raven, then a February trip for shakedown - then Unicoi Gap to Fontana in an early April section - maybe 2 weeks?. If interested, lemme know.

ramblinman
12-19-2006, 22:03
Greetings!
<O:p</O:p
I need to hook up with someone who enjoys backpacking in all seasons! My hiking buddy recently bailed out on a great trip in Wouthwest VA due to cool temperatures! Bah!! I usually try to make 4 trips a year; one each quarter. Anyone in the Raleigh-Durham area or anyone anywhere who wants a dependable partner and who enjoys backpacking in any season, then PLEASE respond or PM me and perhaps we coordinate schedules. I would like to go backpacking sometime in March in either GA, NC, TN or VA.

Im doing App trail in march too lets do it man, anyone wanna do a group

enLightened One
02-08-2007, 23:09
I am considering doing the GA section of the AT or a 4 or 5 day section of it starting possibly mid-March or the end of March.