PDA

View Full Version : And the spring/summer adventures begin...

Hammock Hanger
05-12-2003, 18:31
I will be heading off to Trail Days early Wednesday morning. With a stop by Clingman's Dome to pick up some late starting thru-hikers wishing to join the festivities.

Then it is off to hike the northern half of the Long Trail.

Then off to work as the lead Backpack & Canoe instructor at a youth camp in the High Peaks of the Adirondack Mts of NY.

Then over to Franconia Notch in the Whites to finally COMPLETE my northward trek on the AT. The BIG K or bust!!!:cool:

Then most likely NH for the Gathering.

I'm not expected home until mid-October I will check in when ever the computer time comes my way.

Hope to see some of you at Trail Days/Gathering. Since this is a cyber relationship and I have no clue what ya all look like if you hear my name please say hello.

Have a great spring/summer. Hopng for lots of trail under your boots, or should that be Chacos???:-?

** Remember it is the JOURNEY that really matters! ** :banana

Hammock Hanger:D

Streamweaver
05-12-2003, 19:21
WoW!! Thats what I call a busy Schedual!!! I cant wait to see some trip reports/pics!! Take care and be safe!! Streamweaver

Eagles may soar-but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Steven Wright

Hikerhead
05-12-2003, 20:13
Yeah, be sure to keep us up to date on the Hammy.

If I was in the army I would say "Hoo wha!!" or whatever the heck that is they hollar.

Have fun!!

MedicineMan
05-12-2003, 23:29
Yo Sue sounds like you are living life! Enjoy and have safe journeys. Sim-

DebW
05-13-2003, 08:30
Best of luck on the LT, AT, and everything in between. Hopefully I'll bump into you once or twice while you're up here in the northeast. Take care, and may all your journeys be satisfying. - Deb

attroll
05-13-2003, 11:29
Sue

When and where is the Gathering in NH?

RagingHampster
05-13-2003, 11:36
That means I won't get to chat with you until the beginning of February :( :( :( :eek:

Nevertheless, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Talk to ya later!!!

jlb2012
05-13-2003, 12:18
ATtroll - see link Gathering info (http://www.aldha.org/gathring.htm) for details but it is basically at Dartmouth and Storrs Pond Rec. Area Oct 10-12

Kerosene
05-13-2003, 12:42
Have a great time, HH! I think you'll love the northern LT, and then you get to follow it up with the Whites and Maine! Lucky you! Keep away from those ticks!

TJ aka Teej
05-13-2003, 13:14
** Remember it is the JOURNEY that really matters! **

I'll second that emotion! Have a wonderful journey, HH!

steve hiker
05-13-2003, 13:36
Damn HH, you're living the dream. Six months of nothing but hiking and outdoor stuff. How'd you pull it off? Lucky sonofagun!

Let's see, if I had the time and money and other things weren't holding me here and I could take off for six months I'd ...

--Head to the California/Oregon/WA coast for some hiking there;

--Then off to the Great Lakes for summer hiking at Isle Royale and other cool areas;

--Then do the Colorado Trail in September amid the golden "quaking aspens";

--Then hit the AT or other areas back east for prime fall hiking.

OR just defer the thing till July or August and so a southbound AT thru-hike, finishing in December or January.

RedneckRye
05-13-2003, 20:56
Just found out I'll be unemployed come early June. DARN!! I already had a trip planned for Alaska, up in the Brooks Range for 2 weeks with a couple of AT buddies fron Richmond, VA.

Looks like the travels will have to continue after that, If there isn't a job to come back to - why hurry home?

Head from VA down to SC to visit some other friends and do some sea kayaking/beach camping.

Then out to Colorado for the Colorado Trail. By then, I'll probably be totally broke, but if not - up to new england, Maybe VT, NH, and ME.

I'd been saving for another thru-hike next year, but it looks like now is the time for new fun!!!