PDA

View Full Version : Hitech (Dave Cockman)

MoodyBluer
11-07-2006, 17:05
Anybody know if Hitech (Dave Cockman) completed his thru hike? he should have finished on or about 10/15 at the Big K...I met him at Muskrat Creek shelter in May and have been following his blog (very entertaining) as he updated it...when he got thru the Whites the updates stopped and no response since about the middle of Sept...just curious.

halftime
11-07-2006, 17:56
Anybody know if Hitech (Dave Cockman) completed his thru hike? he should have finished on or about 10/15 at the Big K...I met him at Muskrat Creek shelter in May and have been following his blog (very entertaining) as he updated it...when he got thru the Whites the updates stopped and no response since about the middle of Sept...just curious.

I was forwarded an email from one of Dave's friends who has been keeping in touch with him. He did complete his hike but I do not remember the summit date. In the email, he had purchased a motorcycle and planned to slowly make his way back home. He did upload all photos of his last section and summit in the AT Pictures section of his blog.
http://www.davidfields.net/

Great Blog and I have been anticipating an update as well.

Turtle2
11-08-2006, 22:40
Hightech was in PA this week meeting with some hikers from the trail and re-visiting a trail angel. He summited on Oct 13, 2006. Cool temps but beautiful weather and great friends.