PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help From Maine AT Hikers

WalkinHome
11-08-2006, 20:06
Hi All,
Have been asked by the good folks from Teens To Trails here in Maine to see if I could find anyone (someone close to their age group if possible but don't let that stop you) that would share their AT experiences with this group in some way, shape or form. They are set to have a conference in March of 2007 at Windham High School. I plan to do all I can to assist them with their goals. You can reply to me here, or go to their new web site and deal with them directly.

FMI www.TeensToTrails.org

Thanks for your help.

Namaste
11-08-2006, 20:54
There are many camps up in Maine that you should probably contact that could possibly help you. My kids have gone to Alford Lake Camp in Hope and Chewonki in Wiscasset where they offer extended trips along the AT during the summer. My daughter did a trip several years ago which included some community service building a shelter in the Saddlebacks or Bigelows.

StarLyte
11-08-2006, 21:50
I LOVE helping kids!

I'll see what I can dig up!

TJ aka Teej
11-08-2006, 22:50
"Teens To Trails is leading the fight against Nature-Deficit Disorder!"
I like that line! March is busy month for us with Basketball so I can't make it - but good luck to all with the Teens to Trail program!

woodsy
11-09-2006, 11:46
My car is programed to go north and west only,this conference is south and not sure I can reprogram the car's computer or mine for that matter. Sounds like a great program though and all communities should have them. Get the kids out to see some reality beyond the tv/game screen. I will keep this conference in mind in the event I can head south. Thanks for the heads up.

WalkinHome
11-11-2006, 19:35
Thanks for your suggestions. Will pass along any and all posts here to the folks at Teens to Trails. To elaborate, I will post a part of their email to me. Regarding some help with someone from the AT community..."wondered if you had any suggestions for us - preferably a Mainer - someone with whom the teens can relate - you get the idea." So far this is all I have for this mission. Will keep you all up to speed.