PDA

View Full Version : Demographics of a WB’er

ARambler
11-09-2006, 16:57
Does Rambler need a cultural makeover???

I have been plodding along as Rambler, nee Ambler Rambler, for a quarter century and was wondering if I was still “in with the in crowd.” Last week, I watched the hip TV show, Grey’s Anatomy. In the previews for tonight’s show, I saw a familiar looking maze of cast iron pipe and realized it looked a lot like what we used to call an External frame backpack. Now in my day, canvas had not been invented, and we had to tie a box onto the frame. The Samarayjardines heretics used a Lebanon-cedar log chest, while I used the traditional stone sarcophagus.

It seems clear to me that retro hiking is about to become the latest cultural craze. Just wait, Drs. will scrub up by wiping their nose on their sleave and their hands on their butt. Tell me Dr. McDreamy is not a trail name.

So, I just need a timeless trailname. I’m a chemist (Chemical Engineer) named Jim, so I was thinking maybe I should be:
Bond, … James Iconic Bond

Footslogger
11-09-2006, 17:06
So, I just need a timeless trailname. I’m a chemist (Chemical Engineer) named Jim, so I was thinking maybe I should be:

=====================================

How bout "Free Radical"

'Slogger

STEVEM
11-09-2006, 17:24
[quote=ARambler;268955]So, I just need a timeless trailname. I’m a chemist (Chemical Engineer) named Jim, so I was thinking maybe I should be:

PennsylvaniaSmith

Skidsteer
11-09-2006, 18:11
...So, I just need a timeless trailname. I’m a chemist (Chemical Engineer) named Jim, so I was thinking maybe I should be:

We could call you Jib for short.

hopefulhiker
11-09-2006, 19:14
Free Radical hiked last year....

Cookerhiker
11-09-2006, 20:59
Does Rambler need a cultural makeover???......

How about the Organic Mechanic?

Alligator
11-09-2006, 23:03
Bionic Ionic

RockyTrail
11-09-2006, 23:35
"HALOJIM"
...looking for just one more good electron!

ARambler
11-10-2006, 00:33
We could call you Jib for short.
I was going to go by Toc, but I was too embarrassed to admit it is short for: "The Obvious Choice HA, HA, HA." (always a 6 word phrase:o )

Free Radical hiked last year....
Yeah, he was a Chemist from Penn State, where my Dad taught.

How about the Organic Mechanic?
From Rocky Horror:
... babys don't you panic. By the light of the night it will all seem alright ... I'll get you a satanic mechanic.
Oh that's different. I've never heard of Organic Mechanic but not bad for a Chemical Engineer.

PennsylvaniaSmith[/quote]
I like it and might spell it PA-Smith. However, I think people will have long forgotten THE Tread by my one year anniversary of posting, 2/21/07.

Disney
11-10-2006, 01:32
Wouldn't it be James Ionic Bond?

TOW
11-10-2006, 08:53

How about LSD :D

Gray Blazer
11-10-2006, 08:58
[quote=The Only Wanderer;269234] Auntie Oxidant and the Free Radicals.....wait, they're already a band that toured with The Psycho Killer Raccoons.

max patch
11-10-2006, 09:40
My mom gave me my trail name.

Footslogger
11-10-2006, 09:50
Well ...if you think of yourself as an individual you could go with:

ELEMENT

Then again ...if you lean more toward the "collective spirit" you might consider going with:

COMPOUND

'Slogger

bigmac_in
11-10-2006, 11:48
How about Jimgeneer?

HapKiDo
11-15-2006, 22:08
How about you let the Trail give you a name?

Of course, the name you earn on the Trail may not be to your liking.

JimChEn? Or just ChEn?

_ _
l_l l_l
_/ \_/ \_
l_l l_l l_l Something like this with your Trail Name?
\_ / \_/ You can always get much more creative than I can here.
l_l l_l

Just an idea.:)

HapKiDo
11-15-2006, 22:10
Well, it didn't work. I was trying to make it look like a chemical and the system didn't cooperate. Sorry.