PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail Days - volunteer workdays

Local
11-10-2006, 12:41
We will have several volunteer workdays before Trail Days 2007, including opening the campground a week early for people who want to put in a few hours of brush-clearing, building a bulletin board, etc.

The first workday is this coming Wednesday, November 15. We'll be clearing brush along the creek and clearing a track for emergency vehicles as we try to double the amount of camping space available.

If you can put in a few hours contact me at grs AT damascus.org (remove the spaces and replace the AT with @ )

I'll be working with a group of trustees from the local jail so some of you might want to be aware of that. Or some of you may want to see old friends who are otherwise unavailable.

D'Artagnan
11-10-2006, 13:38
...I'll be working with a group of trustees from the local jail so some of you might want to be aware of that. Or some of you may want to see old friends who are otherwise unavailable.

That's some funny stuff right there. Seriously though, thanks for all your hard work on making TD a reality.

Local
11-15-2006, 08:23
Due to a trustee problem (two of them walked off from a nearby work detail and are still missing) there are no trustees available for the near future, so the workday is rescheduled for Nov. 22, Wednesday. If you are interested meet at the coffee shop next to Subway's in Damascus at 8 a.m.

Lugnut
11-15-2006, 09:51
Due to a trustee problem (two of them walked off from a nearby work detail and are still missing) .

Well, if you can't trust a trustee ..... :o

Any work details scheduled for the wek before TD? I could do that.

Local
11-19-2006, 23:17
Yeah, the campground will be open the week before Trail Days, and if anyone wants to help do some stuff like clear some brush and maybe help construct some extra, temporary showers, welcome. We hope to buy an extra water heater and do something about the limited shower situation.