PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Need suggestion for music to use with my photo slide show.

clayrfarris
11-10-2006, 19:37
I desperately need suggestions for background music to go along with my slide show presention. I have to give a speech on Monday and show pics of my hike. Come on friends give me your ideas.

Thanks,

Clay R. Farris
Weatherman A.T.2006

Spirit Walker
11-10-2006, 21:01
Be aware that not all audiences really like the format of music with pictures. Some groups prefer having you explain the pictures. We ran into that with a couple of groups and ended up turning off the music.

Spock
11-10-2006, 21:08
The soundtrack from "the Good the Bad and the Ugly."

sourwood
11-10-2006, 21:37
Hi Weatherman! Pedaler (I actually call myself Spidergirl now) here. After my bike trip last summer, I faced a similar dilema. When I gave my presentation to a group I left the music off and explained each picture. However, in my slideshow on my computer, I added music. I found the following songs worked pretty well:

Days Like This - Van Morrison
I'm Having a Good Time - Alberta Hunter
New World - Karla Bonoff
Roll on Rolling Stone - Jimmy Cliff
Alive in the World - Jackson Browne
Moments - Pierce Pettis

Hope this is helpful!

Julie

Pacific Tortuga
11-10-2006, 21:45
Be aware that not all audiences really like the format of music with pictures. Some groups prefer having you explain the pictures. We ran into that with a couple of groups and ended up turning off the music.

Nature mood sounds with you talking over it or L.Wolf whistle'in dixie and Marine Corp tunes after leaving Dots :)

Sleepy the Arab
11-10-2006, 21:57
Beware of cliches! I know it's tempting, but avoid songs like "What a Wonderful World" and "Ripple."

Wanderingson
11-11-2006, 02:59
Waltzing Matilda

SGT Rock
11-11-2006, 03:08
The soundtrack from "the Good the Bad and the Ugly."

Excelent choice. That would be "The Ecstacy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone. Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3u3fTG70Q

That is one of my choices for music for putting together a slide show one day.

Others I was thinking of is Led Zepplin's "Ramble On"; Lynard Skynard "All I Can Do is Write it Down"; and Junior Brown "Freeborn Man"

Peaks
11-11-2006, 09:24
I use Takoma Ted's "Blue Notes between the White Blazes" as a prelude for my AT slide show.

Touch of Grey
11-11-2006, 09:24
Mannheim Steamroller/Chip Davis Fresh Aire Series 1-8 should give you a lot to choose from and not take away from the actual show. Chip and Steamroller are better known as Christmas tunes guys who used to be studio musiocians who decided to go it alone.

In the Steamroller/Davis arena are also Impressions, Saving the Wildlife, the Day Parts series. Mannheim Steamroller (http://mannheimsteamroller.com)

You also might consider some stuff from a European Group called Tangerine Dream (http://tangerinedream.org). One of my favorites to listen to and they also have a video to go with the songs is Canyon Dreams.

As always your ideas may or may not flow in this same direction. Whether or not you use these choices I think most will find them soothing and interesting.

TOG

greentick
11-11-2006, 11:42
Appalachian/folk music.

berninbush
11-11-2006, 12:06
How about Enya? Or other instrumental music. If you use this, you can play it softly and talk over it if you want.

I also like the sound track for "Return to Snowy River." (Great old movie from the 80's).

Whiskyjo
11-11-2006, 13:20
Enya's Watermark or Sheperd Moons album are good background music for about anything AT my age

handlebar
11-11-2006, 15:57
How about Walk On from Boston. I found it inspired me when I needed to make miles while hiking alone.

Lion King
11-11-2006, 16:16
Look on line at different sites that have music there to listen to (Acidplanet, jukeboxlive etc...), post a message on the message board that you are looking for music to use in your project and await the CDs to arrive in the mail.

There are a Zillion artists out there with fantastic music that want to be heard, and this helps you both, and most times, you wont have to pay a penny to use the music.

Using copyrighted music is a different story (Unless the band you use the non original music from has paid for full usage and they give you full consent) music when done right can be your bestest buddy.

clayrfarris
11-13-2006, 10:14
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I am going with River Road By Nancy Wilson from the Elizabethtown soundtrack. I discovered making these little clips is alot of work. I prefer walking the trail instead.

Weatherman