PDA

View Full Version : snow in them thar hills

mountain squid
11-12-2006, 13:15
Just dropped off a couple of SOBO’s (Laces and Pi, oh yeah, and Fabian) at Iron Mt gap for a slack back to Miss J’s. Everything was white. No significant accumulation, but it sure had that wintry feel. Temp was about 35F, with some wind.

Good Luck to all SOBO’s. Be safe through the Smoky’s.

mt squid
Stay warm and stay dry.

SGT Rock
11-12-2006, 13:53
Just dropped off a couple of SOBO’s (Laces and Pi, oh yeah, and Fabian) at Iron Mt gap for a slack back to Miss J’s. Everything was white. No significant accumulation, but it sure had that wintry feel. Temp was about 35F, with some wind.

Good Luck to all SOBO’s. Be safe through the Smoky’s.

mt squid
Stay warm and stay dry.

And I am missing it. Enjoy y'all.

Sly
11-12-2006, 14:49
And I am missing it. Enjoy y'all.

Yeah me too and I'm only in Georgia! :(

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-12-2006, 15:11
LeConte looks to have snow from a distance so I'm betting there is some between Newfound Gap and Davenport Gap.

Fly By Mike
11-12-2006, 16:14
On Thursday the ranger at the Togue Pond gate at BSP told me there was a chance they were going to re-open Katahdin for weekend hiking this weekend. They had a guy go up and check it out. Not sure if it happened but it's sure been warm enough the last few days. On my short day hike on Thrursday to Big Niagara it was warm enough for just a shirt. A few big blowdowns on the trail and by the frenzy of the chipmunks at Big Niagara there haven't been too many hikers having lunch there lately.