PDA

View Full Version : ENO Double Nest Hammock?

hotelseven
11-12-2006, 17:49
Does anyone have any experience with the ENO Double-Nest Hammock? Im looking to get one for Christmas and am curious to hear what people have to say about it. I have a Hennessey Expedition Asym hammock that I use for tripping, but the ENO looks like it would be good and comfy for relaxing in. I don't think Id be using it for sleeping in. I do want something with lots of room for me and my wife (and future kid).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, how are the Slap Straps? Are they worth getting as well? They look like they make setting up pretty easy...

My Camping Photo's : http://home.cogeco.ca/~park.pictures.4/ (http://home.cogeco.ca/~park.pictures.4/)

FanaticFringer
11-12-2006, 18:24
www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18648&highlight=eno+double+nest

Ramble~On
11-12-2006, 18:39
I have an ENO Double Nest and I also use Slap Straps.
I have the HH you mentioned as well.

Since the first time I used Slap Straps I have figured out a way to use them on all of my hammocks and don't think I'll go back to any other method..in short they are excellent..There are no knots to tie or untie and adjustment is simple. Set up with them takes me maybe a minute.

I have a collection of hammocks and each serves its purpose and its safe to say that my opinion on which one I like the most changes often...
I think that once you sleep in the Double Nest you'll see why I like it so much...it's a huge hammock and for one person it is very comfortable...
If you are used to sleeping in the HH I think you will really like the ENO...it allows for a lot more freedom of movement as you aren't "in" the hammock but rather are "on" the hammock....using it as a chair is simply a matter of
changing position. If you enjoy bug free sleeping ENO has a bug net for their hammocks. Which one is more comfortable ? HH or ENO, well that's a matter of opinion...I think they're about equal..I am a side/stomach sleeper and am able to get very close to "flat in either hammock.

For the price and what you get I think the ENO is a solid hammock.

I hope that helps you and if you have any questions just ask or pm me.

little bear
11-12-2006, 19:23
I have the ENO double nest and love it for single use. I dont like it for double use though. Im 6' 1" 240 lbs and my wife is small 5' 03" 120 and she sys it seems like Im lying on top of her. Just my 2 cents. Great for single use. Hope this helps.

Happy Hikes
Little Bear

Johnny Swank
11-14-2006, 13:48
I just finished using a ENO Doublenest and slapstraps on a 10 day trip down the Cape Fear River in NC. Take all this with a grain of salt as this was my first experience with a hammock of any sort. Yeah - I sort of dive into things.

I liked the hammock overall, but would probably just get the Singlenest if I were buy it (ENO was one of my sponsors). I got tired of the excess fabric hanging in my face during the night, and could have easily gone with a narrower model.

Liked the slapstraps, but wish there was more adjustment loops. I'm still getting the hang of getting the right sag, and I often had to futz a little more than I would have liked to get things right. Also, I was using a 8x10' silnylon tarp, and this barely covered the hammock the way I was hanging it (maybe need more sag). Being able to adjust the hammock more would have been helpful in getting everything centered.

The biners ENO uses are bomber, but there has to be a lighter option. I'd probably replace them with wiregate climbing biners.

Overall it's a well-made hammock. I might would switch to some sort of homebrew treehuggers and cord to tie up with, as I could adjust that alot better. (Take into consideration that I really, really like to make my own gear) The slapstraps are fine as they are though.

I'll be putting a more extensive gear review of everything used on the trip in the next couple of weeks on our website. I'l cut n paste the pertinant stuff over here as I get things done.

Dan Wilson
01-13-2007, 14:15
I think ENO Hammocks are awesome I own everything they have made so far and can not complain about any of it... the Slap Straps are the quickest way known to man to get a hammock up! there we site is very tight also, check it out at www.eaglesnestoutfit.com (http://www.eaglesnestoutfit.com)

hammock engineer
01-13-2007, 16:14
I think ENO Hammocks are awesome I own everything they have made so far and can not complain about any of it... the Slap Straps are the quickest way known to man to get a hammock up! there we site is very tight also, check it out at www.eaglesnestoutfit.com (http://www.eaglesnestoutfit.com)

Dan come over and check out www.hammockforums.net (http://www.hammockforums.net) . A forum for hammocking set up by the admin of this site. There is a lot of good hammock talk going on over there. Plus it seems like you like your ENO hammock. I don't think anyone that posts a lot over there is using one.

peanuts
01-17-2007, 23:09
Well I use the ENO hammock and I do have both single and double....I am trying to figure a way to hang my dbl in my room so I can get rid off my bed!!!
ENO is easy to use, no learning curb persay...