PDA

View Full Version : Trail to Recovery... Finished at Springer.

Sly
11-13-2006, 11:25
It was on the new news alert but Trail to Recovery, the guys hiking the AT to help with disabled Vets, have finished their hike.

http://www.firstgiving.com/trailtorecovery

Here's the email they send out to donors... had I known beforehand I would have gone up to greet them. It's not too late to donate.

-------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday Dave and I finally summited Springer Mountain! We were joined by friends, family, and several military members from around the country and together, we completed the last few miles of the Appalachian Trail. It's been a long, tiresome road that pales in comparison to the path the Veterans we're trying to help still face. We want to let you know that we could not have done it without your help. We've received several letters from the Veteran's that we've assisted and they have conveyed their deepest appreciation. Donations are still coming in and we hope people will continue to donate despite the fact that Dave and I are off the trail. As we all know, the holiday season is quickly approaching and adding more stress to Veterans with families. Please continue to help us spread the word about this fundraiser. We will continue to update our donation page and this blog as additional donations come in. Again, thank you for all your support.
-Craig and Dave

Nean
11-13-2006, 11:34
Almost sounds like support there Sly............:-? :D

Sly
11-13-2006, 11:46
Almost sounds like support there Sly............:-? :D

Yup! I'm sure you remember I don't normally support charity hikes feeling there are better ways to raise money, but in this case I had a change of heart. :sun

Bloodroot
11-13-2006, 11:50
Pretty neat they finished on Saturday. I wonder if they planned it that way?

DawnTreader
11-13-2006, 12:33
YEAHHHHHH!!! Good work for these fellas..
Get a trail to recovery shirt, they are the bomb!!!!

Smile
11-13-2006, 13:19
Excellent cause, way to go boys!