PDA

View Full Version : Steep and Cheap smartwool right now!

Blissful
11-14-2006, 22:37
Right now they have a long sleeve Smartwool v neck top large and xl, 60% off. Finally got my first smartwool item!

Sly
11-14-2006, 22:45
Congratulations!

SAC has been kiiling me with all the Smartwool lately, but I should be OK for the next couple couple hikes! The tomato colored shirts may last longer than that! :o

Trillium
11-14-2006, 22:48
Right now they have a long sleeve Smartwool v neck top large and xl, 60% off. Finally got my first smartwool item!my first smartwool item too! :banana

hammock engineer
11-14-2006, 22:59
Come on Sly I ordered 2 different tomato colored short sleeve for my thru next year. Everyone is going to see me coming.

Blissful
11-14-2006, 23:02
I still need to get a t-shirt. But glad I got the long sleeve. I think it will be much warmer than what I have now.

Hope they put a guys one up next. I need a long sleeve xxl for a Christmas present for hubby. He just asked for one yesterday too (!)

hammock engineer
11-14-2006, 23:07
I got 2 short sleeve and 2 long sleeve as my only shirts for my thru. The short T's actually are not that thick or hot. Best of all they don't hold as smells the way most synethics do.

Blissful
11-14-2006, 23:18
Only large is left. Boy they go fast.

And thanks about the tees. I was wondering if they might be too warm, so that's good info.

hammock engineer
11-14-2006, 23:37
They have different weight short T's. Some of them are pretty thin. Others are warmer. FYI some of the thinner lighter colors are a little see through.

Sly
11-14-2006, 23:46
Come on Sly I ordered 2 different tomato colored short sleeve for my thru next year. Everyone is going to see me coming.

LOL... Uh oh, here comes "the Killer Tomato!" :p

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-15-2006, 08:02
Hey, tomatoes, at least you won't have to wonder which shirt is yours at the hostels / shelter clothes lines...

Ewker
11-15-2006, 10:21
Hey, tomatoes, at least you won't have to wonder which shirt is yours at the hostels / shelter clothes lines...

Not so sure about that. Those tomato shirts sold out quickly. I can see a hostel with about 20 of those shirts hanging up to dry

Sly
11-15-2006, 10:33
Not so sure about that. Those tomato shirts sold out quickly. I can see a hostel with about 20 of those shirts hanging up to dry

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes led by WB's Hammock Engineer! :p

hammock engineer
11-15-2006, 10:34
Shhh, It's a sneak attach.

Blissful
11-15-2006, 13:57

That would be funny. On another note - I'm guessing hostels do have clotheslines and the like so you can dry out stuff from laundry that can't be put in the dryer? (Like most of my stuff) -

hammock engineer
11-15-2006, 17:31
I am planning on marking in some way my gear that is not homemade. Not the whole first grade summer camp name on the tag thing, but an X or mark on the inside somewhere. I can see me hanging a shirt up, leaving a water bottle laying around, or something and not going to tell mine from another. Not that it is that big of a deal as long as it is the same size.

Blissful
11-15-2006, 22:39
I am planning on marking in some way my gear that is not homemade. Not the whole first grade summer camp name on the tag thing, but an X or mark on the inside somewhere. I can see me hanging a shirt up, leaving a water bottle laying around, or something and not going to tell mine from another. Not that it is that big of a deal as long as it is the same size.

Good idea.

Hammock Hanger
11-16-2006, 09:24
Marking your gear is a good idea. So many hikers carry the same gear and after a shelter explosion it is not easy to know whose is who's. Not to mention is your name is in/on something that you accidentally leave behind or lose, it is not uncommon for a fellow hiker to pick it up and carry it until he runs into you. I lost a dress coming down Dragon's Tooth as it fell off the back of my pack while drying. Thirty-five miles up the trail it was returned to me by a hiker I had never even met before. The trail is a great place. On anything important put your full name -- I used my trailname as no one really knew me as Sue.

hammock engineer
11-23-2006, 23:26
Women's T's are back up for $15. Get them while you can.

Blissful
11-24-2006, 13:24
The men's ones were up last night and I got one for my hubby. Yippee

hammock engineer
11-24-2006, 20:39
I got a men's one too.

generoll
12-14-2006, 09:26
not Tees, but check it out if you're in the mood for a long sleeved baee layer.

"Arc'teryx Blaze Comp Jersey - Long-Sleeve - Women's"

all sizes right now