PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days Photos

chomp
05-19-2003, 15:37
Hey All,

I just wanted to make a quick post about Trail Days. For those of you that were there, you know how good of a time it was this year. For those of you that could not make it down, I hope that you can get down there for next year.

Anyway, I took a bunch of silly photos from the weekend. If you are interested, you can cruise on over to:

http://gallery.backcountry.net/chomp-traildays03

-Chomp

tlbj6142
05-19-2003, 16:49
Our tent was right next to the drums/banjo setup. Bad location if you actually wanted to sleep. Which we did.

After about 10 minutes I was able to sleep through the drums, but the banjo group woke us up at ~3am. Somehow I fell back to sleep until about ~5am. When there were several loud folks outside the tent giving Jack a hard time for saying "F-You, I'm a Trail Legend!".

That quote alone made the loss of sleep worth it. The rest of Sunday, whenever my brother (who went with me) did something to piss me off, I would use the quote. Works quite well. Of course, I'm NOT a Trail Legend.

My whole trip report will be posted later tonight.

BTW, what is the trail name of the dark haired beared dude with the blue ball cap and glasses? I know his real name, but don't know his trail name.

Jack Tarlin
05-20-2003, 15:25
The above anecdote, needless to say, is a gross exaggeration. He evidently has me confused with somebody else!

tlbj6142
05-20-2003, 15:31
Maybe it was a different Jack. :D

chomp
05-20-2003, 16:18
Guilty as charged, I was one of the people laughing abnoxiously at the quote that you mentioned. The funniest thing about it was how easily it flowed off his tounge, but how quickly he was horrified that he said it. Truely a highlight quote of the weekend and one that will be used again... and again... and again...

Afterall, that is what Billville is best at - running a good joke into the ground.

-chomp

tlbj6142
05-20-2003, 16:32
I did notice how quickly he seem to distance himself from the quote. Sort of made you folks want to say it more often.

You are right about how well it flows off the tongue. I think that is why I enjoyed saying it so much to my brother the rest of the weekend. It just felt good. Even if it didn't really apply.

Instant Classic in my book.

Hikerhead
05-22-2003, 18:11
:D :D :D ........:-?

Jumpstart
05-25-2003, 11:04
Our Trail Days pictures are mostly of folks we know, but we did get a great group shot of the class of 2002...if you're interested check them out at bakerat.homeip.net.