PDA

View Full Version : maildrops...

yugrekih
11-16-2006, 13:22
We (Barb and I) have been engaged to do maildrops for one thru-hiker this season. We offer this service as a business for long-distance hikers. Anyone that is thinking of maildrops for their hike this year and cannot find a reliable resource, please email Barb and me, and we will be happy to do your drops. To be clear, there is a fee, but we will attempt to make it as painless as possible. Figure out how much it costs for food for a thru-hike, then add in the cost of priority mailing or UPSing this food generally twice a week, then add in a modest fee for us to do the shopping and to put the packages together and to get them mailed. Then you will have an idea of what we would charge for this service...

Generally, your momma or your girlfriend/boyfriend or you spouse are not going to be good resources for doing you drops. They won't understand the need for your packages to actually be there when you arrive, or that your food desires will changes drastically during the hike, or that you cannot hike out of town with two dozen cookies and a pound of brownies...

There is no need for us to get into the debate (again) about maildrops versus buying as you go. If I was doing a thru-hike, I would probably buy as I go. But, you need to determine what is best for you. If that is maildrops, then look around for a good resource to do those maildrops. If you cannot find a good resource, then email Barb and me...

I am cross-posting this on AT-L...

Pittsburgh