PDA

View Full Version : will ms thread ever die?

mweinstone
11-17-2006, 17:01
what is it about the thread, the posters or the hiker you despise?

FanaticFringer
11-17-2006, 17:05
Beats me.:-?

mweinstone
11-17-2006, 17:08
this is a dumb thread. i wish i didnt start it.

Lone Wolf
11-17-2006, 17:08
I see 4000 more posts in it's future.

Footslogger
11-17-2006, 17:16
Looks to me as if it spawned a new thread right here !!

'Slogger

TinAbbey
11-17-2006, 18:25
perhaps minnesota should have his own forum...just throwing out there

Webs
11-17-2006, 18:29
call me behind, but who is this guy??? :confused: :confused:

ed bell
11-17-2006, 18:42
perhaps minnesota should have his own forum...just throwing out thereLike I've said before, those of you who are not familliar with MS have no idea what it's gonna be like when he has unlimited web access. Trust me on this one.

Lone Wolf
11-17-2006, 18:43

just a regular ole hiker.

DavidNH
11-17-2006, 18:49
I heard rumours that Minnesota Smith..every single night would filter, treat, AND boil up to six liters of water. Is this really true?? If it is..Its a wonder he ever had time to hike out of Georgia let alone getting all the way!

David

MOWGLI
11-17-2006, 18:51
I heard rumours that Minnesota Smith..every single night would filter, treat, AND boil up to six liters of water. Is this really true?? If it is..Its a wonder he ever had time to hike out of Georgia let alone getting all the way!

David

So much for being a "regular ole hiker." :rolleyes:

Footslogger
11-17-2006, 18:55
[quote=DavidNH;273240]I heard rumours that Minnesota Smith..every single night would filter, treat, AND boil up to six liters of water. Is this really true??
================================

No idea ...but that's the kind of stuff that feeds the flame.

'Slogger

mweinstone
11-17-2006, 19:05
ms's water filering starts when he arrives at camp and goes about an hour. double coffie filtered and double treated. 4 to 6 at a time. big deal the guy likes to play with his gear. so what.

Blue Jay
11-18-2006, 06:33

Believe me that is one question to which you DO NOT want to know the answer.

neo
11-18-2006, 10:37
:D beep:D beep
:cool: neo

Jester2000
11-18-2006, 18:10

You're a behind!
Oh, wait. Just reread the quote. Sorry. . .

Nightwalker
11-19-2006, 03:18

David

Somebody told me that he sent water in every mail drop...

Nean
11-19-2006, 12:07
The thread is still alive, just barely. I imagine it will have one last kick when MS finishes the trail.... if it doesn't get closed down.:rolleyes: The thread made it this far for one reason imo.:-? mweinstones man love of ms.:eek: No mw= no ms thread. It's been a fun ride. Thanks guys;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-19-2006, 18:52
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Deadyet.jpg

Dances with Mice
11-19-2006, 19:09
So.

Anybody wanna place a bet on the date of the last post on The Thread? Closest without going over wins the pot.

DixCrit, Sarge 'n' T-Roll ineligible for obvious reasons.

I'm in for ten, date to be e-mailed to a disinterested volunteer who we trust to judge.

the goat
11-19-2006, 19:14
Closest without going over wins the pot.

sweet! what kind is it?:sun

Dances with Mice
11-19-2006, 19:16
sweet! what kind is it?:sunWal-Mart Grease.

Skidsteer
11-19-2006, 19:18
So.

Anybody wanna place a bet on the date of the last post on The Thread? Closest without going over wins the pot.

DixCrit, Sarge 'n' T-Roll ineligible for obvious reasons.

I'm in for ten, date to be e-mailed to a disinterested volunteer who we trust to judge.

I would predict disinterested volunteers by the droves except they're by and large, well,....disinterested.

Dances with Mice
11-19-2006, 19:21
I would predict disinterested volunteers by the droves except they're by and large, well,....disinterested.So the first order of business is to generate excitement among the disinterested.

Same problem the Republicans just had, isn't it?

Mr. Clean
11-20-2006, 05:51

You've got to read the entire Minnesota Smith thread to answer that question. But, don't do that to yourself, I gave up on it long ago.

STEVEM
11-20-2006, 10:59
Somebody told me that he sent water in every mail drop...

MS is far to thrifty to waste postage on water. What he did include in his mail drops was dehydrated water which weighs far less.

minnesotasmith
11-30-2006, 11:22
[quote=DavidNH;273240]I heard rumours that Minnesota Smith..every single night would filter, treat, AND boil up to six liters of water. Is this really true??
================================

No idea ...but that's the kind of stuff that feeds the flame.

'Slogger
=========================================

I did not treat municipal water, first off. When I was going to make tea or hot chocolate, I filtered (via a single coffee filter and a small, food-grade, collapsible plastic funnel) the water for it, and then brought it to a boil. That was the only water I treated by boiling.

My usual way of treating water was to do the identical coffee filter routine, followed by Aqua Mira (a chlorine dioxide source). I figured that removing what hikers call "floaties" (bug parts, silt/sand, leaf fragments, bark, etc.) was useful in making the AM more effective. Plus, this encouraged me to drink more water, always a good thing while hiking, as CF-ed water doesn't result in crunching God-knows-what when you take water breaks. :eek: :-?

Paul Bunyan
11-30-2006, 11:40
I'll go for 25 more. :)

RockyTrail
11-30-2006, 12:14
Don't confuse "disinterested" with "uninterested".

DWM's got it right, "disinterested" means someone who is not affiliated and is has no interest, or connection with a contest (for example). Disinterested people are used as impartial judges, juries, trustees, contest administrators, etc.

As for uninterested...we all know what that means... as in "I'm uninterested in being a disinterested referee" :D