11-17-2006, 21:09
neat. oops too short. neat!

neo
11-17-2006, 21:12
:D i just wish they came in camo:cool: neo

:) its a winning combo with my jetboil:cool: neo

A-Train
11-18-2006, 13:39
We sell these at my shop. Thought they would be killer when I saw them, but..

They break. 2 thru-hikers I met this summer told me it snapped in half.

Too short. Need something like my Foon, with more length for digging deep into pots.

The whole knife/fork/spoon idea is cool, but you can't actually use the knife and fork at the same time as they are part of one piece of plastic.

Ewker
11-18-2006, 14:25
those are to short for freezer bag cooking. Got to have that long spoon

Hammock Hanger
11-18-2006, 14:37
http://lightmyfire.se/engines/page___386.aspx

i used my light my fire spork last night for the first time
i love it:cool: neo

I got one at NOC. I used it on my FHT hike and really liked it. So, if it don't break it will be my utensil of choice for awhile.

Gaiter
11-18-2006, 15:59
haven't had any problems w/ mine either, got one for my brother, so now its the coolest thing to have in his boyscouts troup

neo
11-18-2006, 19:09
those are to short for freezer bag cooking. Got to have that long spoon
it worked for me i eat out of a freezer bag in my jetboil:cool: neo

K-Man
11-18-2006, 20:58
I wasn't a fan of this multi-tasked utensil. IMO the spoon isn't big enough. I also think it's skeevy using the fork side after using it as a handle with my grubby backpacker hands. Who needs a fork on the trail anyway?

MedicineMan
11-18-2006, 22:43
someone needs to make a very very long spoon (like a real teaspoon) out of lexan or titanium..

arkwater
11-18-2006, 22:57
someone needs to make a very very long spoon (like a real teaspoon) out of lexan or titanium..

8.3" Spoon (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/bpl_long_handled_titanium_spoon_sul.html)

DawnTreader
11-18-2006, 23:20
Ah yes, another lightmyfire spork thread!! i've got a blue one...

Ewker
11-19-2006, 00:12

I have this one

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/bpl_long_handled_titanium_spoon.html

neo
11-19-2006, 11:50
I have this one

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/bpl_long_handled_titanium_spoon.html

wow 8.375 inch long:cool: neo

Topcat
11-19-2006, 12:01
wow 8.375 inch long:cool: neo

That's what she said....:eek:

;) get your minds out of the gutter...we're talking spoons here...lol

otterman
11-20-2006, 08:48
Mine broke after a couple of times used.

Footslogger
11-20-2006, 09:48
======================================

How long is "very long"? The one I use had to have been 8 - 9" long before I cut it down to fit inside my cookpot. I think got a 2 pack of them at REI several years ago. Has held up so long now that take it for granted.

'Slogger

floyd242
11-21-2006, 12:46
REI has their long handle titanium spoon for $7 on their winter sale, FYI.

The regular size spoon is < $4...

Ender
11-21-2006, 14:54
I like the idea, but I won't get one till they make it out of titanium. I've melted (and eaten) way too many plastic utensils over the years to bother with anything but metal from here on out.

woodlandbound
11-29-2006, 17:30
I inspected one last weekend at a local store and definitely dug the colors (makes it hard to misplace the thing), but it did appear a bit flimsy. I like the concept though. I currently rock a snowpeak spork, which works quite well.

laniamore
11-29-2006, 17:33
Mine hasn't broken yet. I have a lime green one. I like.

Kerosene
11-30-2006, 10:15
It might not cut through wood, but it certainly seems sufficiently rigid to handle food!

Undershaft
12-19-2006, 14:26
So far, I like the Light My Fire spork. I just finished a lovely lunch of ramen, cooked on my Trangia(take that gram weenies!), and eaten with my blue LMF spork. It seems plenty durable to me. For those that broke them: what were you doing with your spork, quarrying stone? If it can't withstand lipton noodles, dude, you need to cook them longer. And for the guy who melts his plastic utensils here's a tip: Don't leave your spork in the pot when it's on the stove! For the few dollars it costs it's a great product.

rafe
12-19-2006, 16:30
So far, I like the Light My Fire spork. I just finished a lovely lunch of ramen, cooked on my Trangia(take that gram weenies!), and eaten with my blue LMF spork. It seems plenty durable to me. For those that broke them: what were you doing with your spork, quarrying stone? If it can't withstand lipton noodles, dude, you need to cook them longer. And for the guy who melts his plastic utensils here's a tip: Don't leave your spork in the pot when it's on the stove! For the few dollars it costs it's a great product.

Now if you were a *real* gram weeny, you'd eat that Ramen with a chopstick, and use the chopstick later as a tent stake or to dig a cat hole, or as a toe splint or finger splint. Multiple use, man, think multiple use !!! ;) Have you ever tried to stake a tent with spork?

Hana_Hanger
12-19-2006, 16:58
I've used the Light My Fire and Vargo Spork (very sharp) and the regular white Lexan Spoon and the GSI Foon ...oh and of course the free Wendy's spoons.

but I feel overall the REI Titanium Long Handled Spoon 8.5" beats them all....weighs only 0.25 oz and long enough to not get all dirty using the Ziploc food cooking.

otterman
12-20-2006, 10:24

One of the tines broke off while inside my pack.