PDA

View Full Version : Trail Daze.....

Trail Yeti
05-20-2003, 13:59
Yes, I intentionally misspelled it! For most of the hikers, it was a daze...
Great time there, I got there fri morning and left sun morning to do maintenance at Kincora.
Got a lotta schwag from the reps...met the new crop of testers for granite gear, ate a lot of food, saw a lot of friends from last year. It was great. If you didn't get a chance to go this year, plan on it next year!
For maintenance there was something like 80 people, half went north to work in VA, half South to work in TN. I went to TN and we cut trail for a new relo, almost finished it. BJ made his infamous lasagna on mon night for dinner...yum, yum and Seiko made cheesecake for dessert...even yummier.
The new kilt was a big hit...and the class of 03 is a great bunch of people. For all of you who I saw there, it was good to see you, and if you went and I didn't see you, maybe next time!
life is good, Wear a Kilt!
Trail Yeti:banana

Virginian
05-20-2003, 22:45
Hey Yeti, I was looking at the pictures on the homepage and saw the one of Moonshine at the Doyle. She sure is a pretty girl ! Do you have something on her? Maybe you know Vodoo? It was GREAT to see you both at TD's. Man,I miss the trail.

Trail Yeti
05-21-2003, 08:38
NO vooodoo, just good old fashioned "Luck 'o the Irish", charm, and she likes kilts!!!! Great to see you too buddy......
While at Kincora, I watched JoJoSmiley's presentation on the ECT...that was a mistake, now I want to do that!!!

Haiku
05-21-2003, 09:21
How did hiking in the Sport Kilt work out? I haven't had a chance to test mine out yet...I have to wait until the second week of June.

Haiku.

tlbj6142
05-21-2003, 09:51
Ooops!

Trail Yeti
05-21-2003, 10:07
Haven't been more than a day hike in it. But I did wear it all day saturday, including getting soaked in the hikers parade. It dried out really fast, and the freedom of movement in it is great! My only concern is that it is so much heavier than my MH kilt, but if it turns out to be too hot, than I will hike in it in the winter, and save the MH for the summer. However, everyone loved it! I can't remember how many times I heard "now that's a kilt!".

ganj
05-21-2003, 19:58
Chicks dig kilts?

Hey Trail Yeti, Damascus was a blast and had just as much fun (sans alcohol) at Kincora. Would really like to be there next year for another Hard-Core but the PCT is calling.

I guess I should go buy myself a kilt.

Trail Yeti
05-21-2003, 21:01
ditto the fun at TD and Kincora, also the PCT, but unfortunately I doubt the PCT will be mine next year....don't think I can afford to take 2 semesters off school.
KILTS RULE!!!