PDA

View Full Version : Dave Rawlings Machine

MOWGLI
11-20-2006, 20:00
OK, so this is a bit off topic, but for all you music fans out there, this could be the show of the year.

David Rawlings - husband and music partner to Gillian Welch is performing under the name Dave Rawlings Machine. He's playing throughout the southeast over the next few weeks, and is accompanied by his wife. Normally, tickets for Gilliam Welch run $20 - $25, but tickets for the Dave Rawlings Machine are running $10 - $12.

I'm going to Murfreesboro, TN tomorrow night to catch him. Here's a list of other places he's playing;

Nov 20 2006 9:00P Bluesboro Rhythm And Blues Murfreesboro, TN
Nov 28 2006 9:00P Proud Larry's Oxford, Mississippi
Nov 29 2006 8:00P Zydeco Birmingham, Alabama
Dec 4 2006 8:00P Rhythm & Brews Chattanooga, Tennessee
Dec 5 2006 8:30P Grey Eagle Tavern & Music Hall Asheville, NC
Dec 9 2006 10:00P World Grotto Knoxville, Tennessee

Here's a setlist from his show in Louisville last week;

I'm On My Way Back To The Old Home
I Hear Them All
Elvis Presley Blues
The Wicked Messenger
Untitled
The Monkey And The Engineer
Knuckleball Catcher
The Keys To The Kingdom
Jack-A-Roe
Honey Now

Diamond Joe
Country Girl
I Want To Sing That Rock And Roll
To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High)
Straight A's In Love
Tired Eyes
Queen Jane Approximately

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

And here's the setlist for Lexington;

November 14, 2006 The Dame Lexington, KY

I'm On My Way Back To The Old Home
I Hear Them All
Elvis Presley Blues
The Wicked Messenger
Untitled
The Monkey And The Engineer
Big Rock Candy Mountain
Knuckleball Catcher
Airmail Special
The Key To The Kingdom

Diamond Joe
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
Panama Red
Honey Now
Tired Eyes
Luminous Rose
Queen Jane Approximately

Jackson

MOWGLI
12-01-2006, 23:55
I'm telling you! This is the show of the year. Any deadheads in the house? Checkout the latest setlist. He's playing in Chattanooga (Rhythm & Brews) on Monday Dec. 4, Asheville (Grey Eagle Tavern) on Tuesday Dec 5, and Knoxville (World Grotto) on December 9.

November 28, 2006 Proud Larry's Oxford, MS

Airmail Special
I Hear Them All
Elvis Presley Blues
Untitled
Stagger Lee
Knuckleball Catcher
Jack-A-Roe
I Am A Lonesome Hobo

Panama Red
Luminous Rose
Time Fades Away
The Key To The Kingdom
China Doll
Diamond Joe
Jim Jones
Tired Eyes
Queen Jane

Albequerque
Jackson

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Lugnut
12-02-2006, 01:32
I thought he was just the extremly talented sideman. I didn't know he was married to Gillian Welch. I envy you getting to go to the show. It's too far for me to travel right now but I'd love to be there. I'm not a Deadhead but I'm sure a Gillian Welch/David Rawlings fan. Enjoy!

Sly
12-02-2006, 12:11
Hey Jeff, are you going to see them in Chattanooga? If there's tickets left and you're going, I'll take a ride up.

MOWGLI
12-02-2006, 14:37
Hey Jeff, are you going to see them in Chattanooga? If there's tickets left and you're going, I'll take a ride up.

Sly, unfortunately I'll be in DC from the 4th - 6th. It'd be great to hang with you, but I'll be out of town. :(

Sly
12-02-2006, 14:47
Sly, unfortunately I'll be in DC from the 4th - 6th. It'd be great to hang with you, but I'll be out of town. :(

Oh well, maybe next time. If there's another good show, let me know. For some odd reason, I have this thing about visiting Chattanooga!

MOWGLI
12-02-2006, 15:20
For some odd reason, I have this thing about visiting Chattanooga!

Lets make it happen. There's some good hiking up here, including 38 miles of the Cumberland Trail that was recently completed. I plan to hike it this winter. To the best of my knowledge, no one has backpacked that continuous stretch in one trip yet.

Sly
12-02-2006, 15:37
Lets make it happen. There's some good hiking up here, including 38 miles of the Cumberland Trail that was recently completed. I plan to hike it this winter. To the best of my knowledge, no one has backpacked that continuous stretch in one trip yet.

Let me know. I'm currently unemployed (and probably will be til next year at this time) and available! Sometime after the soltice, when days start getting longer again sounds good.