PDA

View Full Version : Apology to the forum.

Heater
11-21-2006, 06:01
For my part in the "Self Ignore" posts and the confusion it caused.

My apologies to Attroll and any other moderator that had to field complaints and concerns as as result of a little "kidding around" that wound up growing into somewhat of a prank.

Two Speed
11-21-2006, 06:54
No problem here. Being enthusiastic about replying could have been part of the problem too, so I may deserve some of the grief, too.

I don't want to restart that or anything, but some of it was pretty funny.

MOWGLI
11-21-2006, 07:32
For my part in the "Self Ignore" posts and the confusion it caused.

The Self Ignore posts make infinitely more sense than anything in the Help WIth Some Math Please thread. :sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-21-2006, 07:35
In my best Mae West voice:
You've been bad boys - off to my room :D

MedicineMan
11-21-2006, 07:36
help with some math was my baby, and i hoped it would surpass MS but what were the odds?

MOWGLI
11-21-2006, 07:40
help with some math was my baby, and i hoped it would surpass MS but what were the odds?

What's it all about? Star Trek? My head hurt whenever I went in there.

Alligator
11-21-2006, 10:50
I'm sorry I corrupted you Darth Austex and for having to dump you, I need my space and my farm animals. Skidster was not so easily seduced...

I am sorry I offended everyone with my two dots. Now get those ignore lists out.

[joking [I]again]

Rain Man
11-21-2006, 10:58
The Self Ignore posts make infinitely more sense than anything in the Help WIth Some Math Please thread. :sun

Well, the really sad, sad thing is that there was some really good, substantial, important, safety-centered stuff in that Help With Some Math Please thread.

The sad and disgusting part is that the good posts got completely overwhelmed by the garbage and the self-important idiots who posted that stream of garbage.

Rain:sunMan

Alligator
11-21-2006, 11:14
For the record, I'm definitely not apologizing for posting in the Help with Math thread. My first post there was at #920. If it takes that long to figure out the math on how to hang, stick to the ground.

Footslogger
11-21-2006, 11:17
==================================

Aw c'mon Mowgli ...that thread had potential. I'll agree that it is uncertain as to the realization of that potential ...but it was there somewhere.

For my part in the whole issue I offer sincere apologies as well.

'Slogger

Footslogger
11-21-2006, 11:19
The sad and disgusting part is that the good posts got completely overwhelmed by the garbage and the self-important idiots who posted that stream of garbage.

==================================

That's a bit harsh Rain Man ...but if that's how you really feel I can live with it.

'Slogger

Two Speed
11-21-2006, 11:19
'Gator, I thought some of your stuff was pretty funny. If the site admin's think dope slaps are appropriate for the blank posts that you and Austexs posted I probably deserve a spot in that line, too. That said, if anyone has a serious question on the trig, etc, I'd be happy to help.

Dances with Mice
11-21-2006, 11:20
help with some math was my baby, and i hoped it would surpass MS but what were the odds?You need a Thread Guide. It just happens that I am an experienced thread guide and may soon be between threads. Let's stay in touch. Have your people call my people. Maybe we can work a deal.

Two Speed
11-21-2006, 11:22
Well, the CJO* slot may be open, but why don't we let the site admin's think about it and tell us what they think.

*CJO = Chief Juggling Officer

Heater
11-21-2006, 11:29
Well, the really sad, sad thing is that there was some really good, substantial, important, safety-centered stuff in that Help With Some Math Please thread.

Geeeeeze! I think your moniker "rain man" is spot on. :rolleyes:

Lighten:sunup!

Heater
11-21-2006, 11:32
Well, the CJO* slot may be open, but why don't we let the site admin's think about it and tell us what they think.

*CJO = Chief Juggling Officer

Maybe one of "The Flaming Idiots" will come out of retirement!

That'd be cool. :cool: Huh? :D

Alligator
11-21-2006, 11:38
'Gator, I thought some of your stuff was pretty funny. If the site admin's think dope slaps are appropriate for the blank posts that you and Austexs posted I probably deserve a spot in that line, too. That said, if anyone has a serious question on the trig, etc, I'd be happy to help.There was some initial concern that I may have exercised illegal options, but I explained it was nothing more than smoke and mirrors, not code and mirror sites.

1Pint
11-21-2006, 11:39
For the record, I'm definitely not apologizing for posting in the Help with Math thread. My first post there was at #920. If it takes that long to figure out the math on how to hang, stick to the ground.

Austexs & 'Gator,
I thought your stuff on that thread was funny. Got no clue what you are referring to and that's fine with me.

Outta here,
Laura

Just Jeff
11-21-2006, 12:06

Dances with Mice
11-21-2006, 12:29
Maybe one of "The Flaming Idiots" will come out of retirement! That'd be cool.The Idiots retired?! I didn't know that. Without them Renn Faire entertainment is going to resemble grown guys in tights doing cheesy high-school talent show stuff.

Heater
11-21-2006, 12:32
The Idiots retired?! I didn't know that. Without them Renn Faire entertainment is going to resemble grown guys in tights doing cheesy high-school talent show stuff.

Unfortunately, yes. I enjoyed their shows. :(

Alligator
11-21-2006, 12:40
..........Dixicritter said no more dots. Don't rile her up.

Just so you know, Sgt. Rock didn't elect to go to the desert. He stepped out of line and Dixicritter roundhouse kicked him all the way to Iraq.

Heater
11-21-2006, 12:44
Dixicritter said no more dots.
Don't rile her up.

No more Dots? Lone Wolf's gonna be pissed. :D

Just Jeff
11-21-2006, 13:03
Dixicritter said no more dots. Don't rile her up.

Just so you know, Sgt. Rock didn't elect to go to the desert. He stepped out of line and Dixicritter roundhouse kicked him all the way to Iraq.

Well, I thought better of what I had posted and there isn't a delete option.

Good to know about Critter's roundhouse kicks, though - I'll keep that in mind when I meet her. Now, would she roundhouse kick me for calling her ma'am, or for not calling her ma'am...so much uncertainty in this world...

Dances with Mice
11-21-2006, 13:10
Unfortunately, yes. I enjoyed their shows. Damn, they could have gotten new Idiots. The Karamazovs are now searching for another Brother. He'll be FKB #10 for the four-person troupe.

dixicritter
11-21-2006, 14:35
Well, I thought better of what I had posted and there isn't a delete option.

Good to know about Critter's roundhouse kicks, though - I'll keep that in mind when I meet her. Now, would she roundhouse kick me for calling her ma'am, or for not calling her ma'am...so much uncertainty in this world...

Don't you dare call me ma'am! :p

Footslogger
11-21-2006, 14:39
Don't you dare call me ma'am! :p
==========================

Oh ...now you did it JJ !!

Gray Blazer
11-21-2006, 14:47
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. I wouldn't have read it if not for your apology since I'm not good at math. Geometry to me is what the bush said when he grew up...Gee, I'm a tree.

Lacbe
11-21-2006, 14:52
Thats Cool, Live with what you think, know big deal, life goes on.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-21-2006, 15:22
would she roundhouse kick me for calling her ma'am, or for not calling her ma'am...so much uncertainty in this world...huurumph... young man.... Ma'am is for older ladies such as myself, not for sweet young things like DixieCritter.

Alligator
11-21-2006, 15:26
That's a funny avatar FD:clap.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-21-2006, 16:49
That's a funny avatar FD:clap.Thanks. ..

Alligator
11-21-2006, 17:20
<Control Break>

Alligator
11-21-2006, 17:34
<Control Break>Darn it, nothing happened. Maybe it needed to be in the other thread :confused:. I'll have to work on the deseed... err debugging routine:-?.

Nightwalker
11-21-2006, 22:37

Gee, guess I have to go read now, heehee.