PDA

View Full Version : SOBO BMT in January

Phreak
11-22-2006, 15:50
Anyone interested in hiking the BMT sometime in January? A friend had originally planned on hiking it with me but can't get the time off from work. I'm flexible on the dates and plan on roughly 14-16 days for the trip.

*** Please note - I will be hiking with one of my dogs once the GSMNP section has been completed. ***

SGT Rock
11-22-2006, 16:07
Good luck. You will probably get snow.

Phreak
11-22-2006, 16:47
Good luck. You will probably get snow.

I'm hoping so. :D

SGT Rock
11-22-2006, 16:51
You need any info on the trail? I am now working on a possible version of the databook for the BMT.

Phreak
11-22-2006, 17:29
You need any info on the trail? I am now working on a possible version of the databook for the BMT.

You sent me some information awhile back but I'd appreciate anything you can send my way.

Thanks!
Brian

SGT Rock
11-22-2006, 17:35
I have some small updates of the guide for now. Fixed some errors and added some small updates.

If you notice the BMT website has a listing for an upcoming databook. Looks like that was not coming any time soon. I sent some of my stuff to the BMTA guys and looks like I will be helping to try and get a databook out soon (I hope). What I can do is wait until December and send you the most up to date stuff I have at the time, all I ask is you make some notes while you hike about what info was helpful and what is not. The idea is to try and keep the book as small and have less "interpretation" of the trail and stick more to just the facts. So taking out extra entries that are not needed is one of the goals.

Phreak
11-22-2006, 17:55
Sounds great! I'd planned on taking a lot of notes during this trip and I'll forward them to you after my hike. Shoot me a PM when you have info ready in December.

Thanks.

SGT Rock
11-22-2006, 17:57
Will do. Good luck in your planning. Wish I could actually be there.