PDA

View Full Version : Atmas 35

gilreatr
11-23-2006, 18:09
Hi guys im new to this site and hiking all together. Got in to it For exercisize and to lose weight. So far I've hiking all the trails in sweetwater creek and all but 2 in amicalola falls except the big loop and the hike from top of falls to springer. Just wanting to see how the atmos 35 is for weekend hikes I know its a lil small but hope to do this part of the hike before new years.

stringbean
11-23-2006, 21:48
i just bought an atmos 50 a few weeks ago and i love it. i can fit my sleeping bag, clothes, and 5 days of food in the main compartment. waterfilter and hammock go in the two smaller pockets while the sleeping pad gets strapped to the outside. i love the airspeed suspension, you can even put a small water bladder inside of it. my base weight is about 9 lbs, and thats everything minus food and water. all of my gear is pretty compact. because of its odd curve, the frame can limit the size of the gear you can stuff into the pack. i could probably make the 35 work for weekends but it depends on what you carry for gear.

JJB
11-23-2006, 22:28
Ditto here on the 50. Fitts like glove and rides like a dream. Very light for the comfort that it gives 25-30 lbs. In the White's most of the ragers were in Osprey's. I have about 35 trails days in mine and still love it. The only thing that gives me a little concern is the streachy material that they make the pockets out of. Mine has pilled a little thats all, but it still gets me a little.Peace. JJB.