PDA

View Full Version : Trail news

bigmontana
11-29-2006, 10:49
I'd like to make a suggestion about the trail news... put articles which are dups of other articles in a thread together instead of having 5 threads that are basically the same story from the AP wire. That would make it much easier to find the different topics/articles instead of wading through a ton of duplicates.

attroll
12-06-2006, 00:48
I'd like to make a suggestion about the trail news... put articles which are dups of other articles in a thread together instead of having 5 threads that are basically the same story from the AP wire. That would make it much easier to find the different topics/articles instead of wading through a ton of duplicates.
If you referring to the forum Appalachian Trail News Today. Those are RSS feeds. I can not find a way to stop duplicates right now. The problem is if the title of the feed is just a little different then it still comes through.

If anyone wants to volunteer for be the moderator for that section, we would greatly appreciate it. All they would have to do is delete the duplicate threads.

bigmontana
12-18-2006, 13:21
I can do that if no one else wants to. Gotcha on the RSS thing. ;)

andrewan
01-05-2010, 02:45
Thanks for sharing valuable information with us..