PDA

View Full Version : Chacos -- Toe loop or no toe loop ???

D'Artagnan
11-29-2006, 14:26
I've been considering the purchase of a pair of Chacos for awhile now and I have a question for those of you who wear them. What are the advantages (disadvantages) of the toe loop? Is it just a personal preference kind of thing or are there reasons for choosing to go with it? Wearing with socks (doubtful) would seem an obvious reason to go "loopless". Are there others? Thanks for the input.

sirbingo
11-29-2006, 14:53
The loop looked cool but I found it uncomfortable...oh the other hand my old girlfriend loved her pair that had loops.

Footslogger
11-29-2006, 14:58
You ever wearing them with socks ?? If so the toe loops don't work.

'Slogger

LostInSpace
11-29-2006, 16:20
I have a pair with toe loops. You can pull the straps tight to eliminate the toe loops when you want to wear socks. However, it is a real pain to slack up the straps again when you want the toe loops. The straps don't pull easily, probably by design. Although I like my Chacos, I don't carry them any more, as I consider them too heavy.

Footslogger
11-29-2006, 16:30
[quote=LostInSpace;278183]You can pull the straps tight to eliminate the toe loops when you want to wear socks. However, it is a real pain to slack up the straps again when you want the toe loops.
===========================

Yeah ...that's kinda what I was getting at. I've got them too and doing the toe loop thing is no easy task. Once you get the toe loops adjusted properly you really don't want to change them.

'Slogger

highway
11-29-2006, 17:00
The Chaco models prior to this one, size 12 weighed/pair 2.61 Lbs (41.76 oz.)
This years Chaco Z2 (w/toe loop), size 12 weighs/pair 2.12 (33.92 oz)
teva Wraptor spice, '06 model weighs/pair, size 12 2.04 Lbs (32.64 oz)

Prior years were lighter since this year is of leather but the footbed is more comfortable (cushioned)for me than the Chacos

The reduction in Chaco's weight this year is the reason I attempted, for the third time, to use them. I selected the Z2 toe strap model as it would give more lateral support when the foot is edging in or balancing on the sides of talus-keeping it from wanting to slide off the sides of the footbed. as for spocks, If you go with Chacos instead of tevas-and many do- you can buy a couple of pairs of Injiinji socks:

http://www.injinji.com/

worn by ultra marathoner endurance runners, a glove for the foot/toes, protecting toes from blisters. They work with Chacos since each toe is individually covered. They are also a blessing for any who have a penchant for developing blisters on their toes. I don't.

Good luck on your choice-choose wisely

woodlandbound
11-29-2006, 17:20
My chaco's have the toe loop and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even when I first bought them, I thought I was going to hate it, but it is easy to get accoustomed to. I think one of the biggest factors may be that it keeps the front part of the sandal from "flopping", which felt a bit noticable due to the weight of the chacos.