PDA

View Full Version : Football and Hiking

laniamore
11-29-2006, 16:42
This is totally random but I just want to celebrate that my school is going to a bowling game as of last night! First time since 1968!! Hopfully on the drive from Ohio to Mobile, AL to see the game I can stop in Georgia for some AT hiking! WHOOHOO!

Go Bobcats (anyone?)

Lone Wolf
11-29-2006, 16:44
Football or bowling?

Ender
11-29-2006, 16:44
...my school is going to a bowling game.

I hope they get a group discount on the shoe rentals... :p

laniamore
11-29-2006, 16:46
Wow, must have gotten too excited. Can you edit your own posts? I ment Bowl Game. Thanks!

laniamore
11-29-2006, 17:28
Hey it's a hobby, what can I say? It's fun. :D

otterman
11-30-2006, 15:36
What is up with that "crown" collection of yours?

Probably collected from the alley where the O.U. Bobcats will be bowling.

K-Man
11-30-2006, 17:24
Hey it's a hobby, what can I say? It's fun. :D

Damn, I'm impressed. Have you drank all those beers yourself?

Ender
11-30-2006, 17:33
Yeah, that's a heck of a collection. I'm a big fan of trying different beers myself, but never thought to collect bottlecaps. Not that I would collect many anyway... much of my drinking is done at the local bar where they have a constantly rotating 25 tap selection. I've tried at least 50 beers I'd never had before in the last year alone. Maybe double that... couldn't say exactly (probably a side effect of drinking all that beer!).

Congrats on your team accomplishment, by the way.

laniamore
12-01-2006, 00:14
Probably collected from the alley where the O.U. Bobcats will be bowling.

haha, very funny...

K-Man & Ender - thanks! i've try to drink or at least try (i hate IPA) all the caps i have although a lot of them from Germany and Austria I haven't, but most of the the others I have... do either of you home brew?

chief
12-01-2006, 00:53
Hey laniamore, congrats on the bowl game (GMAC Bowl I think it's called). Anyways, when you get to Mobile, check out the Dauphin Street bar district. Friend of mine owns a joint called Haley's. Always a good time!

chief

laniamore
12-01-2006, 10:22
Hey laniamore, congrats on the bowl game (GMAC Bowl I think it's called). Anyways, when you get to Mobile, check out the Dauphin Street bar district. Friend of mine owns a joint called Haley's. Always a good time!

chief

Awesome, will do, thanks!

Ender
12-01-2006, 10:35
do either of you home brew?

I'm a homebrewer! I've got a cherry honey stout coming along for the holiday season, and I'll probably do another mead for my next batch. After that, dunno... I was thinking something a little different... maybe a heather ale or a gruit or something that you just can't find in stores. Haven't really thought that far ahead yet.

Gray Blazer
12-01-2006, 10:36
Just remember, the official hat of the AT this year is the camo FL gator cap (at least in TN, NC and GA and the Pinhoti trail in Alabama except near Auburn and the Foothills trail in SC).

K-Man
12-01-2006, 10:39
haha, very funny...

K-Man & Ender - thanks! i've try to drink or at least try (i hate IPA) all the caps i have although a lot of them from Germany and Austria I haven't, but most of the the others I have... do either of you home brew?

I don't home brew YET!! I am strongly feeling the calling though. I think I am going to wait until after I get back from my thru hike next Sept to start. I wouldn't want to start accumulating the equipment just so it can collect dust for 6 months.

laniamore
12-01-2006, 10:39
I'm a homebrewer!

That rocks. I'm jealous! Haha. My boyfriend and I were thinking of getting into it but haven't had any time to yet. Oh, I just recently tried honey mead for the first time and I'm in love with it. Good luck with your beers, sounds fun!

Ender
12-01-2006, 11:04
Thanks! Yeah, mead is really good, and about the easiest thing in the world to make. Take hot water, add honey and disolve, add yeast starter, wait (for a very long time). Bottle, wait. Drink. Mmmmmmmmm...

You two should get into it. If you do extract brewing, it really doesn't take that much time at all.

laniamore
12-01-2006, 13:52
Oh, I will have to try making my own mead. Thanks for the tips. :) This will keep me busy during break. Haha

chief
12-02-2006, 01:32
Just remember, the official hat of the AT this year is the camo FL gator cap (at least in TN, NC and GA and the Pinhoti trail in Alabama except near Auburn and the Foothills trail in SC).
Yeah, don't get caught with that thing near Auburn, the Ag. students will plow you under. Go Bruins!

Nightwalker
12-02-2006, 01:39

Wear Clemson orange. At least then the only hunters shooting at you will be Gamecock fans. And they've only hit once in the past five years, right? :eek: