PDA

View Full Version : Tarptents on sale

superflatz
11-29-2006, 22:56
On 11/24 I ordered a Double Rainbow tarptent from tarptent.com. I was notified today that they started a sale on 11/26 and they were giving me the sale price. Saved about 20%!

Now that's a stand-up company!!!

bob

mrc237
11-29-2006, 23:28
Henry Shire is a stand-up guy!

Bravo
11-29-2006, 23:28
Thanks for pointing out their sale. I guess that's what I've been waiting around for.

Blissful
11-30-2006, 00:15
Yeah my dh got me my squall tent last year at the sale - it waiting for me under the Christmas tree. Nice!

namehere
11-30-2006, 02:55
thanks for the tip- just ordered one today. i've ramped up on buying gear for my hikes and ordered about a thousand dollars worth of stuff this past week! 2 tents (1 winter, 1 for 3 season), sleeping bag/liner, water filter, shoes, socks. i think i might need an AA program for gearheads before it's all over. currently i still need to buy all my clothes and a pack. it's tough deciding on a pack when the local places have such limited stuff in stock! it's all fun though :)

Cuffs
11-30-2006, 18:55
thanks for the tip- just ordered one today. i've ramped up on buying gear for my hikes and ordered about a thousand dollars worth of stuff this past week! 2 tents (1 winter, 1 for 3 season), sleeping bag/liner, water filter, shoes, socks. i think i might need an AA program for gearheads before it's all over. currently i still need to buy all my clothes and a pack. it's tough deciding on a pack when the local places have such limited stuff in stock! it's all fun though :)

Where do you live again? Lock your doors!:D

Ewker
11-30-2006, 19:42
AlHikerGal, now is the time to buy one :)

namehere
12-01-2006, 00:37
the ID thru-jacket i was hoping for is on back-order. rummaging through the local bargain clothing places, i found a pair of marmot precip plus full zip pants ($45 - originally $130) and a salomon climapro hard shell jacket ($40 - originally $250). i did what most impulse buyers do- i bought both! i figure if i can't use either piece for hiking, i can surely use them for my next ski trip. the ID jacket would have cost me around $220. i know that neither the marmot nor the salomon are made of the 'best' and most breatheable materials, but for $90 i am willing to give them a try.

oh.. this was about tarptents.. i ordered the rainbow. when i placed the order online, it only gave me a 15% discount. did i need to do something special to get the 20%?

superflatz
12-01-2006, 23:47
The % was just an approximation. I didn't do the math, it might have been 15%. Let's see: reg price $250, sale price $215 - yup, 15%. Sorry, didn't mean to mislead. Just wanted to pass it on since everyone has been so helpful to me.
bob