PDA

View Full Version : Discount Undies????

Mountain Maiden
12-02-2006, 13:31
Looking to buy a "base layer" for my step-dad's birthday. Don't need super-duper-hiker type stuff or the $$price$$ as he is quite sedentary due to several strokes. BUT--he is COLD most of the time and could use something lightweight but warm to keep in more body heat.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THX!

Sunny aka Sunrise:sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-02-2006, 13:51
How large is your step-dad?

Mountain Maiden
12-02-2006, 14:12
Hmm--he is about 5' 10"--- wears 36" pants, 44-46 reg coat, and I don't know what his weight is....LOL--

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-02-2006, 14:18
Target sells a brand of really comfy long underwear for women called Cuddl Duds - it comes in XL which fits my father who is roughly the same size (5'9" and 38 waist worn just below chin :D) It come in black, natural and white.

The Snowman
12-02-2006, 14:49
Campmor is always good so is sierria trading post.

Skidsteer
12-02-2006, 15:53
Wal-Mart carries "Indera" brand in the hunting section. It has "Silver Ion" technology to prevent funk.

An XL top costs $13, weighs 11 ounces, is a Merino/polyester mix(no cotton), and I'm beginning to think they may be warmer than my Capilene.

I haven't gotten the bottoms yet. I think they were about the same cost or a bit less.

Mountain Maiden
12-02-2006, 16:14
All good suggestions! I used wintersilks when I hiked but hated to spend the bucks knowing it may or may not work for him.

I'll check these out!

Thanks for your help!

S :sun

Jan LiteShoe
12-02-2006, 16:16
Looking to buy a "base layer" for my step-dad's birthday. Don't need super-duper-hiker type stuff or the $$price$$ as he is quite sedentary due to several strokes. BUT--he is COLD most of the time and could use something lightweight but warm to keep in more bodyheat. Sunny aka Sunrise:sun

How about polling The UnderWear Guys?
Fiddlehead is on WB.
When I'm really cold, I seek out something fleecy. Fleece tights/ longjohns?

illusionistG
12-02-2006, 17:11
Target sells a brand of really comfy long underwear for women called Cuddl Duds - it comes in XL which fits my father who is roughly the same size (5'9" and 38 waist worn just below chin :D) It come in black, natural and white.

Cuddl Duds...whoa I got to get a pair of these. This will help alleviate the lonely feeling you get on a cold winter night up at the Garfield Ridge campsite !!!!!

fiddlehead
12-03-2006, 20:29
How about polling The UnderWear Guys?
Fiddlehead is on WB.
When I'm really cold, I seek out something fleecy. Fleece tights/ longjohns?

thanks Jan,
I don't normally advertise on these threads but when someone else brings it up, i'll add my thoughts. we have polypro lightweights (irregs) for $9 in all sizes except i think we're out of 3XL tops right now.
We usually carry these prices and also have some "polar max" L and XL tall tops (1sts) for $8. Mention you are from whiteblaze and we'll throw in an extra 5% off. (up until Jan 1 anyway, after that, i'm not doing the shipping for a while) you can find us at: www.theunderwearguys.com and the long underwear is at: http://fiddleheadpa.safeshopper.com/1/cat1.htm?941