PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating alarm clock

tomman
12-04-2006, 23:22
I am looking to find a good vibrating alarm clock. I have some hearing problems plus I do not wish to awake other hikers that may wish to sleep later than me.

I would like one that also has a thermometer included. I have seen some on Amazon but the reviews are not that good. Some of the reviews say do not buy anything from Maxi-Aids. They said that when problems with the clock occurred that Maxi-Aids did not respond in any way.

Can any one help with something they tried and it worked well for them?

Thanks,
Tomman:-?

Jan LiteShoe
12-05-2006, 00:14
I am looking to find a good vibrating alarm clock. I have some hearing problems plus I do not wish to awake other hikers that may wish to sleep later than me.

I would like one that also has a thermometer included. I have seen some on Amazon but the reviews are not that good. Some of the reviews say do not buy anything from Maxi-Aids. They said that when problems with the clock occurred that Maxi-Aids did not respond in any way.

Can any one help with something they tried and it worked well for them?

Thanks,
Tomman:-?

Hi Tom,

Try here:
www.soundclarity.com/vibrating_alarm_clock.asp
or here:
www.soundbytes.com/Timekeeping.html -
to start and see if something there is what you're looking for.

Just Jeff
12-05-2006, 00:35
I feel a trailname comin' on... :D

atraildreamer
12-14-2006, 12:39
Try searching Google for a deaf wristwatch. They can be set to vibrate a an alarm clock, and vibrate every hour, if desired. My wife has one and is quite happy with it. You can leave the alarm clock at home and save some weight.

rafe
12-14-2006, 12:41
I am looking to find a good vibrating alarm clock.

Alarm clock while hiking? :eek: What in tarnation for ???

rafe
12-14-2006, 12:45
I feel a trailname comin' on... :D

Actually, I was thinking Firesign Theater. "No, friends, this one won't take over the house like the Austrian vibrating clocks...."

micromega
12-14-2006, 13:53
Try hearmore.com or harriscomm.com, both should have what you're looking for.