PDA

View Full Version : JRB Stealth or No Sneveller

Franco
12-06-2006, 06:21
Please help me with this dilemma. I have had a play with the Jacks r Better Stealth quilt, to familiarize my self with the size and "functionality", now I cannot decide if I should get the Stealth or the No Sniveling.
Originally I thought of using it as a top cover to boost my sleeping bag in winter ( over a WM Highlite or the Ultralite) and as a puffy jacket when no one is around at camp , now I am thinking that the No Sniveler could became also a good and versatile three season quilt. Any experience /suggestions?
Franco

Repeat
12-06-2006, 07:22
I have the NoSinveller and highly recommed this item. I used it on a recent outing to the Overmountain Shelter. I wore it under my gortex jacket for warmth (worked great), then used it as an under-quilt for my HH, in conjuction with a pad, that night. I was warm all night and it 19 degrees that morning.

K-Man
12-06-2006, 10:18
Get Both!! Use the Stealth in the summer and the NS the rest of the time. I've been warm to 25 degrees with just the NS under me and the WM Alpinlite as a top quilt. I will be out this weekend and temps are expected to drop to the teens so I will let you know how that goes.

K-Man
12-06-2006, 10:20
OK Yeah, I read that again and seems you are not using a hammock. I get excited when I think I can talk about my hammock system... So to assist you in your dilemma, I once used the NS as a quilt on the ground and was plenty warm in the high 30's.

Franco
12-07-2006, 02:24
Thank you for the information. I was going to add "no comments from hammock freaks" but I am far too polite for that.
I know how excited you guys get as soon as you smell an "h" thread. Sooner or later I will try the aerial sleep system. If I fall off and die I will come back and sue you.
Franco
BTW the only thing I don't really like about the NoSniveller is that bright green colour. Black would just be fine for me.

peter_pan
12-07-2006, 08:45
Thank you for the information. I was going to add "no comments from hammock freaks" but I am far too polite for that.
I know how excited you guys get as soon as you smell an "h" thread. Sooner or later I will try the aerial sleep system. If I fall off and die I will come back and sue you.
Franco
BTW the only thing I don't really like about the NoSniveller is that bright green colour. Black would just be fine for me.

Franco,

Be nice now... the No Sniveller was conceived, built, and marketed by hammock guys...

But the really nice thing is there will soon be an integrated insulated bottom available.... Think No Sniveller with no air leaks for winter and and still a wearable quilt... Should be announced in 7-14 days.

Pan

Smee
12-07-2006, 09:54
Franco,

There's no reason you cant use the quilts black side out. put the green on the inside. They're reversible!

Franco
12-08-2006, 07:49
Hi Jacks
First I am impressed that you both care to read my comments and in case you have missed this, I do have a slightly warped sense of humor, needed to put up with my own presence 24 7.
My friend Adam kindly lent me his Stealth to try out for size whilst he was using his HH something or rather. I think this came about because I gave him one of those very cute and useful White Box stoves.
I love the versatile design of the Stealth and on me it looks much better than on you guys. However for the extra few ounces I am thinking that the Non Sniveler will be a better buy. ( I already have five down bags...)
I did try the Stealth on both sides and visualizing the No Sniveler inside a tent that bright green would be a bit more uplifting than the black.I'll wait to see the new design, working in retail I will be busy till mid Jan, so no hikes before then.
For what is worth, the finish and attention to detail with the Stealth is superb.
Franco

peter_pan
12-08-2006, 09:29
Franco,

Are you the same Franco as on BPL? ... Sense of humor seems parallel.

Pan

Franco
12-08-2006, 20:34
There is only one of me. I was the second and last attempt at creating intelligent life by my parents and I am making my contribution to the gene pool by not having children. Due to a "misunderstanding" I no longer participate to BPL.
I am also at Practical Backpacking, still have to listen to your podcast , I am having some trouble downloading it.
Franco

peter_pan
12-08-2006, 21:52
Franko... you are right about the model (me normally) :eek: We are looking for a cutie when we redo the site next time ... did you get rid of your beard?:-?

Pan

Egads
12-08-2006, 22:19
If you delete quicktime from your computer, MS mediaplayer will play the podcast.

Franco
12-08-2006, 23:08
Thank you Gordon, your fix works.
On a previous podcast I forced Media Player to that link and worked, this time I could not do it. I had a major hardware upgrade in between.
I'm off now spending an hour with the two Jacks.
Franco