PDA

View Full Version : Living on or near the AT

Chaco Taco
12-09-2006, 13:56
I have been reading alot of thruhikers stories along with some books people wrote about their experience on the AT. I come across people that ahve described the people that own these hostels and bunkhouses. They talk about people that stay with them and help out with stuff. I wasw ondering if there has ever been anyone that just lives on the trail working for enough food and actually end up making a decent life for themselves. I just want to know if there is any way that someone could live up in the Mtns and work in the Outfitters and actually have a good life. Anyone know what I am talkinga bout? Im not talking about living like a nomad and yogi-ing on the trail for the rest of their lives but actually living in the trail towns. :-?

Almost There
12-09-2006, 18:57
There are many people who do this. The Outfitter at Neel's Gap employs hikers who live on the grounds. As well as others who work at various outfitters to make enough money to fund another hike, after the hike many go back to work at an outfitter until the next one. You'll never be rich, but if it makes you happy then I would call it a good life.

stuco
12-11-2006, 14:38
Kinda like a deadhead of the AT. A Trail-Head.:banana