PDA

View Full Version : Burn Hole in Underquilt

K-Man
12-12-2006, 00:37
I was out this weekend finishing up a section in NY that I had left. Now I have from DWG to Lee, MA done. :sun

Anyway, I had a campfire burning and I was wearing my No Sniviller underquilt as a jacket. The next morning I discovered a small hole in the quilt about half the size of an eraser head. :mad: Must have come from an ember that I didn't see. What can I do to patch this up. I was thinking some silnet would do the trick. Any suggestions? I have ZERO sewing experience...:confused:

Jim Adams
12-12-2006, 01:30
you can cut a small circle of nylon tent patch and stick it on. the patch material itself looks pretty cheesy but i have used it for a few small ember holes on various tents and tarps over the years and they have all held. i don't know what type of glue that they put on it but it sticks great.

peter_pan
12-12-2006, 10:47
Two choices:

Pinch the hole in half... elongate the hole with small snips... Then with a needle and thread whip stitch it closed, so a little passed each end.

Cut a small rounded patch (PM your address and we'll send you some matching material)... cover area with Mc Nett's Seam Grip then apply rounded patch... when dry, recover with Seam Grip.

Pan