PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feeds and Subscription Forums

Alligator
12-12-2006, 23:41
Attempt 1.
I tried using Firefox to create an RSS feed to the Non-AT Forums. This failed. I was left with a blank page when I tried using the orange icon in the address bar of Firefox.

Attempt 2.
I tried an RSS aggregator service--Newsgator:bse also. The service was unable to connect, even when I supplied my credentials, username Alligator, password Darth;) .

I used the politics forum as a test
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=358

Any ideas how this might be made to work or what I may be doing wrong? I think the problem is that the Non-AT forums are subscription, but it seemed like supplying my credentials would resolve this.

The Old Fhart
12-13-2006, 00:01
Alligator-"I think the problem is that the Non-AT forums are subscription, but it seemed like supplying my credentials would resolve this.""Credentials, we don't need no stinking credentials.." Oops, wrong movie. I think the problem is that you are not allowed to post because you are not a lawyer (or have not stayed at a Holiday Inn).:D

The fine print: The preceding is meant only as satire, a form of humor and any resemblance between any fur-bearing rodent, living or dead, is purely coincidenctal. BTW, Pogo says 'HI' from the swamp!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-13-2006, 01:00
Darn your ornery hide, OF. You made me spray diet Ginger Ale all over my monitor.

Sly
12-13-2006, 01:16
Alligator, I can't answer your question but do you have Firefox 2? I'm still on version 1.5.0.8 and was wondering if I should upgrade...

Nightwalker
12-13-2006, 01:18
Alligator, I can't answer your question but do you have Firefox 2? I'm still on version 1.5.0.8 and was wondering if I should upgrade...

Yup, for multiple reasons--silent patching and updating among them.

Alligator
12-14-2006, 23:14
Alligator, I can't answer your question but do you have Firefox 2? I'm still on version 1.5.0.8 and was wondering if I should upgrade...I switched to FF2 because Fitz suggested you could get the RSS feeds. I had the old version but didnt' see the option. If you want the feeds easy I think you need FF2. I usually use Explorer, but I actually like FF better because it has many cool customizable features and add-ins. I just haven't sat down and made the switch. Very busy at the moment, if anyone responds to this thread, I'll check it at a later time.

Sly
12-14-2006, 23:59
Thanks. I went ahead and did the upgrade to FF 2.0 I was worried about losing themes and extentions, but they're all compatible.