PDA

View Full Version : Mid January Start?

MrHappy
12-13-2006, 20:25
As many of you may know, I've been planning a Jan 1st start. I'm discovering that I really don't have it together, and with the holiday season coming up I'm unlikely to be prepared in time. I'm worried that by starting later (Jan 10th or so) I'd be condemning myself to solitude. Is there anybody planning on starting on the 10th, or anybody who was planning on starting the 1st but wouldn't mind waiting? I'm not asking for a hiking partner -- just some to start around the same time as me and maybe stick together for the first few weeks or so.

Thanks!

Jack Tarlin
12-13-2006, 20:28
There are always a handful of folks starting on or near the first of the year, so you while there won't be a lot of folks out there before 1 February, you certainly won't be alone. So even if you don't actually start with a partner, you'll certainly encounter other folks out there.....not many, but at least some.

In the weeks to come, you might also want to check out the list of expectant 2007 thru-hikers at www.trailjournals.com; you may well find some other early starters there.

mountain squid
12-13-2006, 20:54
Yeah, not sure if there is a big difference between the 1st and the 10th. Good Luck, though. Enjoy your hike and dress warmly...

But, speaking of Trailjournals, where is the WhiteBlaze 2007 list? I know there are some threads, but haven't seen the "Class of 2007" spreadsheet yet. When is that usually added?

See you on the trail,
mt squid

eventidecu
12-13-2006, 21:00
I'm concidering an impromptu got-nothin-eles-getthahell- out of dodge- start in Jan..50/50 deal..But I can get off trail every week or so given weather or so if needed...Would like company for a few days or weeks..

MrHappy
12-13-2006, 21:08
You'd be more than welcome!

eventidecu
12-13-2006, 21:42
Don't know if I want to be bunkin with "Mr. Happy" tho. LOL unless it's my Mr. Happy. Kinda sceerd ya no.

MrHappy
12-13-2006, 21:50
Haha, don't worry about that. It's a long story about how I got the trail name. I'll stay in my tent if you'll stay in yours.

Lone Wolf
12-13-2006, 21:52
Haha, don't worry about that. It's a long story about how I got the trail name. I'll stay in my tent if you'll stay in yours.

I hiked with a gal 11 years ago who had a mini vibrator named Mr. Happy.

Skidsteer
12-13-2006, 21:53
As many of you may know, I've been planning a Jan 1st start. I'm discovering that I really don't have it together, and with the holiday season coming up I'm unlikely to be prepared in time. I'm worried that by starting later (Jan 10th or so) I'd be condemning myself to solitude. Is there anybody planning on starting on the 10th, or anybody who was planning on starting the 1st but wouldn't mind waiting? I'm not asking for a hiking partner -- just some to start around the same time as me and maybe stick together for the first few weeks or so.

Thanks!

Trailplace.com lists one person starting on Jan.12.

Log on, register, click on starting dates in the left-hand column of the home page, and go to January.

His e-mail address is listed.

Fly By Mike
12-13-2006, 21:56

Geez... what did she call you?

Lone Wolf
12-13-2006, 21:57
Geez... what did she call you?

vienna sausage boy

rickb
12-13-2006, 22:06
Sorry to hear that.

MrHappy
12-13-2006, 22:21
My thread has been hijacked by perverts! :-o

Fly By Mike
12-13-2006, 22:40
vienna sausage boy

Guess it would be hard to measure up to Mr. Happy, eh?:)

spittinpigeon
12-20-2006, 03:13
While I was reaching in the register box at Mt. Cube shelter, I pulled out a very well seasoned, not so 'mini' vibrator.
Also, whoever started this thread, Fishy-T and I will probably run into you not long after you start. We're SOBO though, so it'll be like a one night NSA deal. ;)