PDA

View Full Version : Hey You Far South ATers

Chocolate Bandito
12-14-2006, 01:54
Yeah, I know there are tons of NC triad-area hiker people who've posted. But that's too far east for me. Anyone near the far south AT (Hiawassee, Blairsville, Franklin, NOC area)? It'd be nice to have some company every once in a while. Overnight, dayhiking, etc.

TCB...y

generoll
12-14-2006, 09:19
Dunno about right there, but Chattanooga and Atlanta and places west are fairly well represented.

Rhettamus
12-14-2006, 09:39
I'm out side atlanta, but you can find me in North GA all the time, gonna be hiking from deep gap to lake fontana starting jan1st. see ya on the trail!

Almost There
12-14-2006, 10:52
There are probably at least 10-20+ WBers living in the ATL to N. Ga area. So plenty of us around!

Speer Carrier
12-14-2006, 11:05
You may want to check the Georgia Appalachian Trail Club website (google it)and perhaps join if you are not already a member. The club has day hikes every weekend, and many overnighters as well. You can participate in the hikes as a guest as well.

general
12-16-2006, 20:24
I'm near Helen, and I'll go hiking whenever.

Chocolate Bandito
12-21-2006, 21:36
Thanx for the responses. I'll look into the GATC, but I'm not into group hikes, persay. My work schedule changes every week, so it's hard to make plans. The next block of time I have off is for the SORUCK. But, anyone's welcome to PM me about a hike, and I'll see if I can fit it in. All I need is a day's notice- if that.

Chocolate Bandito
01-21-2007, 21:41
I'm off till Friday and plan to get in a few days of hiking. Haven't decided on the section yet. Nothing farther north than Fontana. Anyone game?

tiamalle
01-21-2007, 23:30
Thanx for the responses. I'll look into the GATC, but I'm not into group hikes, persay. My work schedule changes every week, so it's hard to make plans. The next block of time I have off is for the SORUCK. But, anyone's welcome to PM me about a hike, and I'll see if I can fit it in. All I need is a day's notice- if that.If I can be of any assistance to you or other hikers in the Franklin area please pm me,Ron

midnight_recon
01-22-2007, 09:53
I'm in Franklin and usually up for a trip. If it's been raining much and the creeks are running, I'm going kayaking, though!

bobbyray
02-08-2007, 23:19
I'm wanting to do a 12 to 20 mile day hike on Sunday, Feb 11th, anywhere south of Fontana Dam and north of Deep Gap. If your up for it email or call. Thanks.

Ramble~On
02-09-2007, 05:33
I'm in NC 20 minutes from NOC

I hike pretty much every week Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
I solo or hike with friends and there's always room for more.
The AT, BMT, MST, FootHills or whatever.
Dayhikes, overnighters, mulitday and trail work trips..

This week it's a work trip to the BMT with a Sunday overnight at Slickrock Creek.

Anyone interested now or ever please email or PM or if you have a hike planned and have room for one more....please let me know.