PDA

View Full Version : Mtn Hdwr Waypoint

stranger
06-05-2003, 20:50
I am interested in picking up a Waypoint and was hoping someone here has one or could give me some practical information about it. I am wondering about the ventilation features...any info would be great. Cheers!

Companion
09-21-2003, 18:50
i saw one(waypoint 1) today and am terribly impressed. i went to look at a msr microzoid and was appalled by the bivy like tent..and 'tent' is a strong term for the microzoid(and its heavier than the waypoint, btw)i havent read any reviews..favourable or other wise. its a single wall tent...*very* spacious inside and very very light to boot(2 lbs 2 oz) and only $195.00!!

i dont know what the catch is..and i am sure there is one...i too will greatly appreciate it if anyone has anything good or bad to say about the waypoint(single person tent)

Companion
09-21-2003, 18:52
sorry...hit enter too soon..

re the ventilation..it has a chimney like structure..i.e no mesh...so even in strong rain, it isnt going to get you very wet....when it rains and the water level is raising..there might be a problem if the water level is more than 4 inches..thats around where the ventilation mesh around the tent begins...

ezdoesit
09-22-2003, 10:08
:) :)
Stranger,
Stick with your tarp and stop playing around with tents that just don't work and are much,much heavier then a tarp.
P.S. I miss you brother come home.
:banana :banana

kank
09-23-2003, 16:57
You'll drown in any tent!!! Nylon deathtraps is what they are!
-RJ

stranger
09-27-2003, 00:11
Hey EZ...I think you are the last person to tell someone to stop playing around with gear hahaha!! Yes I love my tarp but really really hate NZ sandflies.

I got my hands on a Waypoint and it looks sweet. 3 vents at the head, mesh venting all around the bottom and a nice size foot vent...although it could be bigger considering the design.

I am considering the Waypoint 1 and the Virga by Tarptent. We'll see. Hey EZ good hearing from you and see you in December!

MedicineMan
09-27-2003, 04:28
Sandflies are truly the most viscious flying critter I have ever encountered.....2 weeks ago bitten at the wharf at Invercargill prior to the Stewart Island hike--still itching from those bites...historically men committed suicide when there was no escape from them.

MadAussieInLondon
09-27-2003, 06:40
i used to tihnk sandflies and blueys nasty. then i discovered scottish midges.. more to the point, they discovered me!

Matt Pincham
10-17-2003, 16:59
Wanted to resurrect this post rather than start a new one.

Anyone got any other news about the Waypoint. My girlfriend and I are looking to purchase this tent after trialling it.

It looks too good to be true...I know most people recommend Tarps but they're really not to my liking and I'm after a tent.

Anyone got any opinions on the Waypoint (1 or 2...we will be purchasing the Waypoint 2)

Matt