PDA

View Full Version : Deal done - Katahdin Lake added tp BSP.

TJ aka Teej
12-15-2006, 17:54
Deal completed, Katahdin Lake now part of Baxter State Park

http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/articles/2006/12/15/deal_completed_katahdin_lake_now_part_of_baxter_st ate_park/

December 15, 2006

MILLINOCKET, Maine --A 4,000-acre parcel that includes Katahdin Lake has been added to Baxter State Park, fulfilling its benefactor's vision and providing the ultimate holiday gift to the people of Maine, Gov. John Baldacci announced Friday.
The announcement followed completion of the purchase Thursday by the Trust for Public Land, which negotiated the deal with Gardner Land Co., led a $14 million private fundraising campaign and transferred the deed to the Baxter State Park Authority.
The deal also includes an additional 2,000 acres north of the lake that will be open to hunters and snowmobilers and be managed by the Maine Department of Conservation.
-------
full story at link

max patch
12-15-2006, 18:29
Thanks for the link.

You are THE SOURCE for info about about BSP. Glad you're still around, although after the krap thrown your way last week no one would have blamed you if you wern't.

rafe
12-15-2006, 21:32
I think this happened because I gave $50 to Weary's charity the other day.

rafe
12-15-2006, 21:33
Sorry, I forgot to add the smileys (max of four allowed) :) :) :) :)

TJ aka Teej
12-16-2006, 11:32
Thanks Max, and Terrapin too! The donation made to MATC's landtrust that Weary often reminds us about didn't go to this purchase, but the good karma from supporting the MATC Land Trust sure had to help! I was on the fence regarding adding the purchase to the Park. Gov Baxter only considered adding the area once, to the best of my knowledge, and never went back to it. I donated because the upside of adding this land to the Park is that the protecting body is the strongest it can be. Time for new maps and an IAT re-route!