PDA

View Full Version : Susquehannock Trail - PA

stranger
06-07-2003, 23:43
Just wanted to recommend a great little trail in north-central PA called the Susquehannock Trail. It's located in Potter County and is a well graded, beautiful 85 mile loop trail through some decent wilderness.

I have hiked it twice, and on my first hike I saw more bear (3) than people (2) over five days. Best of all...almost exactly halfway through you literally walk past a Post Office in Cross Fork, PA. There is also a small pub, restaurant and very cheap motel there.

It's a great hike for people with some limited time.

ganj
06-08-2003, 02:14
Just spent two days hiking the Black Forest Trail near Slate Run, PA. Lots of views when compared to the PA section of the AT. We only saw one person out there and that was a retired Ranger that was cutting blowdowns out of the way. Constant rain the second day so we ended up hiking the last 20 miles out back to town. Note: Water levels are very high for the area. Makes for some difficult stream crossings.

Dirtyoldman
06-08-2003, 11:18
Havent made it up to the susq yet but I have done the BFT... its a butt kicker but worth it.

stranger
06-08-2003, 20:54
Yeah the Black Forest is great, only been down there once but a great trip. The Susquehannock is a walk in the park compared to the BFT.

slabfoot
06-09-2003, 08:07
did the bucktail path(nicely graded with good switchbacks) and the donut hole(mostly strait ups and downs) without meeting a single hiker. many good trails up above loch haven for solitude.