PDA

View Full Version : accessing articles

Grinder
12-17-2006, 18:15
when I try to access the article itself, I wind up at the discussion of the article itself, no matter what I do.
Afew times I got to a link that says "to read the entire article click here" but end up at the discussion anyway.

Where am I going wrong?

TIA
Tom

Skidsteer
12-17-2006, 19:35
when I try to access the article itself, I wind up at the discussion of the article itself, no matter what I do.
Afew times I got to a link that says "to read the entire article click here" but end up at the discussion anyway.

Where am I going wrong?

TIA
Tom

Are you trying the links to articles on the left-hand side of the home page?

Works fine for me.

Grinder
12-17-2006, 19:48
Specifically, I'm trying to access the back pack comparison chart. When I try to access, (I get to here :---Damn! Can't copy and paste in the reply form.)
I get to the page that says "Click here to read entire article" That links me to the discussion section, not the article.

I get the same result whether I start from the home page or post no. 1 in the article discussion section, Or the article index from the forum tree.

Skidsteer, Let me know if you get the same thing.

Maybe it's just the backpack link

Tom

Skidsteer
12-17-2006, 19:56
Is this the article you're looking for?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=95858#post95858

I got it from the Home page.

:sun

attroll
12-17-2006, 20:00
Specifically, I'm trying to access the back pack comparison chart. When I try to access, (I get to here :---Damn! Can't copy and paste in the reply form.)
I get to the page that says "Click here to read entire article" That links me to the discussion section, not the article.

I get the same result whether I start from the home page or post no. 1 in the article discussion section, Or the article index from the forum tree.

Skidsteer, Let me know if you get the same thing.

Maybe it's just the backpack link

Tom

If you go here you should see it http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=95858. What browser are you using?

Grinder
12-17-2006, 20:49
I'm using firefox. If the chart is supposed to be in that big empty space, then that's the problem. I must need a plug in.
Any idea which one?
I have java and macromedia flash.

Tom

attroll
12-18-2006, 05:14
I'm using firefox. If the chart is supposed to be in that big empty space, then that's the problem. I must need a plug in.
Any idea which one?

Tom
Yes it is probably a plug in you need. I don't know enough about firefox, but I know it works when try viewing it with firefox.

Fannypack
12-18-2006, 07:43
Any idea which one?

Tom

upgrade to latest version of Firefox... see if that helps or maybe u will be prompted to load a plug in when using the new version of Firefox...

K0OPG
12-18-2006, 09:43
I am having the same problems. I have Windows XP at home and windows Professional at work. Both do the same thing, I click on the article and get the discussion about the article.

ATTROLL...I know I let you know about this before, but it is still doing it.

Grinder
12-18-2006, 10:03
The problem is definitly Foxfire related.
From attroll's question, I opened the page in Internet Explorer and VOILA!! there was the chart.

I believe I'm running the latest version of Foxfire since I just installed it a few weeks ago

I'll poke around the foxfire site and see what I can find, but for now:
Note to self: "When you can't see the chart, switch to Internet Explorer."

Thanks all for the help

Tom

Grinder
12-18-2006, 18:34
I'm no longer sure foxfire is the problem. Now, when I go back to Internet Explorer, It behaves the same as foxfire, with empty space where the graph should be.

With internet Explorer, I get an error message.
line 396
char 24 error:null is null or not an object
code 0
url http/www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=95858

For what that's worth

Tom

attroll
12-19-2006, 04:58
I'm no longer sure foxfire is the problem. Now, when I go back to Internet Explorer, It behaves the same as foxfire, with empty space where the graph should be.

With internet Explorer, I get an error message.
line 396
char 24 error:null is null or not an object
code 0
url http/www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=95858

For what that's worth

Tom

Try rebooting your computer and do not open any other program. Then open IE and try and view it and see what happens.

Grinder
12-19-2006, 15:33
Huzza!!!!

I feel like cracked the daVinci code!!

I don't know what the problem is, but if I select "advanced thread tools" and then "show printable version" from the drop down menue, the graphs and other original write ups are presented as the author wanted them to be.

Thanks to all who helped.
Tom