PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Wrap Recipes:

sarbar
12-17-2006, 19:16
I added these to my website recently. These are mostly low carb friendly, and can be altered to a person's taste and diet.

Curry Chicken Pitas:

1 7 ounce pouch chicken
4 packets mayo

In a sandwich bag put:
2 Tbl dried onion
1/4 cup dried apples, chopped

In a small bag put:
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger

Also take:
2 large pita pockets or large tortillas

Add enough water to cover the onions and apples. Let soak for 10-20 minutes. If any water is left, drain off carefully. Open the chicken packet, add in the mayo to taste, then the seasonings. Toss in the onion and apple. Spoon into the pitas, halved.
Serves 2.

Harvest Chicken Salad Wraps:

1 7 ounce pouch of chicken

In a sandwich bag:
2 Tbl dried chopped celery
1/4 cup dried apples, chopped

Also take:
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 Tbl craisins or raisins
1 packet each salt and pepper
1 Tbl olive oil
2 large pitas or tortillas

Cover the celery and apples with water and let sit for 10-20 minutes. Drain any remaining water carefully. Open the chicken pouch and add the vegetables, nuts and craisins and toss. Add in olive oil to texture you like, salt and pepper to taste. Serve in pita halves or as wraps.
Serves 2.

Razzie chicken:

1 7 ounce pouch of chicken
1-2 tbl of dried cranberries
1-2 tbl dried apples - plain (fresh is better if you want to pack one in)
1 tbl walnuts, chopped
basamalic raspberry dressing to taste, in a single serve pouch

In camp, mix together in chicken pouch. Works great as a filling for 2 tortillas.
Serves 1-2.

fiddlehead
12-17-2006, 21:52
MMnmnmnmmmmmm, getting hungry reading those.
I wouldn't want low-carb while hiking though. maybe add some rice.
No chicken but here's what i often do: take powdered refried beans, reconstitute in hot water, add crackers crunched up of some kind, garlic, powdered tabouli (rehydrated of course) and top with cheese wrapped in a corn tortilla. Add anything else you can find: ramps, fiddleheads, onion, watercress, sprouts, hummus, etc.
Not as tasty as above but tons lighter and keep it flexible and fun.
it's often tough finding dried foods in the south. Much easier once you get above the Mason Dixon. check the Mexican section for some goodies.