PDA

View Full Version : Order your new DataBook and Companion!

TJ aka Teej
12-18-2006, 01:48
Mrs Gorp says the Companion should be mailed to the field editors as soon as this week, so it should be "in stock" at Harpers Ferry any day!

http://www.atctrailstore.org/ Who is on the covers this year? :D

A.T. Data Book-2007--NEW
Member Price: $4.75

Twenty-ninth edition. A consolidation of the basic information from all 11 A.T. guidebooks into a lightweight table of distances between major Appalachian Trail shelters, road crossings, and features--divided according to the guidebook volumes and updated each fall to account for relocations, new or removed shelters, and other changes. Also keyed to maps. Indispensable for hiking the A.T. 96 pages, paperback.

A.T. Thru-Hikers' Companion 2007--NEW
Member Price: $11.15

The Appalachian Trail Conservancy and the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association collaborate on a guide especially designed for potential thru-hikers who want the basic information for a five- to six-month trek in the woods, at a reasonable price, but also want the adventure of finding out the extras for themselves. Edited by Cindy "Mrs. Gorp" Miller, who hiked again throughout 2006. With research by more than a dozen thru-hiker volunteers in 14 states, backed by the first-hand information of the Trail's volunteer and staff maintainers and managers, and extensive information from the 2007 A.T. Data Book. Fourteenth edition, 4" x 9" for easy packing, 288 pages, maps, illustrations, equipment-makers' toll-free numbers, post office hours.

Frosty
12-18-2006, 03:10
Is the Data Book still set up for SOBO thruhikers? (North to South listings, as opposed to South to North in Companion and Thruhikers Guide?)

highway
12-18-2006, 09:55
Is the Data Book still set up for SOBO thruhikers? (North to South listings, as opposed to South to North in Companion and Thruhikers Guide?)

I have often wondered what the reasoning was behind the S-N data flow. There are more NOBO thru-hikers which would prefer the reverse, I suspect, although its really not much of an impediment since one adapts to it fairly quickly. Section hikers probably wouldnt care much either way. The price is right, though

Ender
12-18-2006, 10:59
I always found it cool that the data book worked backwards for NOBO hikers... I always felt like I was working my way towards the beginning of something, instead of just trying to make it to the end, because I was working towards the beginning of the book.

rafe
12-18-2006, 11:23
I always found it cool that the data book worked backwards for NOBO hikers... I always felt like I was working my way towards the beginning of something, instead of just trying to make it to the end, because I was working towards the beginning of the book.

It's like reading in Hebrew (evrit.) :D.