PDA

View Full Version : Foothills in Feb

humunuku
12-18-2006, 21:16
Anyone interested in doing the Foothills trail in late Jan or Feb?

Sly
12-18-2006, 21:19
Yeah, atleast some of it. I have a large gap I like to do. Let me know, my calender should be free about then til whenever...

humunuku
12-19-2006, 10:27
all have a better idea when i can go after the holidays, I be in touch.

Frosty
12-19-2006, 10:39
I missed an opportunity to do this last month, but it is still on my list. Any chance of doing it following SORUCK?

humunuku
12-19-2006, 22:35
I missed an opportunity to do this last month, but it is still on my list. Any chance of doing it following SORUCK?

Most likely I can't do it right after SORUCK, I'm already taking 1.5 weeks off for xmas, and going to SORUCK, so I got to go to work some time... Feb is looking like the earliest option at the moment.

But, if I get fired, then I'm all for it - I'll keep you posted!

Frosty
12-19-2006, 23:51
Most likely I can't do it right after SORUCK, I'm already taking 1.5 weeks off for xmas, and going to SORUCK, so I got to go to work some time... Feb is looking like the earliest option at the moment.

But, if I get fired, then I'm all for it - I'll keep you posted!Thanks. Post-SORUCK isn't the best time for me,either, but I do want to hike the FHT. Even more since I bought the guidebook/map last month.

Well, it'll be there.

Phreak
12-20-2006, 07:26
Anyone interested in doing the Foothills trail in late Jan or Feb?

Sure, I'm always up for hiking the FHT. Just give me a week or two notice as to the exact dates and I'll join ya. Early February would work best for me but I'm open to late January if necessary.

UK-Blue
01-02-2007, 13:53
I would love to get in on this group. I've been wanting to do the FHT for a while. I'm in Columbia and I'll need a few weeks to juggle my schedule but keep me posted.

Bowser
01-21-2007, 20:24
I was wondering if I could get in on this hike as well. I will be attempting a thru hike on the AT starting late march and would love to do the FHT again as a warm up hike.

humunuku
01-21-2007, 22:47
Okay, here's the date i'm looking at. Start hiking on Sunday Feb 18 going from Table rock to Oconee. I'd like to be back in the car by Saturday Feb 24. If we finish before that, thats fine. (FYI I'd be happy doing 15mile/day avg, checking out most blue blazes along the way) If this sounds good to anyone, PM me and well make some firm plans. Hopefully we can leave a car at each end to make it easier.