PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Artists???

adh24
12-19-2006, 10:31
OK I realise this is a little off topic with the AT. But seeing that there are quite a few people on here that are from the South Eastern PA area, or at least I think, I have a question. I've been hunting for a good Tatoo artist within lets say a 50 miles radius of Philly that has exceptional free had skills.

My wife has been wanting to get a tattoo of our Daughter's foot print from the hospital the day she was born on the top of her own foot. I've never gotten a tattoo, she has three, and I was wondering if someone could point me a good directoin. Going to do this as a Christmas present but considering the vast detail involved I won't someone who has really good skills.

I've started my own search on the net but am an ignorante person when it comes to the subject. Any help would be great, names, contact numbers, web sites, etc...

Thanks in advance and if the Mods deleate this thread I understand:sun

Michele
12-19-2006, 10:36
I'm not from Philly, but one way to find a good artist is to find people who have quality tats and just ask them where they go. This has always worked for me. I'd also recommend just going to different places, looking around, and looking for things like cleanliness, use of gloves, picture albums of their work, etc.

I'm sure someone else here on WB will have more extensive knowledge though. Good luck, one you get one, you'll want more!

adh24
12-19-2006, 10:38
I'm not from Philly, but one way to find a good artist is to find people who have quality tats and just ask them where they go. This has always worked for me. I'd also recommend just going to different places, looking around, and looking for things like cleanliness, use of gloves, picture albums of their work, etc.

I'm sure someone else here on WB will have more extensive knowledge though. Good luck, one you get one, you'll want more!

Not for me it's for the wifey. Not a big needle fan.

laniamore
12-19-2006, 10:39
Close, but not really close is Columbus (my hometown) - I got one of my tattoos from Evolved there and they did an amazing job. They just opened up a second part of their shop to expand it. It's clean, reasonable priced and professional. :D

moondoggy
12-19-2006, 10:41
Just South of Wilmington Del there is a small town called Stanton....
In Stanton there is a Tattoo shop called "The G spot". The owner, George, is an excellant artist....he will do a very good job for you.
The bad news there is about a 6 week wait to get an appointment with him...